Calif Shooter Was Banned from Owning Guns

What part of "The police were called several times on this guy for threatening people and having illegal gun parts" are you refusing to understand? The police did nothing! You want more laws? Then you are nothing but a commie gun grabbing pos! Enforce the law as it is and this bastard would have been locked up!
Shut the fuck up stupid.
Says the idiot who says we need laws so laws are enforced.

If the left had any self awareness they’d hide in shame.

I'm not going to debate your right wing talking points that are strictly designed to distract from the real issues.
No one can debate a nutter who says laws to enforce laws are required.

Gun-control rivals team up on bill to fix background-check database

What? Fix it? You mean the current system wasn't perfect?

And for how many years were you not willing to even discuss fixing this database system? That's what I thought. Because you were brainwashed to believe any gun legislation was bad. So you wouldn't even look at the flaws with our current system. Well, luckily some Republicans are starting to come around.

improve the national background-check system by increasing how often states and federal agencies report offenses that would legally prohibit individuals from buying a firearm.

Their bill is narrow in its focus, reiterating and reinforcing the requirement that federal agencies report all infractions to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), and creating financial incentives for states to do so as well.

The deficiencies of the NICS database have come into sharp focus since it was revealed that a 2014 domestic violence conviction should have prevented the shooter in this month’s fatal attack on a church in Sutherland Springs, Tex., from buying a firearm. But the Air Force never reported the conviction to the background-check system.

The problem isn’t confined to the military: The NICS database is missing millions of such records, according to an estimate by the National Rifle Association, citing a 2013 report from the National Consortium for Justice Information and Statistics that found “at least 25% of felony convictions . . . are not available.”

FIX IT!!!

How many years have Democrats been asking but Republicans were unwilling? So fuck off. We don't need to convince the crazies in your party.
Every gun I have bought since the mid nineties has had no background check of any kind ran on me.

Wrong retard. That's why A bipartisan measure aimed at improving background checks for gun sales has been introduced in the Senate
What part of "The police were called several times on this guy for threatening people and having illegal gun parts" are you refusing to understand? The police did nothing! You want more laws? Then you are nothing but a commie gun grabbing pos! Enforce the law as it is and this bastard would have been locked up!
Shut the fuck up stupid.

Here's a law that could help. I walked into a gun store and walked out that day with a muzzleloader. They didn't even check with the police. Just swiped my credit card and off I went. It doesn't have to be that easy.
Why would the police be notified? They don't have anything to do with background checks. You gonna use a muzzle loader to shoot up a school?

Don't get distracted stupid.

Federal agencies are required to report various felonies, indictments and other crimes — including domestic assaults — into the federal database, but Congress has no power to compel states to do the same. The Murphy-Cornyn legislation would offer direct financial incentives, as well as favorable future access to other federal assistance programs, to states that report infractions into the system.

Shut the fuck up stupid.

I'm not going to debate your right wing talking points that are strictly designed to distract from the real issues.

And for how many years were you not willing to even discuss fixing this database system? That's what I thought. Because you were brainwashed to believe any gun legislation was bad. So you wouldn't even look at the flaws with our current system. Well, luckily some Republicans are starting to come around.

improve the national background-check system by increasing how often states and federal agencies report offenses that would legally prohibit individuals from buying a firearm.

Their bill is narrow in its focus, reiterating and reinforcing the requirement that federal agencies report all infractions to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), and creating financial incentives for states to do so as well.

The deficiencies of the NICS database have come into sharp focus since it was revealed that a 2014 domestic violence conviction should have prevented the shooter in this month’s fatal attack on a church in Sutherland Springs, Tex., from buying a firearm. But the Air Force never reported the conviction to the background-check system.

The problem isn’t confined to the military: The NICS database is missing millions of such records, according to an estimate by the National Rifle Association, citing a 2013 report from the National Consortium for Justice Information and Statistics that found “at least 25% of felony convictions . . . are not available.”

FIX IT!!!

How many years have Democrats been asking but Republicans were unwilling? So fuck off. We don't need to convince the crazies in your party.
Every gun I have bought since the mid nineties has had no background check of any kind ran on me.
Read the shit I'm posting moron. It's explaining what the new legislation is trying to accomplish. We already know what you think. It won't work and you don't like it. Good. That means it must be good.

Shut the fuck up stupid.

