California first state to ban natural gas heaters and furnaces

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Congratulations. California is simultaneously (1) driving up costs for millions of low-income Californians & (2) hurting the environment (nat gas emits far less than coal-powered electricity).

You best not live in a place with shadows if you live in Cali it seems. . . :eusa_think:

:auiqs.jpg:

What's funny is that democrats think that Newsom's going to have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the democratic nomination in two years...

Congratulations. California is simultaneously (1) driving up costs for millions of low-income Californians & (2) hurting the environment (nat gas emits far less than coal-powered electricity).

From the link:

The new regulations will rely on adoption of heat pump technologies, which are being sold to electrify new and existing homes.

Heat pumps are far more efficient than natural gas heaters.

From the link:

The new regulations will rely on adoption of heat pump technologies, which are being sold to electrify new and existing homes.

LOL... Heat Pumps... DO these idiots realize that these units have to be in places that are above freezing to work? That once you get below freezing by a few degrees that they no longer work and you are left using coil elements to heat only?

These units require the coil outside to cool and pull energy from the air. At about 30 degrees F the air is too cold to warm the coils sufficiently to warm the inside of the home.

I had to remove one from my new home because we get down to -10 deg F often. the power usage for the heating coils triples the heat pumps wattage/amperage draw. My homes pump used about 40 amps but once the temperature dropped and it could no longer create heat it switches to all heat coils. My 1,800 foot house required 120 amps in coils to heat it. Heating bills in winter exceeded 900 a month.

SO instead of 150.00 a month to heat your home you get to pay near 1000.00 a month. I am sure every low-income family can afford this cost... On top of the cost to put these things in... Just like buying an EV cause gas is so expensive. These fucking idiots are going to kill millions with this stupidity.

Last edited:
From the link:

But they use electricity, a lot of electricity, which, as we know, California doesn't have.

Like everything you people do, this will hurt the working class and poor the most.

The good news is if the people cut down all the forests to keep warm there will be a great reduction in wildfires.

Forum List

Back