Can anyone tell me about Politics....

Neither political party is right or wrong on all their issues. If you can't see that you are deluding yourself. The system is fundamentally sick and broken, and there are other more productive and satisfying ways in which you can contribute to society.
:clap2:
Yep. Politicians, partisans, politicos and pundits are a net negative to this country, and they're becoming more so every day. They're a cancer, and worse, their poisonous behaviors are metastasizing throughout the culture.

Politics at a state and local level can still maintain some integrity and dignity. But on a national level, this has become a self-inflicted disaster, a bad joke.

Last edited:
In Connecticut it is bad. Totally racist. Which is why there are so many TDS politicians who represent blacks, browns and jews but not whitey.

There are places government is needed and places where government is not. Police, fire, road maintenance, benefits all taxpayers either directly or indirectly. Free college and daycare does not. It only benefits the individual.

Also our Constitution allows cities, counties and states to run their own governments. So if they want to provide police, fire and city services, the federal government has no business in that.

If working moms can't take care of their children, then they should have never had children in the first place. Government taking care of individuals children is promoting irresponsibility and burdening the taxpayer at the same time.

Food stamps? How many links would you like me to provide where Republican states instituted requirements to get food stamps, and people dropped out of the program? Food stamps is vote buying less than necessity.
Again, it’s about the kid. I don’t see how that is hard to understand. Sure the mom shouldn’t have had the kid, but are we supposed to basically say “fuck you” to that kid and not do what is needed for them because the mom fucked up. It also doesn’t make any goddamn sense for a woman to be more incentivized to have kids knowing she would get public daycare out of it.

Requirements like what? Drug testing? Statistically that policy doesn’t make any sense because there is no correlation between drug use and SNAP. The program sure as Hell isnt vote buying because very few people even qualify for it. You do know that right?

Well take Maine for instance. They instituted a policy for food stamp recipients with no dependents to participate in one of three things: Have a job where you work at least 20 hours a week; volunteer at least 20 hours a month, or be enrolled in a vocational program so you are getting training for work.

Most of those hungry people decided to go without food. Imagine that!

I believe that any person not able to take care of their children should have them removed by the government. Too often people have kids knowing taxpayers will foot the bill. If we take those kids and put them up for adoption, you'd see how fast that activity would be reduced.
Okay, most able-bodied people on food stamps have a job in the first place so i highly doubt people skirted this. If you are unemployed and not a dependent, going on food stamps instead of having a job doesn’t make any economic sense.

Lol wow could you be more fascist? Now you do realize that if the government did this, that kid would still need to be taken care of right? That would end up being an overall much higher cost to tax payers because that kid would need food, housing and someone paid to take care of them. More importantly, the kid’s quality of life is more at risk if they aren’t raised by their biological parents. You should also consider the circumstances of why this single mom can’t support a kid. Did she get laid off? Did she become ill? Did kid’s father abruptly leave? Are you actually suggesting such a mother should be punished by having her kids taken away? That’s batshit crazy. Have some basic empathy dude.

Yes, because women having kids for the specific purpose of staying on the dole has worked out so well.

Do you really think you can fix a problem by pandering to it?

You have to start somewhere. If it were up to me, nobody applying for welfare would receive a dime until they were fixed first. That includes males as well as females. No more having kids while on welfare. That's where I would start.

The point is, you have to take away the incentive of being irresponsible and getting rewarded if you are. If you really care about kids, you'd want to stop future kids from being born into poverty by a welfare queen. As for food stamps, yes, many of them are working, but only enough hours to stay on the program. Trust me, some of our customers use temp services. When they ask the temps if they could work extra hours, most of them refuse. Why? Because it's like working for free to them since any additional income gets deducted from their stipend.
Lol man you and I have argued this specific point for years now on this board. I mean this goes back several times to at least a couple of years. Women do not have kids in order to get welfare. That economically does not make any goddamn sense. Their kid would get like $150 per month in food stamps. That’s it. You do know that the monthly cost of raising a kid is far more than that right? The overall cost itself of raising a kid til 18 is astronomical when you factor in other costs that don’t accumulate on a monthly basis but over the years. Also, that kid does eat, right? Therefore it stands to reason that $150 per month is spent on the kid’s food. How do we know this? Because the single mother would have to be dirt poor to even qualify for food stamps.

The problem is that you’re making welfare into this epidemic when you aren’t even paying attention the facts. Food stamps per year cost like 60 billion which is a fraction of the overall welfare budget that includes SS, Medicare, and Medicaid and other small programs in comparison like Section 8 or TANF. It’s not that people wouldn’t want to game the system if they had the chance, it’s that economically it really isn’t possible for most of the people on food stamps to attempt.