FIX IT!!!

Here's an example of how Republicans refuse to do the right thing

But Congress has had difficulty joining forces around gun-control legislation, even when lawmakers in both parties believe regulation is needed. Last month, in the wake of a mass shooting that killed 58 concertgoers in Las Vegas, Republican and Democratic lawmakers called for a restriction on bump stocks — the attachment that can turn a semiautomatic weapon into a nearly automatic firearm. But the effort to consider a bill has faltered — and an opening Judiciary Committee hearing on the matter has been delayed until December.

Wrong retard. That's why A bipartisan measure aimed at improving background checks for gun sales has been introduced in the Senate
Shut the fuck up stupid.

You get your right wing talking points from the NRA or what?

the NRA has long been clamoring for the federal government to do a better job of enforcing existing gun laws before they discuss expanding them.

Shut the fuck up stupid.

the NRA has long been clamoring for the federal government to do a better job of enforcing existing gun laws before they discuss expanding them.
Anyone with a room temperature IQ is laughing at you for saying we need laws so laws are followed.

And you fail to tell anyone what that proposed bill actually said. There is ample reason, as to how it was written, for it not to be supported, except by those wishing to tear the second amendment apart, piece by piece.

FIX IT!!!

But Congress has had difficulty joining forces around gun-control legislation, even when lawmakers in both parties believe regulation is needed. Last month, in the wake of a mass shooting that killed 58 concertgoers in Las Vegas, Republican and Democratic lawmakers called for a restriction on bump stocks — the attachment that can turn a semiautomatic weapon into a nearly automatic firearm. But the effort to consider a bill has faltered — and an opening Judiciary Committee hearing on the matter has been delayed until December.

Shut the fuck up stupid.

Here's a law that could help. I walked into a gun store and walked out that day with a muzzleloader. They didn't even check with the police. Just swiped my credit card and off I went. It doesn't have to be that easy.
Why would the police be notified? They don't have anything to do with background checks. You gonna use a muzzle loader to shoot up a school?
What's the big deal if one girl goes in and gets one abortion? It's just one dead fetus.

Shut the fuck up stupid.

Anyone with a room temperature IQ is laughing at you for saying we need laws so laws are followed.

Well that's funny because a bipartisan bill is being discussed. I just posted all the details and reasons why Republicans are joining in. But you won't address that. Those are just RINO's right?

Shut the fuck up stupid.

What's the big deal if one girl goes in and gets one abortion? It's just one dead fetus.
Your trolling keeps getting more stupid with each post. Too bad you weren't aborted.

And you fail to tell anyone what that proposed bill actually said. There is ample reason, as to how it was written, for it not to be supported, except by those wishing to tear the second amendment apart, piece by piece.

FIX IT!!!

You think those Republicans are trying to do away with the second amendment? That's how brainwashed you are. Unable to talk common sense.

Liberals truly are insane. They want to pass a law to make laws that are already passed be enforced. What truly insane group of idiots are running this country and living in it.

Shut the fuck up stupid.

Your trolling keeps getting more stupid with each post. Too bad you weren't aborted.

You're desperate

A bipartisan group of senators Thursday unveiled legislation to improve background-checks for gun sales, a narrow measure that attempts to address the recent spate of mass shootings.

The bill represents an incremental update to existing law but has the best chance of any effort to pass through Congress in recent years, with the weight of support from senior Senate Republicans behind it and no public opposition from the gun lobby.

The bill, crafted by Sens. John Cornyn, R.-Texas would attempt to better enforce current law and strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check system to ensure all background check information is uploaded.

Because the federal government can't force states to comply with uploading requirements, it creates incentives like grants for states to do so. It also adds accountability measures like withholding political appointees bonuses for agencies that fail to do so. The bill also directs federal funds to ensure that domestic violence crimes are added to the background-check system.

This is the third attempt to fix the background-check reporting system since 1995. The NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 provided millions to encourage the states to improve their data sharing. That was preceded by The National Criminal History Improvement Program, the first effort to give the states an incentive to report more records.

“For years agencies and states haven’t complied with the law, failing to upload these critical records without consequence,

This bill aims to help fix what’s become a nationwide, systemic problem so we can better prevent criminals and domestic abusers from obtaining firearms.”

I know this is going over your heads.

Liberals truly are insane. They want to pass a law to make laws that are already passed be enforced. What truly insane group of idiots are running this country and living in it.

