Call to move the Winter Olympics

Why is it liberals are constantly lecturing everyone on respecting Muslims and their customs and yet when it comes to anything that goes against THEIR belief system they melt down?! I come from a background of European heritage with Mother Russia being my ancestral homeland...how about respecting cultures and customs of other nations?? Biatch all you want but don't try to enforce YOUR belief system on to an entire culture of people. Hypocrisy is rolling in it's grave here.

Last edited:
Why is it liberals are constantly lecturing everyone on respecting Muslims and their customs and yet when it comes to anything that goes against THEIR belief system they melt down?! I come from a background of European heritage with Mother Russia being my ancestral homeland...how about respecting cultures and customs of other nations?? Biatch all you want but don't try to enforce YOUR belief system on to an entire culture of people. Hypocrisy is rolling in it's grave here.

Interesting...we liberals are always lectured about how we should be thanking our lucky stars that we don't live in MUSLIM countries where they treat gays horribly.

Well....now it's a Christian country doing it........and we're told to suck it up.

Very very interesting.

Interesting...we liberals are always lectured about how we should be thanking our lucky stars that we don't live in MUSLIM countries where they treat gays horribly.

Well....now it's a Christian country doing it........and we're told to suck it up.

Very very interesting.

russia is not a christian country...

Very very interesting.

Maybe she means white ??

Very very interesting.

Sure is...Russian Orthodox is back.....unless you don't think Russian Orthodox is "Christian".
Christian Resurgence in Russia? Patriarch Kirill Leads Day of Prayer in Moscow - International - Catholic Online

Last edited by a moderator:

Very very interesting.

Sure is...Russian Orthodox is back.....unless you don't think Russian Orthodox is "Christian".

as a national religion ?

Very very interesting.

Russia is NOT a Christian nation.. but that has nothing to do with Russian culture and customs which you don't respect.. the only thing you respect and care about is YOUR belief system.. Screw everyone else. That's not the way it works so get over it Bodey.. I personally don't believe in abortion but I don't demand my belief to be accepted and made law in every country on this planet.. This entire conversation is so over the top ridiculous.

as a national religion ?

No...just like it isn't here.

But it is a Christian country that has just passed some very draconic anti-gay laws....and has joined several Christian African countries in being very anti-gay.

Yet, not much of a peep from the same people who say we should be lucky we don't live in Muslim countries.

Very very interesting.

Russia is NOT a Christian nation.. but that has nothing to do with Russian culture and customs which you don't respect.. the only thing you respect and care about is YOUR belief system.. Screw everyone else. That's not the way it works so get over it Bodey.. I personally don't believe in abortion but I don't demand my belief to be accepted and made law in every country on this planet.. This entire conversation is so over the top ridiculous.

You think it's going to stop with gays, LGS? Where have we seen the use of a minority as scapegoat in the past?

Very very interesting.

You think it's going to stop with gays, LGS? Where have we seen the use of a minority as scapegoat in the past?

Christians suffer harassment in the military now .. and have been forced to blaspheme their own beliefs for your progressive demands of abortion, birth control on demand, etc and you're hear whining about protected freedoms??? SUCKS WHEN IT COMES DOWN YOUR STREET, doesn't it?? Guess what?! It's too damn bad Bodey.. we all warned about this and stated the pendulum would swing both ways eventually but liberals only care about liberals.. they know best for everyone including what to eat, wear, how much money we're allowed to keep from our own paychecks. You didn't care then.. we don't care now. Protest all you want.. other than that, STFU and get over it.

Very very interesting.

LMFAO-----The jews are gonna crucify you for that one :lol::lol::lol:

I say you should go to russia and protest. Bring large bright signs and T-Shirts.

Don't forget to bring extra pot too. I hear russian grass isn't as good as stuff here.

Hell bring some speed too, so that you can stay up longer and protest louder!!
plus:
do not forget to get everybody, who thinks like you, there. I mean EVERYBODY :D

Very very interesting.

To Russia it is. After the breakup of the Soviet Union, the Russian Orthodox Church was restored.

Eisenhower once described Russia as Godless Communists. Now, WE are the Godless communists and the Russians are the Christians.

Religion in Russia

as a national religion ?

But it is a Christian country that has just passed some very draconic anti-gay laws....and has joined several Christian African countries in being very anti-gay.

Yet, not much of a peep from the same people who say we should be lucky we don't live in Muslim countries.

Russia is NOT a Christian nation. It WAS. Before 1917.

Now it is an ATHEIST nation.

only 15-20% are Orthodox. 15% are Muslim 2% - other religions.

and 67% are atheists or non-believers

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook//geos/rs.html

Last edited:
as a national religion ?

Russia is NOT a Christian nation. It WAS. Before 1917.

Now it is an ATHEIST nation.

only 15-20% are Orthodox. 15% are Muslim 2% - other religions.

and 67% are atheists or non-believers

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook//geos/rs.html

Even Putin is a Christian. Russia hasn't been atheist for a number of years.

Religion in Russia Today

With nearly 5,000 religious associations the Russian Orthodox Church accounts for over a half of the total number registered in Russia. Next in numbers come Moslem associations, about 3,000, Baptists, 450, Seventh Day Adventists, 120, Evangelicals, 120, Old Believers, over 200, Roman Catholics, 200, Krishnaites, 68, Buddhists, 80, Judaists, 50, and Unified Evangelical Lutherans, 39.

Many churches and monasteries have been returned to the Church, including the St. Daniel Monastery, the current seat of the Moscow Patriarchate, the spiritual and administrative center of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Some statisticians estimate the percentage of believers at 40 per cent of the entire Russian Federation. Close to 9,000 communities belonging to over forty confessions had been officially registered in the country.

The majority of religious Russians are Christians. The country has over 5,000 Russian Orthodox churches. Many are built anew or under repair on parish and local budgets money.

Among the several more ambitious projects is the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan, erected in Red Square to commemorate the liberation of Moscow by Minin and Pozharsky’s militia, pulled down in 1936, and recently rebuilt from scratch. The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, demolished in 1931, is restored. Patriarch Alexis II described its rebirth as "a sublime act of piety and penitence".

Christianity Made Russia Great World Power ? Putin | Russia | RIA Novosti

MOSCOW, July 25 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.

“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.

Russia's re-embrace of Christianity puts American Christians in an odd place. Should we remain loyal to our own Godless atheists, or align with fellow Christians?

Last edited:

Very very interesting.

To Russia it is. After the breakup of the Soviet Union, the Russian Orthodox Church was restored.

Eisenhower once described Russia as Godless Communists. Now, WE are the Godless communists and the Russians are the Christians.

Religion in Russia

folks who believe are still a minority

Some statisticians estimate the percentage of believers at 40 per cent of the entire Russian Federation

Very very interesting.

Repeating - Russia is NOT a Christian nation.
get over it.

Forum List

Back