🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Can anyone really argue Gary Johnson is not the best candidate on the ballot?

What is Centrist/Centrism
Centrists don't have party lines. Centrists believe that solutions are more important than bias. While there is no set rule for what a Centrist is, there are some generally accepted guidelines that seem to depict the Centrist mode of thought. Centrism is a political ideology based on reason and pragmatism considerate of short and long term thinking - Centrism is not defined by compromise or moderation, it is considerate of them. Centrism is about achieving common sense solutions that appropriately address current and future needs; support the public trust; and serve the common good with consideration of risk and capacity in context of these needs.
Modern definitions sometimes conflate Centrism with moderation but the Centrist Party tenets generally oppose moderate views. Let's just call moderates 'moderates' and Centrists 'Centrist'.

Salient points about Centrism from the CP perspective:

• Centrism is not about doing what is popular, it is about doing what is right.
  • Centrism is not moderate but rather supports strength, tradition, open mindedness and policy based on evidence not ideology.
  • Centrism is not about compromise but rather allows for it as reasonable.
Centrists are independent thinkers. They gauge situations based on context and reason, consideration and probability. They are open minded and exercise conviction. Willing to fight for reason as opposed to ideology.

1. Ideology limits the capacity of reasoning
  2. Centrist conviction is not limited by ideology
  3. Reasoning is based on pragmatic reality and circumstance.
Centrism is not a belief. It is an open book to an unfolding situation. This does not mean it is moderate, but that it is considerate of changing circumstances that may require reconsideration based on the intelligence available, and reason itself.

• Centrists are independent.
  • Centrists argue based on reason and context to define relevance of a given point.
  • Centrists tend to be pragmatic and avoid extremes whenever possible. Of course an extreme may be a required action so luckily Centrists tend to exercise reason in application.
  • Centrists tend to dislike special interest influence and unfair practices. They don’t appreciate spin from candidates or news organizations.
  • Centrists tend to believe that if we dealt with the facts and concentrated on working together we could fix a lot more problems than two polar opposite parties constantly embattled in their own agendas and ideologies.
  • Centrists seek accountability in governance.
  • Honor & Integrity - Centrists tend to believe that political spin erodes the integrity of the vote and certainly that of the politician.
Candidates
  • To honor the electorate candidates should be motivated by the strength of their reasoning and the wisdom to know that convictions are merely perspectives based on current understanding and circumstance; and that learning is key to future solutions.
  • Honor in intention: means not just being honest, but to be honorable. Not just saying "I did" or "did not" say "that" but "I mean "this" or "that". America is tired of being misled by politicians that handily word craft their way in and out of positions and rely on popularity polls to figure out what they need to say next, in order to pander to some special interest, or get more votes.
What Centrists Are Not
  • Centrists are not moderate.
Moderation has more in kind with compromise than working toward the best solution. The reality of modern politics is that compromise is the status quo. This leads to policy that is not based on pragmatism but rather on the needs of compromised points of view.

The goal is not compromise, but rather pragmatism based on reasonable considerations, short and long-term. In other words, decisions and policies based on the best answer, not the compromise between two flawed perspectives that are ideologically opposed.

When necessary, compromise, but fight for reason and present the case to bring others closer to the most pragmatic solution or policy.

Document

Read about what a centrist is, and then maybe you can have a better understanding of what centrism is and what we stand for. You obviously have a very poor understanding of libertarians and centrists.

I've taken the test twice within the last few months.

No, you haven't. Stop lying.

Why would I lie? Lol. What a moron. I think I would know better than you. IF you want to go through my posts, it's there. I also started a thread about it on another forum, douchebag.

No, you didn't. Stop lying.

No? I didn't? How do you know? Can you prove that?

You are quite possibly one of the most confused individuals I've ever come across. First, you haven't got the slightest idea of what your candidate of choice even voted for as a 43 year old fully grown adult. Then you said that you're a "centrist" while defending libertarianism and Gary Johnson as if you've been a lifelong libertarian. Then you said that there really is no "centrist party," but then linked to the official Centrist Party homepage. Now, you're lying about taking the political test twice within the past few months. (Why the hell would you take it twice within such a short timeframe?)

You are not only extremely confused, you are incredibly dishonest.

Lol. I am a centrist. I'm defending my chosen candidate, Gary Johnson. Has nothing to do with parties as centrists do not care about your silly party politics.

I took the test on two different forums, you idiot. Lol.

Read about what a centrist is, and then maybe you can have a better understanding of what centrism is and what we stand for. You obviously have a very poor understanding of libertarians and centrists.

Why would I lie? Lol. What a moron. I think I would know better than you. IF you want to go through my posts, it's there. I also started a thread about it on another forum, douchebag.

You are quite possibly one of the most confused individuals I've ever come across. First, you haven't got the slightest idea of what your candidate of choice even voted for as a 43 year old fully grown adult. Then you said that you're a "centrist" while defending libertarianism and Gary Johnson as if you've been a lifelong libertarian. Then you said that there really is no "centrist party," but then linked to the official Centrist Party homepage. Now, you're lying about taking the political test twice within the past few months. (Why the hell would you take it twice within such a short timeframe?)

Prove that I am dishonest. Making allegations such as that with no evidence? :D Too funny. You are like a bad joke.

