🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cakes, Fakes & Counter-Quakes; Do The Kleins Have A Countersuit Against The Lesbians?

Shows your intent. You like being the victim!

Naw, I stopped being the victim when I walked away from their crazy religion after my Mom's funeral. You know, the one where the psycho old nun said God had a good reason for her death.

You see, I'm not gay and I'm pretty indifferent to whether or not they can get married. I think it's fair that they should be able to, because, hey, why should just the straights have to suffer?

But the PURE MISERY that Christians get knowing they not only have to acknowledge gay marriages, but they will be put through the wringer if they try to impose their superstition on them... that's PURE FUCKING GOLD.

We do hope for your redemption. When one suffers in the grip of Sin, it saddens us all.

TRUE FUCKING STORY!

Shows your intent. You like being the victim!

Naw, I stopped being the victim when I walked away from their crazy religion after my Mom's funeral. You know, the one where the psycho old nun said God had a good reason for her death....You see, I'm not gay and I'm pretty indifferent to whether or not they can get married. I think it's fair that they should be able to, because, hey, why should just the straights have to suffer?....But the PURE MISERY that Christians get knowing they not only have to acknowledge gay marriages, but they will be put through the wringer if they try to impose their superstition on them... that's PURE FUCKING GOLD.
OK, so you hate Catholics, and by extension, Christianity. You realize your post is the same as if one on the other side said "I was driving to work and had to wait on a gay pride parade with men exposing themselves to little kids on the street. I was an hour late and nearly got fired. So those "psycho" old fags said they had a good reason to make me late".

And then proceeding from there to harbor a vendetta such that you'd be a payroll blogger to defeat LGBT's cult in any way you could. And as an added punch, wishing their collective misery (bigotry anyone?) as "PURE FUCKING GOLD".

Thanks for the background on your Christian-hate.

We do hope for your redemption. When one suffers in the grip of Sin, it saddens us all.

TRUE FUCKING STORY!

TRUE FUCKING STORY- Nothing I've done in my life counts as "sin" to a sane person. I've never screwed over a person in my life, even people who've truly deserved it.

I just don't believe in your Sky Fairy.

Well Joe, did you admit you are a Christian-hater or not?

I have the stupidity of certain "Christians", but calling people who think Jesus was all about hating on the Gays really don't count as Christians.

Watching these people twist in the wind because society no longer tolerates their bigotry, is hilarious.

OK, so you hate Catholics, and by extension, Christianity. You realize your post is the same as if one on the other side said "I was driving to work and had to wait on a gay pride parade with men exposing themselves to little kids on the street. I was an hour late and nearly got fired. So those "psycho" old fags said they had a good reason to make me late".

I would say if your boss fired you for being late, you were probably already on his radar as someone he wanted to get rid of.

And then proceeding from there to harbor a vendetta such that you'd be a payroll blogger to defeat LGBT's cult in any way you could. And as an added punch, wishing their collective misery (bigotry anyone?) as "PURE FUCKING GOLD".

Hey, these nuns pretty much made my childhood miserable from High School up until the day of my Mom's funeral... There was also the Priest who refused to say anything at my Dad's funeral because he chose cremation.

The ironic thing about the Catholic clergy is that they were all frustrated homosexuals trying to pray away the gay. The best thing the gay liberation movement did was cut off their supply of people to make kids miserable.

The lesbians KNEW that Sweet Cakes was a Christian-run business. They were informed of that and CHOSE ON PURPOSE to continue to try to force the Christian couple to do what their faith forbade them to do under peril of eternal damnation: abet the spread of homosexuality in a culture "as normal" (See Jude 1 of the New Testament).

These lesbians were out to sabotage the Kleins' 1st Amendment rights, using inferior local PA laws. It was a direct act of suppressing someone else's constitutional rights. If the Kleins can demonstrate that the lesbians knew the Kleins had constitutionally-protected objections (since "gay" is behavioral and NOT protected as such in the Constitution) ie: their 1st Amendment rights,, AND if the Kleins could demonstrate the lesbians had alternatives (they did and knew they did) a countersuit could show the lesbians were out to suppress constitutional rights of another person or persons. Turn this bitch on its heel and chase the other way?

They went to the appeals court this March 2017.
Argument for the Kleins: Bakers Accused of Hate Get Emotional Day in Court
“The government should never force someone to violate their conscience or their beliefs,” Kelly Shackelford, president and CEO of First Liberty Institute, a religious freedom group that represents the Kleins, said in a press statement, adding:

“In a diverse and pluralistic society, people of good will should be able to peacefully coexist with different beliefs. We hope the court will uphold the Kleins’ rights to free speech and religious liberty.”

Argument against the Kleins:

But Charlie Burr, a spokesman for the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, whose lawyers represent the Bowman-Cryers, said:

“The facts of this case clearly demonstrate that the Kleins unlawfully discriminated against a same-sex couple when they refused service based on sexual orientation.”

But Mr. Burr, don't you know that there is NO LANGUAGE AT ALL in the US Constitution either directly or via insinuation or allusion to sexual behaviors and habits? But there is PLENTY of language in the US Constitution about religious freedoms and protections. And, nobody is allowed to suppress or deny the Constitutional rights of another. And Mr. Burr, do you know that the Judicial branch of government cannot use its power to legislate brand spanking new pivotal language into the US Constitution? Might want brush up on that old political science course you had to take in high school in order to pass. Though I realize that in Oregon, "education" is a loose term...

