California lost 9,000 business HQs and expansions, mostly to Texas, 7-year study says

This Texas?

Texas jobs, consumer economy feel the low price of crude oil

Lower oil prices and the loss of thousands of jobs in energy hubs such as Houston and Lubbock are pinching consumer discretionary spending in Texas, with weakness being noted in the third-quarter earnings of companies in such areas as hotels, restaurants and auto sales.

Don't mess with Texas, unless you're oil prices

Texas wins when you lose at the gas pump, and vice versa. Ironic, eh?

It was 8th 20 years ago and is 7th or 8th now.

My but how those 'job losses' are just ruining tea on the veranda. We hear the same whining over and over and California remains the US juggernaut of states year after year.

We welcome those who want to leave. Have fun in the oil and desert. When you are tired of the dust and corruption head on back.

We like to see the weak business head to Texas. They welcome the weak and give them low wages.

So those thinking about leaving California, good decision, get going. You don't want to wait until Texas is full!

Please keep thinking that way! It is that type of thought that has seen CA drop from the 6th largest economy on the planet to the 8th or 11th depending on whose study you look at. And it will drop even lower thanks to morons like you.

"And it will drop even lower thanks to morons like you"

"Impartiality is the goal, on the administrative end. We maintain the playing field, we don't stack the deck, choose winners or losers, we try to maintain fairness."

California has come back to number seven in world economies, anyway you rate that it is impressive. California bounces back as No. 7 economy in world

Last edited by a moderator:
America's Future: California Or Texas? - The Federalist
thefederalist.com/2015/07/06/americas-future-california-or-texas/
Jul 6, 2015 - If California is America's future, then that future is overrun with poverty. ... the average rent in San Francisco in the first quarter of 2015 was $3,458 vs. .... realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural
Ya it's mega expensive to live here. Plus taxes are ridiculous. When I retire I'm outta here. The dang weather is awesome though.

We like to see the weak business head to Texas. They welcome the weak and give them low wages.

So those thinking about leaving California, good decision, get going. You don't want to wait until Texas is full!

Please keep thinking that way! It is that type of thought that has seen CA drop from the 6th largest economy on the planet to the 8th or 11th depending on whose study you look at. And it will drop even lower thanks to morons like you.

"And it will drop even lower thanks to morons like you"

"Impartiality is the goal, on the administrative end. We maintain the playing field, we don't stack the deck, choose winners or losers, we try to maintain fairness."

California has come back to number seven in world economies, anyway you rate that it is impressive. California bounces back as No. 7 economy in world
It's the weather. Great for agriculture despite the water shortage. It was good for tech too but many companies have moved to Washington state.

I'm not surprised.

I go to California for business, and I've had several people tell me - unprompted - that they have either relocated their businesses or are thinking about it.

They tend to go to Texas because it's closer. But I do my best to convince them to come to Florida.

I'm not surprised.

I go to California for business, and I've had several people tell me - unprompted - that they have either relocated their businesses or are thinking about it.

They tend to go to Texas because it's closer. But I do my best to convince them to come to Florida.

Bunches of them are moving right next door to my state as well. We just got three new companies in the last three months.

Same tired old jealousy.

California is the gold standard in the country. Remember, all the gold, in California, is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills, in someone else's name...

But Texas has steers and manure. Good times.

It must drive rightards absolutely wacko when they have to consider that California is the number one source propelling this country into prosperity. Bless those little Liberal hearts.

Forum List

Back