I think that the problem here is, you don't know what a centrist is. :D Lol. Of course, you being wrong makes you angry and you don't want to admit that you're wrong, so you will accuse ME of lying about myself. For what reason would I lie about such things? Are you insane or something? Lol.

God, at first I thought you had a modicum of intelligence, unlike the other hacks around here. Now, I see that you are just another hack who doesn't understand anything!

That's what I thought. You've got nothing. Jack shit. Just like all the other sociopaths. How surprising.

Know a lot of sociopaths do you? Well, birds of a feather. :D

Why not just admit that you have been wrong and proven wrong about just about everything you've posted here on this thread? All you've done is act like an asshole. Probably because you are just an asshole. :ahole-1:

Yes, they tend to flock to sites like this.

Funny that now you're calling me an asshole. Running out of facts now? Don't worry toots, you haven't seen anything yet.

God, at first I thought you had a modicum of intelligence, unlike the other hacks around here. Now, I see that you are just another hack who doesn't understand anything!

That's what I thought. You've got nothing. Jack shit. Just like all the other sociopaths. How surprising.

Why not just admit that you have been wrong and proven wrong about just about everything you've posted here on this thread? All you've done is act like an asshole. Probably because you are just an asshole. :ahole-1:

Funny that now you're calling me an asshole. Running out of facts now? Don't worry toots, you haven't seen anything yet.

You would know best! :lol:

You are an asshole. That much is obvious. Lol.

Sorry, but I have yet to see any facts from you. Some vague and unfounded accusations is all. :D

I think that the problem here is, you don't know what a centrist is. :D Lol. Of course, you being wrong makes you angry and you don't want to admit that you're wrong, so you will accuse ME of lying about myself. For what reason would I lie about such things? Are you insane or something? Lol.

The real problem is that you yourself don't even know what a centrist is. You didn't even know there was a centrist party until you googled it just now and discovered that there was one. What the hell is wrong with you? How can you claim to be a Centrist, yet also say there isn't a centrist party?

You are just so, so confused. I almost feel sorry for you.

So, let's clear this up. What is it you think I'm lying about and why on earth would I lie about such a thing.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson, and I'm a centrist. Sorry if you find that very upsetting. :D Lol.

The real problem is that you yourself don't even know what a centrist is. You didn't even know there was a centrist party until you googled it just now and discovered that there was one. What the hell is wrong with you? How can you claim to be a Centrist, yet also say there isn't a centrist party?

Of course I know what it is. I'm a centrist and have been for a very long time now. :) There is no "centrist party" you fool.

Of course I know what it is. I'm a centrist and have been for a very long time now. :) There is no "centrist party" you fool.

They're trying to get it going. I'm sure you'll be first to sign up.

Their about page is the lamest, most vague description of wishy washy, half-assed, fence sitting bullshit I've ever read. No wonder you consider yourself one and have for "a very long time." What's it like living life in a perpetual state of undecidedness?

Their about page is the lamest, most vague description of wishy washy, half-assed, fence sitting bullshit I've ever read. No wonder you consider yourself one and have for "a very long time." What's it like living life in a perpetual state of undecidedness?

Again, you don't know anything about being a centrist. :D Hack.

I don't know why everyone isn't a centrist. It's the only thing that makes sense! :)

Who disagrees with this?

• Centrists argue based on reason and context to define relevance of a given point.
  • Centrists tend to be pragmatic and avoid extremes whenever possible. Of course an extreme may be a required action so luckily Centrists tend to exercise reason in application.
  • Centrists tend to dislike special interest influence and unfair practices. They don’t appreciate spin from candidates or news organizations.
  • Centrists tend to believe that if we dealt with the facts and concentrated on working together we could fix a lot more problems than two polar opposite parties constantly embattled in their own agendas and ideologies.
  • Honor & Integrity - Centrists tend to believe that political spin erodes the integrity of the vote and certainly that of the politician.

You're lying about voting for Stein. You are really voting for Hillary. Lol. :D THAT is how ridiculous YOU are.

Old clown party is the party you should be following. Lol. :)

I don't know why everyone isn't a centrist. It's the only thing that makes sense! :)

Who disagrees with this?

They're not saying anything.

Based on "reason" and context, lol, well that rules you out.

Who likes special interest influence? This is just obvious stuff that everyone can agree with.

"Honor & Integrity." lol, just empty words that everyone already agrees with. This is the future party of "nothingness." It's like joining the void.

Old clown party is the party you should be following. Lol. :)

Good one? Was this an attempt at displaying your amazing sense of humor?

You're lying about voting for Stein. You are really voting for Hillary. Lol. :D THAT is how ridiculous YOU are.

Nope. Stein has my vote as I've decided not to vote for the lesser evil in this election, and instead vote purely on the candidate that matches my values the closest.

Who disagrees with this?

They're not saying anything.

Based on "reason" and context, lol, well that rules you out.

Who likes special interest influence? This is just obvious stuff that everyone can agree with.

"Honor & Integrity." lol, just empty words that everyone already agrees with. This is the future party of "nothingness." It's like joining the void.

Everything they say makes good sense, and they don't follow any parties. :D This just proves that you don't know what a centrist is even AFTER it has been explained. Good god. Stupid.

Forum List

Back