Food stamps is just one program they use. Trust me, they use others as well. Why is it when I'm grocery shopping, the people who don't use any government assistance usually have one or two children with them, but the people on food stamps usually have three to five?

Take the HUD people next door. Typical ghetto, home all day, four kids, yet thanks to government, they live in the suburbs next door to me. The more kids you have, the larger home you need. The larger home you need, the more money you get from HUD, and thats's how the government destroys neighborhoods and discourages getting ahead.

Now it's one thing that they are garbage, but as long as it's my tax dollars supporting them, you would think they'd have the curtesy to let me sleep at night so I can get up in the morning and create taxes for them to live on. No dice. They are coming home all hours of the night, laughing and talking loud, slamming their car doors, probably drunk or high, and setting their ten dollar car alarms so nobody steals one of their four $300.00 cars.

Then their children will grow up doing the same because there is no way children can get ample sleep enough to concentrate in school with parents and visitors up all morning in the house.

Politics is not taken seriously by the vast majority of the population. Most people laugh at it now. Most people vote then don't care. Can we blame them?

Anyone really think the OP is that uninformed?

Really?

If that person is serious go READ ya friggin moron.

But I suspect you are trying to make some point and stir up some shit

Global politics in a nutshell;
Click on image to enlarge if you can.
bilderberg%20group_1.jpg

And wecome to USMB. :beer:
A picture is worth a thousand words. This is a hell of a graphic.

What free shit? Free healthcare coverage, free food, free housing, free daycare centers, free cell phones, and now the Democrat runners for President want even more free shit like free college and free healthcare for every single American and illegal in this country.
I think I recall one or two continuing to push for UBI. Was it Andrew Yang?

Yeah, though, pretty much the entire "leftist" platform is stealing more property from people and giving it to others. Hilariously, the Economic Calculation Problem means that they're giving out less than they stole.

Well that's one issue I think needs some serious consideration IF UBI replaces all social programs. I think I could be more willing to accept that.
Why settle for some theft/extortion when you can opt for none? The Mafia can't steal from you if you work around it.
Wake up kid! Taxes are not theft or extortion and the government is not the mafia!

Making hyperbolic comparisons like this just makes you look silly.
Except it's not hyperbolic at all. The Government tells you how to live your life and sends hirelings after you if you don't follow their opinions written on paper.

They steal your property, and will send Road Pirates after you if you refuse. It's literally theft.

Saying that it isn't theft is inherently inconsistent, it means the Government can use force to take your property, but others can't. It's Special Pleading.
To an extent. I think that this statement is over used though as it really does not capture the whole picture. The government, by definition, has cornered the market on force but it is not entirely the same as the mafia.

The difference is in the manner that force is being used. With government, we all have a part to play and the government has legitimate charges. Essentially, stating taxation is theft is the same thing as stating murder and killing are the same. Both are violent acts but one is justified and the other is not.

Again, it’s about the kid. I don’t see how that is hard to understand. Sure the mom shouldn’t have had the kid, but are we supposed to basically say “fuck you” to that kid and not do what is needed for them because the mom fucked up. It also doesn’t make any goddamn sense for a woman to be more incentivized to have kids knowing she would get public daycare out of it.

Requirements like what? Drug testing? Statistically that policy doesn’t make any sense because there is no correlation between drug use and SNAP. The program sure as Hell isnt vote buying because very few people even qualify for it. You do know that right?

Well take Maine for instance. They instituted a policy for food stamp recipients with no dependents to participate in one of three things: Have a job where you work at least 20 hours a week; volunteer at least 20 hours a month, or be enrolled in a vocational program so you are getting training for work.

I believe that any person not able to take care of their children should have them removed by the government. Too often people have kids knowing taxpayers will foot the bill. If we take those kids and put them up for adoption, you'd see how fast that activity would be reduced.
Okay, most able-bodied people on food stamps have a job in the first place so i highly doubt people skirted this. If you are unemployed and not a dependent, going on food stamps instead of having a job doesn’t make any economic sense.

Lol wow could you be more fascist? Now you do realize that if the government did this, that kid would still need to be taken care of right? That would end up being an overall much higher cost to tax payers because that kid would need food, housing and someone paid to take care of them. More importantly, the kid’s quality of life is more at risk if they aren’t raised by their biological parents. You should also consider the circumstances of why this single mom can’t support a kid. Did she get laid off? Did she become ill? Did kid’s father abruptly leave? Are you actually suggesting such a mother should be punished by having her kids taken away? That’s batshit crazy. Have some basic empathy dude.

Yes, because women having kids for the specific purpose of staying on the dole has worked out so well.

