Zone1 Calling/accusing other members "groomer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something this board has allowed in the past ( and currently) yet calling it what it is seems to be more offensive. Go figure.
The word used to describe something offends people more than what it describes.

Meanwhile, we are villains, those of us who have experienced something the smug and self-satisfied haven't.

I'm really sorry to hear that and sorry to @Dogmaphobe if you had to go through it too. I changed my informative on the OP to disagree btw. I like the poster, but have always hated this rule. WAY too many people on here who are displaying pedophile behavior.

There is only one active member of this forum that I am almost certain is a pedophile. He'll angrily deny it if you call him on it, but much of what he posts about his views on children and their sexuality seems to make it pretty damn obvious. Normal people just do not think of children in the terms that he uses to describe them.

There are a lot more that I have no direct reason to believe that directly want to engage in sexual behavior with children, but they clearly have much, much, much more sympathy for those who do, than they have for the children that would be thus victimized. And that is the position that has come to pervade the management of this forum, and which is solidly and undeniably reflected in the announcement in the OP of this thread.

Calling someone a "groomer enabler" is the same thing as calling them a groomer. Don't twist it. Don't imply it.

You can question people on their views without accusing.

View attachment 753952

So, if someone is advocating grooming, overtly or covertly, this website will protect them?

So, if someone is advocating grooming, overtly or covertly, this website will protect them?

Yes. That has long appeared to be the de-facto policy on this forum; this thread makes it official.

I know that you used to be one of the moderators here, and wonder of the reason that you no longer are has anything to do with this. You are someone that I cannot imagine being willing to go along with this shit.

Yes. That has long appeared to be the de-facto policy on this forum; this thread makes it official.

I know that you used to be one of the moderators here, and wonder of the reason that you no longer are has anything to do with this. You are someone that I cannot imagine being willing to go along with this shit.
Westwall is an honorable man. I know Oddball is, too.

Honorable people who oppose the sexual exploitation of children have no place here,

It IS one of the reasons I quit.

I am not a victim. I am just a person trying to prevent future victims.

Well then good for you.

There is only one active member of this forum that I am almost certain is a pedophile. He'll angrily deny it if you call him on it, but much of what he posts about his views on children and their sexuality seems to make it pretty damn obvious. Normal people just do not think of children in the terms that he uses to describe them.

There are a lot more that I have no direct reason to believe that directly want to engage in sexual behavior with children, but they clearly have much, much, much more sympathy for those who do, than they have for the children that would be thus victimized. And that is the position that has come to pervade the management of this forum, and which is solidly and undeniably reflected in the announcement in the OP of this thread.

And I know exactly who you're talking about too.

Yep!

Wow, westwall was a mod? I bet that he was a great one.

Honestly, Candycorn, is that the best you can come up with?

Yeah, just a bunch of lies.

I am 68 years old. I grew up in a generation when we didn't talk about certain things. One of the things we didn't talk about was being molested because the mere fact that we were molested brought us such shame and humiliation.

I would like to thank Coyote for the way she has helped me revisit all that shame and humiliation I experienced when I was 11 and for making this the official agenda of USMB.

Once again, thank you.

What if the groomer is a groomer? Has a pet cleaning service, for example? Will the word groomer go the way of the N word too?

Delta was here a LONG LONG time advocating what defines the G word. A LONG time. Either they banned him or he left on his own. I have no clue. Maybe he had a dog to bathe in his dogmobile. Or..was it really a dog?

And just to be the devils advocate..will this new "rule" make you leave usmb and find another home board? And if not, why not? Isn't that enabling if you stay?

Don't get me wrong. I think this thread opened a huge can of worms and voices that count..don't really after all, right?

So...where shall you all go? Or will you continue on here because...well...because.

(you, as in general you)

I am 68 years old. I grew up in a generation when we didn't talk about certain things. One of the things we didn't talk about was being molested because the mere fact that we were molested brought us such shame and humiliation.

I would like to thank Coyote for the way she has helped me revisit all that shame and humiliation I experienced when I was 11 and for making this the official agenda of USMB.

Once again, thank you.

That's what really bothers me. They're about protecting the shame of the pedophiles and not the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back