WASHINGTON — A bipartisan group of senators Thursday unveiled legislation to improve background-checks for gun sales, a narrow measure that attempts to address the recent spate of mass shootings.

The bill represents an incremental update to existing law but has the best chance of any effort to pass through Congress in recent years, with the weight of support from senior Senate Republicans behind it and no public opposition from the gun lobby.

The bill, crafted by Sens. John Cornyn, R.-Texas, and Chris Murphy, D-Conn., would attempt to better enforce current law and strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check system to ensure all background check information is uploaded.

n_ruhle_caldwell_guncontrol_171116_1920x1080.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Senators unveil new bipartisan gun control legislation 1:33
According to a description of the bill, first obtained by NBC News, the “Fix NICS Act” offers a handful of solutions to help get all the necessary records uploaded, including asking federal agencies and states to produce plans to upload and verify the criminal and mental health records necessary to bar unfit purchasers from buying a weapon.

Because the federal government can't force states to comply with uploading requirements, it creates incentives like grants for states to do so. It also adds accountability measures like withholding political appointees bonuses for agencies that fail to do so. The bill also directs federal funds to ensure that domestic violence crimes are added to the background-check system.

This is the third attempt to fix the background-check reporting system since 1995. The NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 provided millions to encourage the states to improve their data sharing. That was preceded by The National Criminal History Improvement Program, the first effort to give the states an incentive to report more records.

“For years agencies and states haven’t complied with the law, failing to upload these critical records without consequence,” Cornyn said in a statement announcing the effort Thursday. “Just one record that’s not properly reported can lead to tragedy, as the country saw last week in Sutherland Springs, Texas. This bill aims to help fix what’s become a nationwide, systemic problem so we can better prevent criminals and domestic abusers from obtaining firearms.”

“This deal will strengthen the background check system and save lives. Our bill marks an important milestone that shows real compromise can be made on the issue of guns," Murphy added.

Senator John Cornyn, R-TX, and his wife Sandy Cornyn visit a memorial to the victims of the mass shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Nov. 12. R. Tomas Gonzalez / EPA
The National Rifle Association, a powerful gun lobby that gives heavily to elected officials, won't oppose it.

We will just keep moving forward while you throw a tantrum.

The bill, crafted by Sens. John Cornyn, R.-Texas

You're desperate

A bipartisan group of senators Thursday unveiled legislation to improve background-checks for gun sales, a narrow measure that attempts to address the recent spate of mass shootings.

The bill, crafted by Sens. John Cornyn, R.-Texas would attempt to better enforce current law and strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check system to ensure all background check information is uploaded.

“For years agencies and states haven’t complied with the law, failing to upload these critical records without consequence,

This bill aims to help fix what’s become a nationwide, systemic problem so we can better prevent criminals and domestic abusers from obtaining firearms.”

Laws so laws are followed! You can’t make this stuff up! :lmao:

You're desperate

Well states don't have to follow the federal laws so the feds are going to give the states incentive to follow the law. This will save lives. I know you hate that but it's a good thing.

Yet again, more laws not being enforced. They're not interested in getting society's dregs to come to heel. They're interested in getting productive, law-abiding citizens to let go of this check on government power.

California shooter was barred from owning guns: report

Well it's about time you guys start waking up

A bipartisan measure aimed at improving background checks for gun sales has been introduced in the Senate, after a mass shooting in Texas that officials say might have been prevented if the gunman's conviction on assault charges had been flagged in a national database.

Senators Introduce Bipartisan Deal To Tighten Reporting For Gun Purchases

If only you Republicans were willing before all the death that has happened recently.
The laws are already on the books liar. You regressive stains did nothing.

if the laws we have already are not enforced what makes you think a new law will be the solution?
Good point....we need to put more effort into enforcing the laws we already have. Closer and more frequent vigilance of those not allowed to have guns.

You're desperate

Well states don't have to follow the federal laws so the feds are going to give the states incentive to follow the law. This will save lives. I know you hate that but it's a good thing.
If lives are at stake why isn’t all funding being cut to those states? Because it’s BS.

And do tell us why Leftard dominated Calif is not complying.

You're desperate

You just keep denying the truth that criminal behavior does not include following the law. I'll be sure to vote against ole Johnny.

Forum List

Back