Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Thanks Obama, you suck

-Geaux
-------------------

Police chief blames government officials for death of California woman

When a U.S. Air Force veteran died after an undocumented immigrant and another man allegedly sexually assaulted her and beat her with a hammer, a police chief wasted little time blaming top officials of California and the United States.

"I think it starts in Washington, D.C., with this administration that we see and their policies. I think you can draw a direct line over to Sacramento with the policies of, I'm going to say, this governor and the Legislature," Santa Maria Police Chief Ralph Martin told reporters. "And I am not remiss to say that from Washington, D.C., to Sacramento, there's a blood trail into the bedroom of Marilyn Pharis."

Pharis was sleeping at her home just before 10 a.m. on July 24 when Victor Aureliano Martinez, 29, and Jose Fernando Villagomez, 20, allegedly broke into her home and assaulted her, Santa Maria police said in a news release.

The victim called police and when officers arrived, dogs led them to a nearby home where they found Martinez, who had allegedly broken into the home in an attempt to evade police, the statement said. He was arrested without incident and charged with attempted murder, sexual assault and residential burglary, it said.

Villagomez was arrested five days later -- on a probation violation -- and he was charged August 4 in the attack on Pharis, according to police.

Pharis, 64, died in the hospital August 1. Her family said she was "much loved," while her employer -- the Air Force's 50th Space Wing, where she was a civilian contractor -- called her death a "tragic loss" in a statement from the commander.

Police chief blames government officials for death of California woman Las Vegas Review-Journal

Forum List

Back