Anyone want to bet on this horse race? :popcorn:

You're confused as to what constitutional rights are. They are freedom from government intervention. Read the First Amendment again. It doesn't restrict lesbians. It restricts Congress.

Try again.

TRUE FUCKING STORY!

TRUE FUCKING STORY- Nothing I've done in my life counts as "sin" to a sane person. I've never screwed over a person in my life, even people who've truly deserved it.

I have the stupidity of certain "Christians", but calling people who think Jesus was all about hating on the Gays really don't count as Christians.

Watching these people twist in the wind because society no longer tolerates their bigotry, is hilarious.

Joe, declaring yourself god is unattractive. You don’t get to decide what sin is. Someone with a much better grasp of reality already has that job

You thought they were kind of reasonable? No, you and those lesbians knew they violated 1st Amendment rights; which is why the lesbians would not let up when they were told no. Your cult wants to force Christianity to its knees on this issue. If you think that's going to happen, you're seriously mistaken.

Actually, here's what's already happening. Christianity is trying to run away from you homophobes as quickly as it can. Because honestly, you are kind of ugly people no one wants to be associated with.

Again, Johnny come lately PA laws created by inspiration from an illegal precedent (Obergefell's rampant swiss-cheese failures to abide by law and separation of powers), will not dominate the protections for religion within the individual at the SCOTUS level. But you folks HAD to push it. And now you've gotten exactly what you should've predicted: a microscopic examination by an otherwise squeamish court system of exactly what makes "LGBT" tick and why that "ticking" should 1. Exclude other kink minorities like polygamy and 2. Be legally dominant to religious protections in the Constitution.

Um, guy, you've been predicting this for the last two years... and if anything, gay marriage has become more accepted, not less. Now, the thing is PA laws aren't a new thing. They were largely instituted back in the 1960's so businesses couldn't keep discriminating against blacks. The religious issue was also litigated more than 50 years ago, when some idiot try to use religion to justify segregation.

Y'all just don't know when to stop. And now your bullshit lies of "homosexuality, transgenderism, etc. etc. etc. is inborn and not behavioral!" are going to bite you in the ass.

Meh, not really. If any behavior is in decline, it's religious stupidity, and we are all better off for it.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

This is not about cake, or the LGBTs claim of discrimination, it’s haters doing what haters do!

Thanks.

That is what you haters do- haters got to hate.

. Now, the thing is PA laws aren't a new thing. They were largely instituted back in the 1960's so businesses couldn't keep discriminating against blacks. The religious issue was also litigated more than 50 years ago, when some idiot try to use religion to justify segregation.

What does race have to do Constitutionally with minority deviant sex kinks .

Sex kinks of course have nothing to do with marriage.

But despite the efforts of the Conservative Christians to have Big Brother dictate what sex kinks Americans can enjoy- since Lawrence v. Texas, the Conservative Christians have not been able to legislate sexual behavior between consenting adults.

And that is a a good thing.

^^ Promoting homosexual spread though any culture is not just a sin Pop, it's a mortal sin. There are different types. One you can recover from (venial sins) and others you cannot and will be tortured in the fires of Hell for eternity (mortal sin)

Mortal and venial sins are entirely Catholic concepts.

And hell- you just make this crap up anyway.

^^ Promoting homosexual spread though any culture is not just a sin Pop, it's a mortal sin. There are different types. One you can recover from (venial sins) and others you cannot and will be tortured in the fires of Hell for eternity (mortal sin)

PA laws have been around over 50 years
Sadly, they were necessary to fight Jim Crow

Jim Crow 2017 aims to block access of gays to marriage
You mean PA laws about RACE? Where again in the US Constitution does it say "protection also for minority deviant sex kink/behaviors but not polyamory (polygamy) sex kink/behavior"? Can you post a quote and a link where minority deviant behaviors (except polygamy) are treated as equal to race from the US Constitution?

Public Accommodation laws are not mentioned in the Constitution.

They are laws passed by Congress- or States.

Now why do you believe States's can't tell business's that they cannot discriminate against blacks, Jews or gays?

TRUE FUCKING STORY!

Joe, declaring yourself god is unattractive. You don’t get to decide what sin is. Someone with a much better grasp of reality already has that job

Christians declare all the time what is a 'sin'. They cherry pick the hell out of the bible in order to justify their hatred of this group or that group.

PA is about more than race
It includes sex, religion and sexuality

So then you affirm that polygamists can already legally marry, since polyamory is just another deviant sex kink? No? Why not, specifically? Do PA laws cover polygamists or not?
Fine with me

They don't hurt anyone
Not if it's fine with you, but is it legal?
Should be
I don't care

It is asshole Christians who are upset

TRUE FUCKING STORY!

Yes, you do get to decide
You have to face yourself in the mirror

TRUE FUCKING STORY!

Yes, you do get to decide
You have to face yourself in the mirror

No, no I am not the one who decides. Not quite that powerful.

Forum List

Back