You have to start somewhere. If it were up to me, nobody applying for welfare would receive a dime until they were fixed first. That includes males as well as females. No more having kids while on welfare. That's where I would start.

The point is, you have to take away the incentive of being irresponsible and getting rewarded if you are. If you really care about kids, you'd want to stop future kids from being born into poverty by a welfare queen. As for food stamps, yes, many of them are working, but only enough hours to stay on the program. Trust me, some of our customers use temp services. When they ask the temps if they could work extra hours, most of them refuse. Why? Because it's like working for free to them since any additional income gets deducted from their stipend.
Lol man you and I have argued this specific point for years now on this board. I mean this goes back several times to at least a couple of years. Women do not have kids in order to get welfare. That economically does not make any goddamn sense. Their kid would get like $150 per month in food stamps. That’s it. You do know that the monthly cost of raising a kid is far more than that right? The overall cost itself of raising a kid til 18 is astronomical when you factor in other costs that don’t accumulate on a monthly basis but over the years. Also, that kid does eat, right? Therefore it stands to reason that $150 per month is spent on the kid’s food. How do we know this? Because the single mother would have to be dirt poor to even qualify for food stamps.

The problem is that you’re making welfare into this epidemic when you aren’t even paying attention the facts. Food stamps per year cost like 60 billion which is a fraction of the overall welfare budget that includes SS, Medicare, and Medicaid and other small programs in comparison like Section 8 or TANF. It’s not that people wouldn’t want to game the system if they had the chance, it’s that economically it really isn’t possible for most of the people on food stamps to attempt.

Food stamps is just one program they use. Trust me, they use others as well. Why is it when I'm grocery shopping, the people who don't use any government assistance usually have one or two children with them, but the people on food stamps usually have three to five?

Take the HUD people next door. Typical ghetto, home all day, four kids, yet thanks to government, they live in the suburbs next door to me. The more kids you have, the larger home you need. The larger home you need, the more money you get from HUD, and thats's how the government destroys neighborhoods and discourages getting ahead.

Now it's one thing that they are garbage, but as long as it's my tax dollars supporting them, you would think they'd have the curtesy to let me sleep at night so I can get up in the morning and create taxes for them to live on. No dice. They are coming home all hours of the night, laughing and talking loud, slamming their car doors, probably drunk or high, and setting their ten dollar car alarms so nobody steals one of their four $300.00 cars.

Then their children will grow up doing the same because there is no way children can get ample sleep enough to concentrate in school with parents and visitors up all morning in the house.
Minimum food stamp benefit is only $16 a month. Many people don't realize that benefits are steeply graduated as income increases. This is one of the reasons you often see people at the grocery store using both a SNAP card and a credit card.

Nor do most realize that 80% of those that receive foods stamps have jobs and half of food stamp benefits go to children.

Last edited:

Other programs? Like what? Maybe they are on TANF but that is also peanuts and is only temporary. They couldn’t be on much of anything else because if their total assets are too high, they are lucky if they qualify for both. Either way, that shit isn’t going to net them a profit when it comes to raising a kid lol. Not even close.

I get that it makes you feel manly and superior to assume anyone on these programs are losers and you’re a winner for not being on these programs, but you just willfully ignoring the facts. I mean you do know a lot of veterans are on food stamps right?

Other programs? Like what? Maybe they are on TANF but that is also peanuts and is only temporary. They couldn’t be on much of anything else because if their total assets are too high, they are lucky if they qualify for both. Either way, that shit isn’t going to net them a profit when it comes to raising a kid lol. Not even close.

I get that it makes you feel manly and superior to assume anyone on these programs are losers and you’re a winner for not being on these programs, but you just willfully ignoring the facts. I mean you do know a lot of veterans are on food stamps right?

Is that what it is, me feeling like a man? How about this: I work to support myself. I buy all my own food, pay my own utilities, pay for my own cell phone, pay my own mortgages. Why would I not be upset when I'm paying for other people's too? Especially when I see my country 22 trillion in debt and growing?

And where did I say "making a profit?" It's not profit that I'm talking about. It's skating by in life using other people's money to do it instead of being responsible and taking care of yourself. Sitting at home watching your big screen while those of us working wake up at 5:25 am to support these people. And to add insult to injury, then move into my neighborhood to bring down my property value.

It has nothing to do with feeling like a man. It has everything to do with feeling used.

Minimum food stamp benefit is only $16 a month. Many people don't realize that benefits are steeply graduated as income increases. This is one of the reasons you often see people at the grocery store using both a SNAP card and a credit card.

Nor do most realize that 80% of those that receive foods stamps have jobs and half of food stamp benefits go to children.

