Call to move the Winter Olympics

More and more people and organizations are calling upon the IOC to move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia due to Russia's new laws on Homosexuality.

George Takei petitions: ?Move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia? ? MSNBC

Stephen Fry: Move Olympics from anti-gay Russia | News.com.au

What do you think, considering that there are most likely gay athletes and spectators and Russia has threatened to arrest, detain, then deport anyone who even appears to skupport gays in any way.

I think Russia can kiss my big round American heterosexual ass and the olypmics be moved elsewhere. The olympics are supposed to be for athletes to compete...with HUGE crowds from everywhere on earth...regardless of sexuality or politics, race or spiritual beliefs. Russia can go suck a big one as far as I am concerned.

As far as I know Russia doesn't plan on making their stance on Gays an issue with the Olympics, so your point about the Olympics are supposed to be for athletes is mute.

They have already announced that they will arrest any foreign gays/gay supporters and detain them for 14 days and then kick them out....during the Olympics.

It brings to mind the incredible naivete of the president when he took his political supporters on a multi-million dollar trip to try to convince the Olympic committee to hold the games in freaking Chicago.

What's next?

Ban athletes because they come from a country that is anti gay? Is that it?

Right quick you punish athletes for their government's policies.

And it's wrong. The Olympics is to be a celebration of the beauty of sport. And not to be used for a political agenda.

More and more people and organizations are calling upon the IOC to move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia due to Russia's new laws on Homosexuality.

George Takei petitions: ?Move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia? ? MSNBC

Stephen Fry: Move Olympics from anti-gay Russia | News.com.au

What do you think, considering that there are most likely gay athletes and spectators and Russia has threatened to arrest, detain, then deport anyone who even appears to support gays in any way.

I agree.:cool:

Russia sucks.

From the Olympic Charter:

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practising sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play."

http://www.olympic.org/Documents/olympic_charter_en.pdf

It's too late to move, but not too late for banning Russia from participating.

Tell you what Wytchy- all of you card carrying homosexuals need to book flights and take your happy asses on over to Russia .. LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD.. When they've thrown your butts in a russian hole, don't cry to the consulate..

How Christian....how Rightie.

Interesting...we liberals are always lectured about how we should be thanking our lucky stars that we don't live in MUSLIM countries where they treat gays horribly.

Well....now it's a Christian country doing it........and we're told to suck it up.

Very very interesting.

Repeating - Russia is NOT a Christian nation.
get over it.

I can understand you not wanting to acknowledge it....it sure throws a wrench in the "Christians don't do that" meme.

what part of 63% of Russians are atheists or non-believers and of the reamaining 37% only not more than 20% are Orthodox and 2% other religions, with 15% Muslim - YOU DO NOT GET?

or you as every libtard are thick on math?

so I'll explain slowly - 2/3, or 63%, or the vast majority of Russians are atheistis or non-believers.

only a small minority - about 20% are Christians and almost the same amount - 15% are Muslim.

Got it?

Russia is NOT a Christian nation.

Not even CLOSE

Last edited:
Too late to move it, not enough time to make other arrangements.

A boycott punishes no one but the atheletes and would serve no purpose.

Turin, Italy or Vancouver, BC hosted in 2006 & 2010, respectively...I suspect either could manage.

Vancouver has already been suggested to the IOC. BTW, it is not just Americans putting pressure on the IOC.

I bet if I flew into Saudi Arabia and started organizing protests against the bans on drinking, drugs, sex in public, their anti abortion laws, women not being able to drive and no free birth control I'd be breaking their laws.

And I'd be in big freaking trouble.

To be honest, I don't think a boycott is a good idea because our athletes work so hard to get on the team.

I've seen too many Eastern Block athletes over the decades that have questionable sexuality. It seems hypocritical.

My position is that Russia is making a mistake. It's none of their business what people do in private.

From the Olympic Charter:

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practising sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play."

http://www.olympic.org/Documents/olympic_charter_en.pdf

It's too late to move, but not too late for banning Russia from participating.

Tell you what Wytchy- all of you card carrying homosexuals need to book flights and take your happy asses on over to Russia .. LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD.. When they've thrown your butts in a russian hole, don't cry to the consulate..

How Christian....how Rightie.

stoop LYING

There's no way they can move it.

It's logistically impossible with six months to go

For example, it can't be in Vancouver. Where would you put all the athletes? The athletes villages have been converted to condos.

I bet if I flew into Saudi Arabia and started organizing protests against the bans on drinking, drugs, sex in public, their anti abortion laws, women not being able to drive and no free birth control I'd be breaking their laws.

Isn't that strange that our libtards are not concerned at all about the Muslim war on women?

Isn't that strange that our libtards are not concerned at all about the Muslim war on women?

Very very concerned about it. Who has said we are not. Do you think we would accept an Olympics in one of those Muslim countries?????

Forum List

Back