Can anyone answer this question: Does presidential immunity end when he/she leaves office?

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024

Here is info on the NY case against Trump (which means: Against America since the case is BS and being used for election interference)

But I haven't heard anywhere that the immunity given presidents does or does not last after he leaves office. I know it doesn't last for all alleged "crimes" but... well, anyway, if anyone knows..
No .. it's like filing a claim. It's based on the event date and time. If you switch healthcare companies during your employment and file a claim, having a different healthcare payor doesn't change the outcome.

No .. it's like filing a claim. It's based on the event date and time. If you switch healthcare companies during your employment and file a claim, having a different healthcare payor doesn't change the outcome.
I understood you until that last sentence. But I get the gist of it. :)

A president is immune to any and all acts taken in his capacity as president as a consequence of his authority as president, no matter what imbecilic democrats have to say.

I understood you until that last sentence. But I get the gist of it. :)
If you file a claim for .. oh .. heart surgery and then switch healthcare companies, the healthcare claim is still the liability of the healthcare provider at the time of service. Just like replacing a roof or having a car accident. The new provider isn't liable for the claim.

A president is immune to any and all acts taken in his capacity as president as a consequence of his authority as president, no matter what imbecilic democrats have to say.
The thing is, Trump disputed the election results AFTER he allegedly lost the 2020 election. But even if he didn't have immunity.. (he was still the acting president, though), doesn't even a regular citizen have the right to question elections?

Scary because I thought in America that was the case

another one of those "that's what I get for thinking" things.. ?

If you file a claim for .. oh .. heart surgery and then switch healthcare companies, the healthcare claim is still the liability of the healthcare provider at the time of service. Just like replacing a roof or having a car accident. The new provider isn't liable for the claim.
OK, thanks. . I thought that's what u meant

It depends.

If the president in question is a Republican, then the SC says immunity is permanent and everlasting and all-encompassing.

If the president in question is a Democrat, then the SC says no immunity exists at all.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
The thing is, Trump disputed the election results AFTER he allegedly lost the 2020 election. But even if he didn't have immunity.. (he was still the acting president, though), doesn't even a regular citizen have the right to question elections?

Scary because I thought in America that was the case

another one of those "that's what I get for thinking" things.. ?
Questioning the election is not within the course and scope of presidential actions. Neither is questioning the election illegal. Questioning the election is not one of the charges imbecilic democrats are bringing.

When Trump said "Peacefully and Patriotically make your voices heard" the imbeciles are tring to say that was calling for the overthrow of the government.

Questioning the election is not within the course and scope of presidential actions. Neither is questioning the election illegal. Questioning the election is not one of the charges imbecilic democrats are bringing.

When Trump said "Peacefully and Patriotically make your voices heard" the imbeciles are tring to say that was calling for the overthrow of the government.
Yeh, I knew that was ONE of the charges, but aren't there about 10 charges LOL? And who can keep up with all of them?

Those dimtards.. no wonder they want to abolish, essentially, the supreme court or take it over like they did the WH.. They know no one believes their idiotic, election-interfering lawfare (except really dumb people)

Here is info on the NY case against Trump (which means: Against America since the case is BS and being used for election interference)

But I haven't heard anywhere that the immunity given presidents does or does not last after he leaves office. I know it doesn't last for all alleged "crimes" but... well, anyway, if anyone knows..
The immunity covers things while the president was in office and extends forever for those things while the president was in office. It does not cover things that happened after a president leaves office.

Those 5 seconds of his speech were not, the other 3555 seconds of his speech ...were.

The immunity covers things while the president was in office and extends forever for those things while the president was in office. It does not cover things that happened after a president leaves office.
well, I knew it didn't cover things that happened, but was wondering about a case where maybe the president was addressing some of the things that occurred while he was there.. I don't know, it just seems like

Ok-- it does not seem like, it IS this:

the Dim presidents and other high office Dims always get a pass after they leave office.. think Benghazi.. think 33,000 emails deleted, destroying subpoenaed Classified material! B Clinton lied to Congress.

But Trump..to hear the dims tell, he can't even say his own name right..

Forum List

Back