Call to move the Winter Olympics

More and more people and organizations are calling upon the IOC to move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia due to Russia's new laws on Homosexuality.

George Takei petitions: ?Move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia? ? MSNBC

Stephen Fry: Move Olympics from anti-gay Russia | News.com.au

What do you think, considering that there are most likely gay athletes and spectators and Russia has threatened to arrest, detain, then deport anyone who even appears to support gays in any way.

I think Russia can kiss my big round American heterosexual ass and the olypmics be moved elsewhere. The olympics are supposed to be for athletes to compete...with HUGE crowds from everywhere on earth...regardless of sexuality or politics, race or spiritual beliefs. Russia can go suck a big one as far as I am concerned.

No...just like it isn't here.

But it is a Christian country that has just passed some very draconic anti-gay laws....and has joined several Christian African countries in being very anti-gay.

Yet, not much of a peep from the same people who say we should be lucky we don't live in Muslim countries.

Russia is NOT a Christian nation. It WAS. Before 1917.

Now it is an ATHEIST nation.

only 15-20% are Orthodox. 15% are Muslim 2% - other religions.

and 67% are atheists or non-believers

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook//geos/rs.html

Even Putin is a Christian. Russia hasn't been atheist for a number of years.

?

If you really believe that putin ( there is never a former KGB ;) ) IS a real Orthodox, I feel sorry for your naivete.

It is not the first Russian ruler ( tzar or not) who will pretend to be a believer.

Oh, and tzar WAS the head of the ROC, maybe Putin wants one more throne :lol:

More and more people and organizations are calling upon the IOC to move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia due to Russia's new laws on Homosexuality.

What do you think, considering that there are most likely gay athletes and spectators and Russia has threatened to arrest, detain, then deport anyone who even appears to support gays in any way.

I think Russia can kiss my big round American heterosexual ass and the olypmics be moved elsewhere. The olympics are supposed to be for athletes to compete...with HUGE crowds from everywhere on earth...regardless of sexuality or politics, race or spiritual beliefs. Russia can go suck a big one as far as I am concerned.

The Olympics are about money and sponsorship.

folks who believe are still a minority

and from those 40% almost HALF are Muslims.

who, last time I've checked, are NOT Christians.

Russia is the most heavily-hit by soviet era Atheism - all other post-Soviet countries are not even anywhere near in their number of atheists and non-belivers.

That is, most probably, the reason, Russia is #1 in the world on the rate of abortions( 53 per 1000 women of age 15-44, compared to 20 per 1000 women of the same age in hte US and 27 per 1000 in the neighboring Ukraine - also hit by soviet era, but not to the Russian extent)

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_abo-health-abortions

Last edited:

It is NOW. But not in the past. I enjoy watching the sport competitions. I don't give a rats ass what the participants or viewers do in their bedroom and neither should the host country.

What do you think, considering that there are most likely gay athletes and spectators and Russia has threatened to arrest, detain, then deport anyone who even appears to skupport gays in any way.

As far as I know Russia doesn't plan on making their stance on Gays an issue with the Olympics, so your point about the Olympics are supposed to be for athletes is mute.

It is NOW. But not in the past. I enjoy watching the sport competitions. I don't give a rats ass what the participants or viewers do in their bedroom and neither should the host country.

Why does YOUR belief system trump an entire nation's culture?? Get over yourself.

I'm so sick of liberals whining and demanding their way or else whether it's Chick fil A or now an entire country.. Embarrassing infantile bedwetting babies..

What do you think, considering that there are most likely gay athletes and spectators and Russia has threatened to arrest, detain, then deport anyone who even appears to skupport gays in any way.

As far as I know Russia doesn't plan on making their stance on Gays an issue with the Olympics, so your point about the Olympics are supposed to be for athletes is mute.
Moot. Not mute.
Anyway...good. If they will set aside their bigotry so athletes can compete and viewers can spend money there to watch those competitions...then cool. Keep the olympics there. I guess it is all depends on their stance once they HOST a ATHELETIC event and keep their noses out of bedrooms.

I'm so sick of liberals whining and demanding their way or else whether it's Chick fil A or now an entire country.. Embarrassing infantile bedwetting babies..

But that is not even the whole country. Most of the people do not give a damn.

Putin's Russia is an autocracy. Limiting rights have been going there starting from 1999, when Putin was "elected". In a lot of ways Putin's regime turned all 180 degrees back to soviet belief system.

I haven't heard our libtards protesting much when Khodorkovskiy was thrown into prison or other human rights supporters were jailed.

Why does YOUR belief system trump an entire nation's culture?? Get over yourself.

Get over myself? Really? Because I think an athletic event being hosted in a country should mind their own business on peoples sexual preferences? Maybe you should get over your own self. Or find a new trademark comment because this one is getting a tad old.

Get over myself? Really? Because I think an athletic event being hosted in a country should mind their own business on peoples sexual preferences? Maybe you should get over your own self. Or find a new trademark comment because this one is getting a tad old.

LOL Who are you to tell a nation what to think or how to believe because IT'S your own belief system?! It's you who needs to mind your own business and let the fucking athletes just compete without the pissing contest from DRAMA QUEENS to DRAG QUEENS. Take your politics and shove it.. let the rest of us just enjoy the fucking Olympics.. Wow.

An update on my earlier post

I flew to Russia and protested the fact that being nude in public will get people arrested

You may now be nude in public during the Olympics, you simply have to be fully clothed at the time

Putin's Russia is an autocracy. Limiting rights have been going there starting from 1999, when Putin was "elected". In a lot of ways Putin's regime turned all 180 degrees back to soviet belief system.

I haven't heard our libtards protesting much when Khodorkovskiy was thrown into prison or other human rights supporters were jailed.

Exactly.. It doesn't matter Vox..its typical librul my way or the highway, always starting shit.

Exactly.. It doesn't matter Vox..its typical librul my way or the highway, always starting shit.

gay issues were not even started by Russian Olympic Committee. it's the protesters who found the issue of the Olympics to promote their agenda.

You have to come to the conclusion that libruls are miserable people.. they're always up in someone's business.. always telling others what to do- eat- think... even what to drink.

does obama know its the winter olympics?:cool:

my grandma used to smack my hand fir meddling. u people need to get bombed by a fighter jet.

You have to come to the conclusion that libruls are miserable people.. they're always up in someone's business.. always telling others what to do- eat- think... even what to drink.

and they are extremely NOISY :crybaby:

Forum List

Back