California!!

How would an individual mandate be a write-off?

Read Roberts' ACA decision. A tax 'penalty' for not doing something is exactly the same as a deduction for doing it. In either case, you pay less in taxes if you do as you're told.

Robert's realised that striking down the individual mandate would have undermined decades of tax incentives and stripped the federal government of the power to manipulate behavior via the tax code - and he simply didn't have the guts to do it.

How would an individual mandate be a write-off? It's a simple question.

I just answered you. Is there something about my explanation you didn't understand, or disagree with?

Names and policy numbers so "we" can check?????
Really? :cuckoo:
Who would that be, you and greenbeard? Kinda full of yourself aren't you?:eusa_whistle:

It's called put up, or shut up.

No it's not, it's called deflection on your behalf.
The lady's story has been on several news outlets. :eusa_eh:

Which lady do you write of, or is this one of those deceptions such as the business owner who was being force to provide insurance for himself and his FIVE employees?

It's called put up, or shut up.

Which lady do you write of, or is this one of those deceptions such as the business owner who was being force to provide insurance for himself and his FIVE employees?

Nope, the lady who has cancer and insurance with a low premium and moderate deductible. Now, she has nearly 3 times the premium and a high deductible and can't afford it.

Nope, the lady who has cancer and insurance with a low premium and moderate deductible. Now, she has nearly 3 times the premium and a high deductible and can't afford it.

I tried to research the case you cite, I'm not sure whether this is the woman, or not:
Woman With Cancer Loses ?World-Class? Insurance Plan Because of Obamacare | TheBlaze.com

Sadly, stories like this woman's are not a rarity.
Family of Six-Year-Old Cancer Patient Loses Coverage, Now Faces Soaring Premiums - Guy Benson

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/boy-with-cancer-loses-coverage-after-obamacare-launch/

Woman Battling Kidney Cancer Losing Company Health Plan Due To Obamacare « CBS DC

Breast cancer patient will lose her health coverage, hasn?t been able to enroll in Obamacare | Twitchy

And don't even think of making your trials and tribulations due to the atrocity that is obamacare public, the newest enforcement agency of the executive branch will be set on you:
Cancer Patient Who Says Obamacare Canceled His Health Insurance Now Says He?s Being Audited by the IRS | TheBlaze.com

Doctors don't like Covered California, so some just quit accepting the insurance
Feb. 27, 2014

The 58-year-old Sanchez did all the right things. He went to the Covered California website, chose an Anthem Blue Cross policy he could afford — $578 per month – enrolled and expected to continue with his follow-up treatment for his gastric bypass surgery at Monterey County Surgical Associates, his cardiology follow-up for an occluded coronary artery at PrimeCare in Salinas, and a 90-day checkup to ensure his diabetes is being managed appropriately, also at PrimeCare.

He filled out the application in December; he received his insurance card about 10 days ago.
He could have gone onto the Covered California website to see a provider directory of physicians who take his Anthem Blue Cross plan, except it doesn’t exist.

http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/20140227/NEWS13/302270020/1002/

Auburn hospital grapples with Affordable Care Act challenges

Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital is facing challenges as the Affordable Care Act is implemented, the North Auburn medical facility’s executive director said.

But hospital CEO Mitch Hanna said he’s cautiously optimistic that the facility, which is one of the largest employers in the Auburn area and has an annual budget of $120.1 million, will successfully weather Affordable Care Act changes.

But it needs help from the community to do so, he said.

Hanna said the nonprofit hospital, part of the Sutter Health system, had a slim, 1.9 percent operating margin in 2013, which was bolstered by $2.4 million in donations to the Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital Foundation.

“But we anticipate it’s going to have a negative impact because we have a large percentage of Medicare patients, and Medicare reimbursement is declining,” Hanna said. “Medicare is initiating what is called value-based purchasing, which is essentially withholding money that they otherwise would have paid us previously.”

Contradicting?

The rest of the article can be found here:

Auburn hospital grapples with Affordable Care Act challenges | Lincoln News Messenger

correct me if I wrong here ... medicare isn't the ACA... right or wrong
The ACA has been in effect for 2 monts for all hospitals ... right or wrong??? lets see here ... before the ACA, when a person with no insurance came in they got how much???? nothing... right or wrong...
verses now ... when that same person comes in and has medicaid now, not medicare, this hospital is bitching now because they don't get enough money???? that['s funny ... right or wong

In Cali no insurance equaled head of the line rights in ER. You were not turned away

-Geaux
you didn't comprehend what I said ... so I'll try to make it simple for you ... before 2014 these people coming to the hospital didn't have dime one to pay them... as of January 2014 where they were allow to buy health care, or if they didn't make enough money and couldn't afford health care they now could get medicaid... sooooooooooooooo !!!before the ACA no money to pay for their service, after aca the now get paid ... what the hospital is complaining about is being paid in a timely manor... you see Medicaid before the ACA would pay any bill that was sent to them ... now they question these bills ... if what they did was needed ... or are they just ordering test just to cover their ass ...if they are legit they get paid of they are then the hospital takes the loss not the tax payer ...this is what MeBelle is complaining about ... I would say at least they got something now, then what they got before ...which was nothing...

To blame it on ACA would be admitting the ACA is an actual insurance company.
If not for the ACA, the insurance companies wouldn't have changed their policies. It isn't rocket science.

If the insurance companies didn't have trash policies they wouldn't have to update them.

Before the huge government intrusion callously named the ACA, the consumers AKA we the people had the freedom to choose whatever policy they wanted, comrade....

Forum List

Back