Flopper, for one, if you need food stamps, you should have never had children in the first place. Two, you are correct that people who make more income see a decrease in their benefits. THAT'S WHY THEY ONLY WORK MINIMUM HOURS! Three, the reason you see people with SNAP's cards and credit cards is because we pay for their food, but they pay for their own beer and wine, flowers, greeting cards, gift certificates, cigarettes, and various other items I see at the store with SNAP's people.

Is that what it is, me feeling like a man? How about this: I work to support myself. I buy all my own food, pay my own utilities, pay for my own cell phone, pay my own mortgages. Why would I not be upset when I'm paying for other people's too? Especially when I see my country 22 trillion in debt and growing?

And where did I say "making a profit?" It's not profit that I'm talking about. It's skating by in life using other people's money to do it instead of being responsible and taking care of yourself. Sitting at home watching your big screen while those of us working wake up at 5:25 am to support these people. And to add insult to injury, then move into my neighborhood to bring down my property value.

It has nothing to do with feeling like a man. It has everything to do with feeling used.
Lol this is what I am talking about. You building yourself up as some hard working macho man because you have a mortgage and wake up early in the morning. Yes, it’s good to be independent. Of course it is, but you know, a lot of people are like you. The unemployment rate is what like 3%? You’re making this into being some epidemic because it makes you feel validated. I too work 40 hours a week and support myself. I don’t want or need food stamps, but I do know that some people really do need them.

Lol this is what I am talking about. You building yourself up as some hard working macho man because you have a mortgage and wake up early in the morning. Yes, it’s good to be independent. Of course it is, but you know, a lot of people are like you. The unemployment rate is what like 3%? You’re making this into being some epidemic because it makes you feel validated. I too work 40 hours a week and support myself. I don’t want or need food stamps, but I do know that some people really do need them.

It's not an epidemic? Care to see the statistics? I have them you know.

Yes, a lot of people are like me, and many of them feel the same way I do. I have very serious illnesses. Yet I get my sick ass up to go to work every day while some able-bodied healthy people sit home living off of the money I work for. How can I not be pissed off about it?

If anybody should be supported, it's me. The healthy people should be working so I can stay home and tend to my medical problems, not the other way around. So why do I do it? It's called pride. It's called integrity; something liberals have been stripping out of our society for many years now.

Yes, a lot of people are like me, and many of them feel the same way I do. I have very serious illnesses. Yet I get my sick ass up to go to work every day while some able-bodied healthy people sit home living off of the money I work for. How can I not be pissed off about it?

If anybody should be supported, it's me. The healthy people should be working so I can stay home and tend to my medical problems, not the other way around. So why do I do it? It's called pride. It's called integrity; something liberals have been stripping out of our society for many years now.
Lol I mean trust me I agree it’s for the best you are so independent and to some degree that should feel good, but you just aren’t as special as you like to think you are I hate to say it. Again the unemployment rate is 3% under Trump. You have statistics that say this is an epidemic under the supposedly tough businessman who is really just a complete sack of shit.

Lol I mean trust me I agree it’s for the best you are so independent and to some degree that should feel good, but you just aren’t as special as you like to think you are I hate to say it. Again the unemployment rate is 3% under Trump. You have statistics that say this is an epidemic under the supposedly tough businessman who is really just a complete sack of shit.

Since the unemployment rate hit record lows (the lowest in nearly 50 years) shouldn't everybody who is physically and mentally capable of working be working?

Where do you get "I'm special" in my argument? I never said nor Implied that.

And let me tell you, if not for Republican Governors who instituted requirements for receiving food stamps, the usage would be much higher today.

Since the unemployment rate hit record lows (the lowest in nearly 50 years) shouldn't everybody who is physically and mentally capable of working be working?

Where do you get "I'm special" in my argument? I never said nor Implied that.

And let me tell you, if not for Republican Governors who instituted requirements for receiving food stamps, the usage would be much higher today.
Lol are you implying that all that 3% are on food stamps? No. Again, most able bodied adults on food stamps have jobs. They just can’t support the dependents they have with their dirt income. Also consider who MOST of the people on food stamps are; kids, disabled adults such as veterans, and the elderly. Those people make up 2/3 of all of those on food stamps. These are the facts you are willfully ignoring.

Politics has nothing to do with truth, honor or country. Politics is all about gaining and keeping power. A good politician is a good liar who must maintain the illusion of being sincere, interested and concerned about their constituents. Bottom line, politicians are total lowlifes and phonies.
Unfortunately, they seem to be a necessary evil like government, prisons, and menstruation.

Menstruation is evil?

Reported.

OldLady Join teh discussion!

Forum List

Back