🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Calavaras County CA Bans Pot Grows Even While The State Says It's Legal

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Once pot friendly Northern California county bans marijuana

Well the games have begun. Lawsuit coming..

four new board members were seated this month after winning election in November on campaign promises to ban marijuana.....Calaveras County growers with permits said Wednesday they are planning to sue. Each permit cost $5,000 and the county has collected more than $7 million in taxes from marijuana growers since 2016....The farmers also said they may try to qualify a ballot measure to reverse the ban....Ban proponents complained that a sudden influx of new marijuana growers dramatically changed the region's makeup and damaged the environment.

In order to get a ballot measure approved, it first must not violate any State or Federal laws. This should get interesting...

Huh? How does that work?
Well near as I can tell, it's called "ruling from the bottom up". I guess that County figured that if the State can tell the fed to piss off about Schedule 1 pot grows, then the County can tell the State to piss off about ignoring the federal law.

It's really just a matter of a bunch of people failing American Government in high school. The whole problem started when one of those flunkies, the CA AG, reviewed the original "medical" then "recreational" ballot measures and approved them for the ballot without noticing that they violated federal law. They should have never made it past her desk. But they did. And here we are: sedition-land and a quagmire of lawsuits beginning...

Huh? How does that work?
Well near as I can tell, it's called "ruling from the bottom up". I guess that County figured that if the State can tell the fed to piss off about Schedule 1 pot grows, then the County can tell the State to piss off about ignoring the federal law.

It's really just a matter of a bunch of people failing American Government in high school. The whole problem started when one of those flunkies, the CA AG, reviewed the original "medical" then "recreational" ballot measures and approved them for the ballot without noticing that they violated federal law. They should have never made it past her desk. But they did. And here we are: sedition-land and a quagmire of lawsuits beginning...

Haven't you gone down this dead end before?

A state allowing cannabis doesn't "violate Federal law". There's no federal law that declares that a state has to pass anti-cannabis state laws. A Californian (Coloradoan, Washingtonian, whatever) who grows cannabis may still be in violation of federal law; they're just not in violation of state law.

California has had medical pot since 1996.....in 22 years it has never been challenged as far as i know....

four new board members were seated this month after winning election in November on campaign promises to ban marijuana.....Calaveras County growers with permits said Wednesday they are planning to sue. Each permit cost $5,000 and the county has collected more than $7 million in taxes from marijuana growers since 2016....The farmers also said they may try to qualify a ballot measure to reverse the ban....Ban proponents complained that a sudden influx of new marijuana growers dramatically changed the region's makeup and damaged the environment.

In order to get a ballot measure approved, it first must not violate any State or Federal laws. This should get interesting...

So Calavaras County decided to ban commercial growing.

And?

Huh? How does that work?

LOL- Calaveras County has acted within its legal authority under both local and state law to ban commercial growing.

they haven't banned pot, or private growing.

Sucks for the commercial growers in Calaveras but its an issue for Calaveras County- completely up to them.

Counties and cities in California have been allowed to pass their own laws about cannabis cultivation since 1996 when medical past. The pot growers will sue, but they'll probably lose. Otherwise, this is a complete non-issue.

As for your claim that ballot initiatives must not "violate any state or federal laws", that's not the slightest bit true. The only restriction on ballot initiatives in California is that they can't be unconstitutional - in terms of both the state constitution, and the US Constitution.

The California AG doesn't have the power to "approve" or "disapprove" of ballot initiatives.

Huh? How does that work?

A state allowing cannabis doesn't "violate Federal law". There's no federal law that declares that a state has to pass anti-cannabis state laws. A Californian (Coloradoan, Washingtonian, whatever) who grows cannabis may still be in violation of federal law; they're just not in violation of state law.

There are federal laws dealing with drug cartels, whether they are ran by Poncho down in Mexico, or from a Governors mansion.

Huh? How does that work?

There are federal laws dealing with drug cartels, whether they are ran by Poncho down in Mexico, or from a Governors mansion.

Show us the laws, and tell us how the would possibly apply to the governor of California.

Title and Chapter.

Huh? How does that work?

Show us the laws, and tell us how the would possibly apply to the governor of California.

Title and Chapter.

State licensed growers, state licensed distributors and the state taking their cut of the action. How is that different form any cartel?

You can start here, and then feel free to look up RICO laws.

FEDERAL Laws & Penalties - NORML.org - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

Last edited:
Huh? How does that work?

Title and Chapter.

State licensed growers, state licensed distributors and the state taking their cut of the action. How is that different form any cartel?

You can start here, and then feel free to look up RIOC laws.

I didn't ask you to try to distract from the question.

What federal laws, specifically, do you believe Jerry Brown has broken?

Title and Chapter.

And, don't forget to tell us exactly how each element of the crime is met.

Title and Chapter.

Title and Chapter.

He's running an organized crime syndicate, AKA DRUG CARTEL.

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act - Wikipedia

Title and Chapter.

Title and Chapter.

I'm asking for the title and chapter of the US Code of the crime you're accusing Jerry Brown of.

Additionally, I'm asking you to explain how Jerry Brown has met each and every element of the crime.

Title and Chapter.

Title and Chapter.

"Drug cartel" is it?

What would this "drug" be?

Title and Chapter.

Title and Chapter.

I'm asking for the title and chapter of the US Code of the crime you're accusing Jerry Brown of.

Additionally, I'm asking you to explain how Jerry Brown has met each and every element of the crime.

21 U.S.C. §§ 801-904

Part D — Offenses And Penalties
§848. Continuing criminal enterprise

(b) Life imprisonment for engaging in continuing criminal enterprise
Any person who engages in a continuing criminal enterprise shall be imprisoned for life and fined in accordance with subsection (a) of this section, if—

(1) such person is the principal administrator, organizer, or leader of the enterprise or is one of several such principal administrators, organizers, or leaders; and

(2)(A) the violation referred to in subsection (c)(1) of this section involved at least 300 times the quantity of a substance described in subsection 841(b)(1)(B) of this title, or

(B) the enterprise, or any other enterprise in which the defendant was the principal or one of several principal administrators, organizers, or leaders, received $10 million dollars in gross receipts during any twelve-month period of its existence for the manufacture, importation, or distribution of a substance described in section 841(b)(1)(B) of this title.

Section 848

Title and Chapter.

Title and Chapter.

21 U.S.C. §§ 801-904

Any person who engages in a continuing criminal enterprise shall be imprisoned for life and fined in accordance with subsection (a) of this section, if—

(1) such person is the principal administrator, organizer, or leader of the enterprise or is one of several such principal administrators, organizers, or leaders; and

(2)(A) the violation referred to in subsection (c)(1) of this section involved at least 300 times the quantity of a substance described in subsection 841(b)(1)(B) of this title, or

(B) the enterprise, or any other enterprise in which the defendant was the principal or one of several principal administrators, organizers, or leaders, received $10 million dollars in gross receipts during any twelve-month period of its existence for the manufacture, importation, or distribution of a substance described in section 841(b)(1)(B) of this title.

Section 848

That statute requires a "continuing criminal enterprise".

What crime?

Title and Chapter, please.

Title and Chapter.

Title and Chapter.

"Drug cartel" is it?

What would this "drug" be?

Check the thread title and link troll.

Title and Chapter.

21 U.S.C. §§ 801-904

Section 848

That statute requires a "continuing criminal enterprise".

What crime?

Title and Chapter, please.

Read the link troll.

Forum List

Back