California scuba fire...34 dead after being locked below deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most atrocious mass killing in peacetime ever, my opinion anyway. My question is why didn't Beto suspend his campaign with so many dead. Is is more horrific to be shot dead by a fool than to be burned alive by another fool?

Did you forget your link? I'm not sure what your post is about, Beto or the fire on the boat??
Both

What kind of idiot would permit themselves to be locked in below deck?
Not sure, supposedly the door was a watertight type presumably designed to prevent deck splash from getting below deck. This is atrocious

But aren't those doors usually openable from both sides?

They have a locking mechanism to assure a tight seal, but I have to assume the mechanism has a handle/wheel on both sides.
You are correct. My guess is that this was a fishing trawler conversion not designed for passengers

You mindless twit, these are not "converted fishing trawlers":

iu

You know nothing, you are ignorant, you lack the even the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity that would lead you to doing just a little bit of research. Sensationalism of tragedy is your currency, ignorance is your stock in trade.
Converted fishing boats, even if the conversion was done immediately. No one makes scuba diving boats, there is not enough market

Yes, they do make boats specifically for scuba diving, Dozens of different models, from small, simple designs to large, luxurious yachts.

You really do need to stop talking about things you know nothing about. Really. You're just embarrassing yourself with abject ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back