Call to move the Winter Olympics

It isn't a world civil rights issue. It is a gay issue not shared by non-gays. However, it is American gays that are protesting the Olympics and want it moved.

Russia is correct. They do not want American putrid corruption spread in their country. This is their right.

It most certainly IS a world civil rights issue...not only are these draconic laws against gay people, they are against anyone who expresses support for gay people, rainbow flags, holding hands in public with someone else of the same sex, etc.

Can you imagine if they did the same against people of a certain religion and their supporters?

sounds like you are seriously wound up over this:eusa_think:..... hold up a a second though, If I may; where were you ( and obama) was silent on Irans punishment of same and their last 2 elections where in those voted into office had/have horrid civil rights records, especially gay rights:eusa_eh:

riiiight, ok then.......

time to replace the batteries on ye olde selective outrage meter then....*yawn*

It most certainly IS a world civil rights issue...not only are these draconic laws against gay people, they are against anyone who expresses support for gay people, rainbow flags, holding hands in public with someone else of the same sex, etc.

Can you imagine if they did the same against people of a certain religion and their supporters?

sounds like you are seriously wound up over this:eusa_think:..... hold up a a second though, If I may; where were you ( and obama) was silent on Irans punishment of same and their last 2 elections where in those voted into office had/have horrid civil rights records, especially gay rights:eusa_eh:

riiiight, ok then.......

Aren't we already boycotting Iran? Aren't there sanctions against them already? Or did I miss the lifting of those sanctions?

You are under the impression that the sanctions against Iran are for their treatment of gay people and NOT their development of nuclear weapons. Really?

Go to Russia, protest and maybe you will be rewarded by being put in the same cell as Pussy Riot.

You are under the impression that the sanctions against Iran are for their treatment of gay people and NOT their development of nuclear weapons. Really?

Go to Russia, protest and maybe you will be rewarded by being put in the same cell as Pussy Riot.

So....how do we "double down" on sanctions when they are already in place, Katzdogz?

riiiight, ok then.......

Aren't we already boycotting Iran? Aren't there sanctions against them already? Or did I miss the lifting of those sanctions?

was that for nukes or their stance on gays?

riiiight, ok then.......

are you sure you're quoting the right poster? :eusa_eh:

riiiight, ok then.......

was that for nukes or their stance on gays?

River Dancing:eusa_hand: malia was an aspiring river dancer, the clerics were like no way, Obama dropped the hammer...

So....how do we "double down" on sanctions when they are already in place, Katzdogz?

There are NO sanctions against Iran for their laws against homosexuality. Nor against any other country that discriminates against homosexuals. Nor should there be.

There are NO sanctions against Iran for their laws against homosexuality. Nor against any other country that discriminates against homosexuals. Nor should there be.

I don't see Iran hosting the Olympics

if the IOC wants to move the olympics, they are free to do so

russia does not have a right to host the olympics

Let's think of it from a practical standpoint.

Are you aware of how much money has been spent for the 2014 Olympics there already? Do you have any idea how much money would be spent if they moved it to a new city? Do you honestly think any other city could be ready considering the Olympics are in less than 6 months? They would have to cancel the games altogether.

Boycott the games if you want. No one forces you to go or watch. But let other people have their freedom to go or watch. Dont punish the athletes because you don't like the laws of Russia. Especially when you actively defend Muslim countries who are far worse.

Let's think of it from a practical standpoint.

Are you aware of how much money has been spent for the 2014 Olympics there already? Do you have any idea how much money would be spent if they moved it to a new city? Do you honestly think any other city could be ready considering the Olympics are in less than 6 months? They would have to cancel the games altogether.

Boycott the games if you want. No one forces you to go or watch. But let other people have their freedom to go or watch. Dont punish the athletes because you don't like the laws of Russia. Especially when you actively defend Muslim countries who are far worse.

I do? When? They're scumbags and always have been.

Forum List

Back