Can Anybody Stop the Health-Nazi's?

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Oh, for gosh sakes!

Millions dead from smoking! Hundreds of thousands from not using a seat belt! 25,000 from sugary drinks! Thousands upon thousands from obesity! Who knows how many from trans-fats!

Now...it's 2.3 million from.....SALT?

Where in the hell does this end? How many other "unhealthy" things will their "research" reveal as justification for the government reaching farther and farther into your personal lives?

And, if you think this is a left/right, conservative/liberal issue you're dead wrong. BOTH sides are after our freedom of choice and it will take ALL OF US, working together, to stop this insanity before we all have government health advisors living with us.

Salt responsible for 2.3 million deaths worldwide, study suggests | Fox News

547461_3717843797813_1717483989_n.jpg

Oh, for gosh sakes!

Millions dead from smoking! Hundreds of thousands from not using a seat belt! 25,000 from sugary drinks! Thousands upon thousands from obesity! Who knows how many from trans-fats!

Where in the hell does this end? How many other "unhealthy" things will their "research" reveal as justification for the government reaching farther and farther into your personal lives?

And, if you think this is a left/right, conservative/liberal issue you're dead wrong. BOTH sides are after our freedom of choice and it will take ALL OF US, working together, to stop this insanity before we all have government health advisors living with us.

Stop voting for them and anyone that would put them into positions of authority.
How's that?

There is no end to those who would bedevil you for your own good. There never has been.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
-- C.S. Lewis

You see, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener". Edgar Friendly - The Demolition Man

Oh, for gosh sakes!

For once I agree with you

I predict a huge electoral backlash against Obamacare in 2014 as its effects are fully realized. That is the principle reason for the current attempt to marginalize the GOP in hopes of blunting this outcome.

Oh, for gosh sakes!

For once I agree with you

He's getting what he voted for time for him to pay for his fuck up.

I predict a huge electoral backlash against Obamacare in 2014 as its effects are fully realized. That is the principle reason for the current attempt to marginalize the GOP in hopes of blunting this outcome.

The GOP? They're still working on hating everyone OUT of their dying party. I'm not sure they'll be around next year. Just keep pumping Fox News and letting wackos like Michelle Bachman and Ann Coulter being their spokesmen.

Oh, for gosh sakes!

I agree..If I had to eat healthy everyday I would blow my brains out...provided I could pass a background check.

The GOP? They're still working on hating everyone OUT of their dying party. I'm not sure they'll be around next year. Just keep pumping Fox News and letting wackos like Michelle Bachman and Ann Coulter being their spokesmen.

the only people who believe your lying shit are low information voters.

Sooner or later the blame republican shit will no longer work the longer democrats push their agenda to worse it will get, if things don't get better democrats are dead, because the low information voter will be looking for blood when they finally have had enough..

You really think voting for criminals in the other wing of the same party will help? And YOU have the nerve to call someone "low information?" Fuck you.

You really think voting for criminals in the other wing of the same party will help? And YOU have the nerve to call someone "low information?" Fuck you.

Dude we can go back a forth about voting for criminals in each party that is a useless argument. let's go with failed policy.

Dude we can go back a forth about voting for criminals in each party that is a useless argument. let's go with failed policy.

No it's not - not while people continue to vote for either and think it makes a difference.

No it's not - not while people continue to vote for either and think it makes a difference.

I think anyone who goes against their oath to protect and defend the constitution are criminals no matter what their party is.

I think anyone who goes against their oath to protect and defend the constitution are criminals no matter what their party is.

Which by definition makes all of our politicians - every last goddamned one of them - criminals and traitors, for they are all sellouts.

Which by definition makes all of our politicians - every last goddamned one of them - criminals and traitors, for they are all sellouts.

yes they are so what do we do about it?
complain on a discussion board.
or
keep talking to those low information voters show them how much they have been lied too.

yes they are so what do we do about it?
complain on a discussion board.
or
keep talking to those low information voters show them how much they have been lied too.

The good news is that both parties are, totals combined, in the MINORITY of American voters, and really only about 10% in each are the "die hards" who will never leave. If this trend continues and people get the balls to hit the streets for real, there's a chance. The numbers are there, but I'm not hopeful about the will power to really invoke change. Everytime it does happen, the establishment demonizes it, like Occupy as a recent example.

Forum List

Back