Call to move the Winter Olympics

bodecea

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Will.Trade.Racists.For.Refugees
I say you should go to russia and protest. Bring large bright signs and T-Shirts.

Don't forget to bring extra pot too. I hear russian grass isn't as good as stuff here.

Hell bring some speed too, so that you can stay up longer and protest louder!!

• Banned
I say you should go to russia and protest. Bring large bright signs and T-Shirts.

Don't forget to bring extra pot too. I hear russian grass isn't as good as stuff here.

Hell bring some speed too, so that you can stay up longer and protest louder!!

Nope...thanks for the offer anyways.

Russia is an independent country and entitled to make laws it sees fit.

It is highly doubtful that American homosexuals are going to be able to have any bearing on Russian laws.

The law most relevant to the Winter Olympics is one which allows Russian authorities to detain tourists or foreign nationals who are gay or pro-gay for up to 14 days.

“An athlete of nontraditional sexual orientation isn’t banned from coming to Sochi,” Russia’s sports minister Vitaly Mutko said in an interview last Thursday. “But if he goes out into the streets and starts to propagandize, then of course he will be held accountable.”

Sounds like the 1936 Berlin Olympics

• Banned
Russia is an independent country and entitled to make laws it sees fit.

It is highly doubtful that American homosexuals are going to be able to have any bearing on Russian laws.

I do not believe this is an American issue only...it is a world civil rights issue. I say move the Winter Olympics to Vancouver...their stadiums, etc. are still up from four years ago. Do not reward Russia for draconic laws against their fellow human beings.

• Banned
The law most relevant to the Winter Olympics is one which allows Russian authorities to detain tourists or foreign nationals who are gay or pro-gay for up to 14 days.

“An athlete of nontraditional sexual orientation isn’t banned from coming to Sochi,” Russia’s sports minister Vitaly Mutko said in an interview last Thursday. “But if he goes out into the streets and starts to propagandize, then of course he will be held accountable.”

It does, doesn't it?

It isn't a world civil rights issue. It is a gay issue not shared by non-gays. However, it is American gays that are protesting the Olympics and want it moved.

Russia is correct. They do not want American putrid corruption spread in their country. This is their right.

It does, doesn't it?

In 1936, we had to "hide" our Jewish athletes so not to offend the Nazi hosts

Seems the same in Russia. Gays can go, but just don't advertise your presence

It isn't a world civil rights issue. It is a gay issue not shared by non-gays. However, it is American gays that are protesting the Olympics and want it moved.

Russia is correct. They do not want American putrid corruption spread in their country. This is their right.

It most certainly IS a world civil rights issue...not only are these draconic laws against gay people, they are against anyone who expresses support for gay people, rainbow flags, holding hands in public with someone else of the same sex, etc.

Can you imagine if they did the same against people of a certain religion and their supporters?

It does, doesn't it?

we have no problem abiding by the stringent laws in the middle east and even china when doing business there. why should this be any different?

It does, doesn't it?

we have no problem abiding by the stringent laws in the middle east and even china when doing business there. why should this be any different?

While we do business in the ME...would you support an Olympics there where the host nation suddenly (after getting the bid) said women couldn't compete or else have to compete in hajibs and all guest women mustn't be allowed to drive, must be covered, must be accompanied by male family members at all times, etc.?

Conservatives hate Obama so much they are praising Russia for their archaic civil rights laws. Old Joe Mccarthey is rolling over in his grave. This is the same regime that is propping up Assad in Syria. It's bizzare. I have never seen anything like it.

America has become the same kind of evil nation that it once fought against. That's what happened.

Forum List

Back