Can a Christian be a racist?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
I think a Christian can racist and can be a against race mixing. Because if you believe in racial/cultural compatibility and you prefer and think you are happier with a White woman and you do not date blacks or non-Whites it is not really racist. Only if you say blacks are Monkeys and it is animal sex (someone on StormFront) said that it is unchristian and hateful but even some blacks would want to marry another black. Thats not racist. But at the same time it is not a sin to marry another race, and the church should not refuse a Blessing or marriage ceremony for a interracial couple. Some prominent bible figures had a interracial marriage. But gay marriages should not receive a Blessing or take place in a church. Homosexuality is a sin.

I think a Christian can racist and can be a against race mixing. Because if you believe in racial/cultural compatibility and you prefer and think you are happier with a White woman and you do not date blacks or non-Whites it is not really racist. Only if you say blacks are Monkeys and it is animal sex (someone on StormFront) said that it is unchristian and hateful but even some blacks would want to marry another black. Thats not racist. But at the same time it is not a sin to marry another race, and the church should not refuse a Blessing or marriage ceremony for a interracial couple. Some prominent bible figures had a interracial marriage. But gay marriages should not receive a Blessing or take place in a church. Homosexuality is a sin.
You do know the KKK uses cross symbols, right?

And the Devil quoted Scripture. What's your point, other than the one on your head?

And the Devil quoted Scripture. What's your point, other than the one on your head?
What scripture exactly did he quote? The point is, Christians can most certainly be racists. Believing in Jesus is not the same as believing in equality. And, better one's head be pointy and sharp than dull.

You should meet my southern Baptist ex-inlaws.

I'm no biblical scholar, but I've read a lot of the bible and I can recall nothing that Jesus said which led me to believe any man was superior to another based on their heritage.

We are ONE HUMAN RACE, any other point of view is complete ignorance, or designed to divide God's creation for nefarious goals.

I'm no biblical scholar, but I've read a lot of the bible and I can recall nothing that Jesus said which led me to believe any man was superior to another based on their heritage.

We are ONE HUMAN RACE, any other point of view is complete ignorance, or designed to divide God's creation for nefarious goals.

Jesus was sent only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, he told the Syrophoenician woman. And he sent his disciples into Galilee to preach the kingdom only to Israel and to avoid the Gentiles.

I've struggled with this before, and still do at times, so take solace in the Scriptures elsewhere - especially the Pauline missives and Revelation - that the movement spread well beyond Israel.

And then I remember that Jesus came for Israel and planted the church there, and yet he indicates he knew that it would grow.

Still, it lingers in the back of my mind that he placed emphasis on a particular group of people.

Last edited:
Jesus was sent only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, he told his disciples. And he sent them into Galilee to preach the kingdom only to Israel and to avoid the Gentiles.

I've struggled with this before, and still do at times, so take solace in the Scriptures elsewhere - especially the Pauline missives and Revelation - that the movement spread well beyond Israel.

And then I remember that Jesus came for Israel and planted the church there, and yet he indicates he knew that it would grow.

Still, it lingers in the back of my mind that he placed emphasis on a particular group of people.

Well then they disobeyed Him, because they went all over the place, including Rome. For that matter, who are "the lost sheep" of Israel? I'm pretty sure you don't have to have Abraham's DNA in order to have a soul that God values....

or that lucifer wants to drag to hell.

Now I can say I don't take the bible in a lot of esteem. It was still written by PEOPLE, hence it's possibly corrupted at some key points. For instance I don't believe at all that Jesus implied we have to be obedient to all governments because they're God's will if they're in power. I can't recall the verse, but a minister recited it when we were discussing being loyal to a government when it kills it's own people. My sense or Right V. Wrong "Trumps" any religious dogma when it comes to harming the innocent, or for that matter even the guilty. It's not by business to judge and I'm not going to gamble with my soul.

What cult are you in?

yes--what's the point?
they are also murderers/rapists/robbers/etc
???!
There's a church in every neighborhood.

You must live in utter fear.
hahahahahahah
???!!!!!!!!!?????????
what??
are you saying christians do not murder/rape/rob?
a WHOLE bunch of christians pillaged/robbed a WHOLE town for -------------$$$$$$
Siege of Zara - Wikipedia
many, many priests have raped CHILDREN--and then the hierarchy tries to cover it up
Inquisition:
https://www.history.com/topics/religion/inquisition

Jesus was sent only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, he told his disciples. And he sent them into Galilee to preach the kingdom only to Israel and to avoid the Gentiles.

Well then they disobeyed Him, because they went all over the place, including Rome. For that matter, who are "the lost sheep" of Israel? I'm pretty sure you don't have to have Abraham's DNA in order to have a soul that God values....

or that lucifer wants to drag to hell.

Now I can say I don't take the bible in a lot of esteem. It was still written by PEOPLE, hence it's possibly corrupted at some key points. For instance I don't believe at all that Jesus implied we have to be obedient to all governments because they're God's will if they're in power. I can't recall the verse, but a minister recited it when we were discussing being loyal to a government when it kills it's own people. My sense or Right V. Wrong "Trumps" any religious dogma when it comes to harming the innocent, or for that matter even the guilty. It's not by business to judge and I'm not going to gamble with my soul.

If DNA and heritage were of no consequence, Jesus would have had no reason to tell his disciples to avoid the Gentiles and Samaritans (Mt 10:5).

Jesus established his kingdom in Israel, or planted the seeds of the church there. What would become of it after his crucifixion remained for later generations to see.

Truly, truly I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. (Jn 12:24).​

And, as he seemed to know, would vindicate his death.

Israel held a place of fondness in Jesus' heart, which helps to explain his perturbation at the abuses of the temple hierarchy.

yes--what's the point?
???!

hahahahahahah
???!!!!!!!!!?????????
what??
a WHOLE bunch of christians pillaged/robbed a WHOLE town for -------------$$$$$$
many, many priests have raped CHILDREN--and then the hierarchy tries to cover it up
Inquisition:
Christians! Christians everywhere!

Run and hide!

yes--what's the point?
???!

hahahahahahah
???!!!!!!!!!?????????
what??
Inquisition:

Run and hide!
of course you can't refute any of my facts --you just babble crap--like the bible does

They may, or may not, be racists ... but I still wouldn't want my sister to marry one.

yes--what's the point?
???!

hahahahahahah
???!!!!!!!!!?????????
what??
Inquisition:

Run and hide!
of course you can't refute any of my facts --you just babble crap--like the bible does
There's probably one just a couple doors down from you.

Forum List

Back