Call to move the Winter Olympics

While I would live to see activists rounded up an gently arrested by the Russian police, that is something we probably won't see.

If people really cared they wouldn't show up. Entire national teams would refuse to compete. Especially those who are gay. Even that's not happening. The guy with the leaking asshole will stuff a tampon up his ass and get out there. A competitor just won't give up their spot. When it comes to principle and gold, gold wins.

While I would live to see activists rounded up an gently arrested by the Russian police, that is something we probably won't see.

If people really cared they wouldn't show up. Entire national teams would refuse to compete. Especially those who are gay. Even that's not happening. The guy with the leaking asshole will stuff a tampon up his ass and get out there. A competitor just won't give up their spot. When it comes to principle and gold, gold wins.

We'll certainly see what happens, won't we? :D

now, in a serious mode.

I might be on the opposite side of the spectrum, but if you consider going there and doing something stupid - think again.

Russian penitentiary is nothing good to challenge.

and they won't be lenient.

Our country does not have an upper hand in the relations with Russia - and you are partially to blame it for, so if SHTF nobody will defend you as you might expect.
don't try Russian patience with the rainbow provocations during the Olympics.

I am dead serious and not just teasing you.

Last edited:
now, in a serious mode.

I might be on the opposite side of the spectrum, but if you consider going there and doing something stupid - think again.

Our country does not have an upper hand in the relations with Russia - and you are partially to blame it for, so if SHTF nobody will defend you as you might expect.
So don't try Russian patience with the rainbow provocations during Olympics.

You think people protesting will back off because of that?

Protesters, especially those who go there from western countries might not believe it. They might even erroneously believe they have rights. In any event you won't see it unless there is some illegal you tube successfully gotten out. Then there will be a lot of outrage at the beatings the protesters deservedly received.

What happened when gays protested for a pride parade?

now, in a serious mode.

I am talking personally TO YOU. I don't care about other protesters. I don't especially care about you, either, ;) but I do feel that warning about seriousness of the potential harm is warranted, since we're speaking about the issue.

Russia now is very unpredictable and Putin's authoritarian methods might expand if he'll be advised so and thinks it will help his "strong" image.

It is not the US and even not Europe.

In many ways Russia is very similar to the days of USSR.

The law is mostly for the internal use only, so, theoretically, Putin shouldn't care less about some protesters, but if he feels it as a disrespect to the country - he may crack down on them.

now, in a serious mode.

I am talking personally TO YOU. I don't care about other protesters. I don't especially care about you, either, ;) but I do feel that warning about seriousness of the potential harm is warranted, since we're speaking about the issue.

Russia now is very unpredictable and Putin's authoritarian methods might expand if he'll be advised so and thinks it will help his "strong" image.

The law is mostly for the internal use only, so, theoretically, Putin shouldn't care less about some protesters, but if he feels it as a disrespect to the country - he may crack down on them.

All the more reason to push back...to show that the world will not let this slide like they let what the Nazis were doing slide in 1936.

All the more reason to push back...to show that the world will not let this slide like they let what the Nazis were doing slide in 1936.

boy, aren't you stupid :rolleyes:

go, push.

boy, aren't you stupid :rolleyes:

go, push.

Imagine the same advice given in the U.S. and the U.K. and France, and the Netherlands, and Norway, and all the other countries in 1936.......:eusa_whistle:

"Don't make waves."

As it should be? You'd like to see the U.S. adopt policies like Russia?

She has said so on several occasions. I can imagine her as a member of the German-American Bund in the 1930s in a past life.

Wow...what a piece of....

Work, yeah...that's what I meant to say...what a piece of work.

There were quite a lot of Americans like her in the 1930s. "Don't get involved." "It's not our problem." "We're not fond of Jews anyways." "Hitler has the right idea on how to deal with 'those people'." "Look at was a strong dynamic leader he is." "We don't need to tell such a powerful country how to treat people."

That worked out well.

Seems to me, more people are upset about this than they were when the Olympics were in China, a place were they force abortions and kill their inmates to sell their organs....

I think we need a little perspective. If China is okay, why not Russia?

Forum List

Back