Can a law that "helps" millions of people be a bad law?

^ This could be remedied by creating a system of proportional representation and taxation. Taxpayers, Parties and States can set up an interface, such as through their party precincts or electoral districts, to review the bills and budgets and register their approval to pay, which is tallied by percentages.
This is a great idea!
Can you direct me to an example of this in any form?

I do not care if it is only in a theoretical state of advancement. I want to see how the system is written for it to work. If you own the rights to it - that is fine - I will pay just to see it.

I do not need the directions to this part, yet.
So if Democrats want to fund health care and defund the death penalty, and Conservatives want to fund border security and benefits for Veterans, they can vote on where to allocate their taxes, credits or deductions. If votes are partisan, it affects those taxpayers who consent to fund those policies.

Is that the test of a good law? If one can say that "millions will be helped," is that the end of the discussion?

What if Congress passes a law that provides a $12k/year stipend ($1,000, tax free per month) to people who are Left-Handed, to compensate them for the difficulties that they encounter in daily life?

The law would benefit about one-seventh of the population - fifty million people - and it has the added benefit of treating all people equitably. POC's, women, and the sexually irregular, all treated equitably under this law.

Is it a "good" law? It stimulates the economy, treats people fairly, and has fifty million beneficiaries.

No. It's a horrible law. It is unconstitutional, wasteful, an undue burden on 85% of the population, and UNFAIR.

The perversely named Covid Relief law is the same thing. It benefits a lot of people who are suffering as a result of the COVID SHUTDOWNS (not the pandemic), which is government imposed, but it benefits tens of millions, at government expense, for no rational reason. Bill & Melinda Gates will get a check (figuratively speaking) for $2,800, at YOUR expense.

Really, if anyone out there wants to defend this legislative Leftist abomination, don't say that it benefits a lot of people. That means nothing. Is it Constitutional? Is it rational? Is it reasonably related to the "crisis" at hand? Is it fiscally tenable? THOSE are the questions that must be answered affirmatively if this is to be considered a "good" law.

And of course, they are all answered truthfully in the negative.
That post was a joke right?

Forum List

Back