California!!

What I find bizarre is that the hospitals that have closed in GA did not make national news.

How many of those closed hospitals had direct competition with insurance company owned hospitals?

During the Bush years, United Healthcare bought more than 50% of the hospitals and Doctors in Vegas. The smaller guys are having a hard time competing with the UHC Goliath.

Also, of the closed hospitals in GA, how many have suffered down revenue due to uninsured working folks? Seems it's OK for employers not to do THE RIGHT THING.

What is the right thing that employers need to do?

Insurance companies were forced to cancel health plans because of obamacare. The president should have checked with the insurance companies before he made a promise that he couldn't keep. Some of those folks who lost their health plans are still not covered.

Insurance companies could have easily modified existing plans to conform, but they (insurance companies) made that choice for their customers.

Damn, that was funny.

The regulations written by HHS prohibited them from modifying plans to confirm with the new coverage. The very act of making them complaint forced them to cancel the policies because that is what the program was designed to accomplish. Everyone with an IQ above the freezing point of helium understand this, which is why you are the only Obamazombie in history to still be making this absurd claim.

Perhaps you'd like to post said regulations.

What I find bizarre is that the hospitals that have closed in GA did not make national news.

How many of those closed hospitals had direct competition with insurance company owned hospitals?

During the Bush years, United Healthcare bought more than 50% of the hospitals and Doctors in Vegas. The smaller guys are having a hard time competing with the UHC Goliath.

Also, of the closed hospitals in GA, how many have suffered down revenue due to uninsured working folks? Seems it's OK for employers not to do THE RIGHT THING.

Provide medical insurance. I do, they should.

Probably zero.

Hospitals that have closed in Georgia
in the last twenty years or so

1 Terrell County Rural
2 Hancock County Rural
3 Turner County Rural
4 Bowdon Rural
5 Buena Vista Rural
6 Summerville Rural
7 Dooly Rural
8 Soperton Rural
9 Northlake Rural
10 Tattnall Rural
11 Parkway Urban
12 West Paces Ferry Urban
13 Soutwest Atlanta Urban
14 Ridgecrest Clayton Urban
15 Dunwoody Urban
16 Telfair Rural

This was a google search. Strange that every facility I searched further is OPEN! I will say I didn't look up all of them, but you are more than welcome to do so yourself rather than spew BS.

During the Bush years, United Healthcare bought more than 50% of the hospitals and Doctors in Vegas.

Lie.

The Quiet Takeover: Insurers Buying Physicians and Hospitals
Written by Molly Gamble | July 11, 2011
The Quiet Takeover: Insurers Buying Physicians and Hospitals

Please identify the closed hospitals.

Medical Errors Draw $770,000 in Fines in CA
Cheryl Clark, for HealthLeaders Media, February 4, 2014

California has issued its latest round of administrative penalties to 13 hospitals where patients have been subject to serious injury or death as a result of regulatory noncompliance.

Medical Errors Draw $770,000 in Fines in CA

Used to be, providing medical coverage was an incentive to retain qualified, desirable employees...a "perk", if you will. Now it is supposed to be a mandatory requirement? How, exactly, did that evolve?

Insurance companies are the reason Americans are getting their healthcare changed to other policies.
Insurance companies were forced to cancel health plans because of obamacare. The president should have checked with the insurance companies before he made a promise that he couldn't keep. Some of those folks who lost their health plans are still not covered.

Insurance companies could have easily modified existing plans to conform, but they (insurance companies) made that choice for their customers.
Swell. There's no need for the insurance companies to focus on their profit margin, no sir, their primary and only focus should be on their customers. When they're forced to shut down, then they can focus on zero customers and the unemployment lines.

Used to be, providing medical coverage was an incentive to retain qualified, desirable employees...a "perk", if you will. Now it is supposed to be a mandatory requirement? How, exactly, did that evolve?

It "evolved" in the face of our failure to recognize that tax incentives, like those used to promote employer provided health insurance, are simply mandates in disguise.

Last edited:

Damn, that was funny.

The regulations written by HHS prohibited them from modifying plans to confirm with the new coverage. The very act of making them complaint forced them to cancel the policies because that is what the program was designed to accomplish. Everyone with an IQ above the freezing point of helium understand this, which is why you are the only Obamazombie in history to still be making this absurd claim.

What I would like is to shove your head into a toilet after I have had a bout of explosive diarrhea. I will settle for pointing out that many people, including me, have already posted the regulations.

The real reason is that medical insurance used to be cheap. The good ole days before Reagan fucked with the HMO act.

Swell. There's no need for the insurance companies to focus on their profit margin, no sir, their primary and only focus should be on their customers. When they're forced to shut down, then they can focus on zero customers and the unemployment lines.

Insurance company profits (and investor payouts) are set at the beginning of their fiscal year. Actual profits are ALWAYS more than the set profits.

It "evolved" in the face of our failure to recognize that tax incentives, like those used to promote employer provided health insurance, are simply mandates in disguise.

So employee tax incentives are mandates?

I know you recieved your talking points, but....they weren't trash policies....no matter what the democrat politicians say.

So all the policies were/are "A" listed policies?

Don't act so stupid, dude.
People bought policies that fit their needs.

But the policies they bought, when push came failed, then the taxpayers ended up fitting the bill. A perfect example is State Farm and Florida. State Farm wanted taxpayers to reimburse them for losses during the 2003-2004 hurricane season. Didn't work, so State Farm non-renewed policies.

Damn, that was funny.

What I would like is to shove your head into a toilet after I have had a bout of explosive diarrhea. I will settle for pointing out that many people, including me, have already posted the regulations.

Explosive diarrhea = Old person visiting Starbucks.

So all the policies were/are "A" listed policies?

Don't act so stupid, dude.
People bought policies that fit their needs.

But the policies they bought, when push came failed, then the taxpayers ended up fitting the bill. A perfect example is State Farm and Florida. State Farm wanted taxpayers to reimburse them for losses during the 2003-2004 hurricane season. Didn't work, so State Farm non-renewed policies.

For the love of God!
So, what your saying is that people who live in Kansas should be required to get Hurricane insurance? Is that what your saying???????????? :cuckoo:
You got apples and oranges going for you, dude

Last edited:

Forum List

Back