Can Atheists be Moral?

as before bing how does that religion construe a vasectomy as any different than an abortion. in application as a solution. the solution you choose - did you ask your priests permission.
Only you would take exception with someone saying that you don’t need to follow a religion to know that ending the life of a defenseless child is wrong.
Only you would take exception with someone saying that you don’t need to follow a religion to know that ending the life of a defenseless child is wrong.

did you get permission to have your vasectomy ...
Why would I? I'm not hung up on the form of religion like you are.
Excuse me?
My post was a direct reply to Breezewood. Who is hung up on the form of religion.
Ah. OK. Couldn't tell who you were replying to.

You can prove me wrong by finding just one. Good luck with that.
You mean find an embryology text that doesn't conflate the word "child" with "embryo" or with "fetus"? Sure, I may just look for one of those some day.. when I'm really bored and have nothing better to do.. Point stands in any case. They are clearly defined generally as distinct for good reason and conflated for political purposes alone.
They use different names for different stages of the human life cycle. But they all say that human life begins at conception. Not one says otherwise. How could they? They are human and they are living.

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.”

Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council
So? That was never the issue. A child is not a fetus. Say that and we're done. Nothing in dispute otherwise. Never was, except in your mind apparently.

You mean find an embryology text that doesn't conflate the word "child" with "embryo" or with "fetus"? Sure, I may just look for one of those some day.. when I'm really bored and have nothing better to do.. Point stands in any case. They are clearly defined generally as distinct for good reason and conflated for political purposes alone.
They use different names for different stages of the human life cycle. But they all say that human life begins at conception. Not one says otherwise. How could they? They are human and they are living.

Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council
So? That was never the issue. A child is not a fetus. Say that and we're done. Nothing in dispute otherwise. Never was, except in your mind apparently.
Congratulations. A child is not a fetus. Now if you will only recognize that abortions are explicitly designed to terminate a human life.

Congratulations. A child is not a fetus.
Lord have mercy. At long last. Praise the lord! Some lord or other. Lord Kelvin?
Now if you will only recognize that abortions are explicitly designed to terminate a human life.
I'll grant you "designed to terminate" and "life" in general, but too many other useful purposes to presume "explicitly" and certainly not limited to "human life." The main purposes regarding humans (pregnant women) are made much clearer here:
Abortion is the ending of a pregnancy by removal or expulsion of an embryo or fetus before it can survive outside the uterus.[note 1] An abortion that occurs without intervention is known as a miscarriage or spontaneous abortion. When deliberate steps are taken to end a pregnancy, it is called an induced abortion, or less frequently "induced miscarriage". The unmodified word abortion generally refers to an induced abortion.[1][2] A similar procedure after the fetus has potential to survive outside the womb is known as a "late termination of pregnancy" or less accurately as a "late term abortion".[3]

Lord have mercy. At long last. Praise the lord! Some lord or other. Lord Kelvin?
Now if you will only recognize that abortions are explicitly designed to terminate a human life.
I'll grant you "designed to terminate" and "life" in general, but too many other useful purposes to presume "explicitly" and certainly not limited to "human life." The main purposes regarding humans (pregnant women) are made much clearer here:
Abortion is the ending of a pregnancy by removal or expulsion of an embryo or fetus before it can survive outside the uterus.[note 1] An abortion that occurs without intervention is known as a miscarriage or spontaneous abortion. When deliberate steps are taken to end a pregnancy, it is called an induced abortion, or less frequently "induced miscarriage". The unmodified word abortion generally refers to an induced abortion.[1][2] A similar procedure after the fetus has potential to survive outside the womb is known as a "late termination of pregnancy" or less accurately as a "late term abortion".[3]
No. Abortion is the termination of a human life.

Why do you keep dehumanizing human life?

Can your conscience not take you believing you are ending a human life?

Congratulations. A child is not a fetus. Now if you will only recognize that abortions are explicitly designed to terminate a human life.

According to every medical definition available, a fetus is alive. It has its own blood type and it's own DNA. LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION! It is a biological fact.

Why are you such a dumbass?
Induction of abortion in cattle is a common procedure and is done for a variety of reasons. Heifer calves may become pregnant at a very early age, predisposing them to dystocia as well as retarded growth during pregnancy and during the subsequent lactation.

Induction of abortion in cattle is a common procedure and is done for a variety of reasons. Heifer calves may become pregnant at a very early age, predisposing them to dystocia as well as retarded growth during pregnancy and during the subsequent lactation.

“Human life begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm (spermatozoo developmentn) unites with a female gamete or oocyte (ovum) to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.” “A zygote is the beginning of a new human being.”

Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.

“Human life begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm (spermatozoo developmentn) unites with a female gamete or oocyte (ovum) to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.” “A zygote is the beginning of a new human being.”

Keith L. Moore, The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.
And???

It’s always interesting how a subset of religionists will define out of the religion a different subset of religionists who don’t meet some standard of religion that different religionists define as the standard that religionists must meet.
You don’t need to follow a religion to know that ending the life of a defenseless child is wrong.
You don’t need to follow a religion to know that ending the life of a defenseless child is wrong.

as before bing how does that religion construe a vasectomy as any different than an abortion. in application as a solution. the solution you choose - did you ask your priests permission.

the 1st century religion of antiquity is only 6 words long - the triumph of good vs evil.

you did not answer the question, did you receive permission for your vasectomy ...

And???
And "After fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being...[this] is no longer a matter of taste or opinion, it is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence...." - Dr Jerome LeJeune, Professor of Genetics at the University of Descartes, Paris, discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down's Syndrome, and Nobel Prize Winner

the 1st century religion of antiquity is only 6 words long - the triumph of good vs evil.

you did not answer the question, did you receive permission for your vasectomy ...
I did answer the question. Why would I?

And???
And "After fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being...[this] is no longer a matter of taste or opinion, it is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence...." - Dr Jerome LeJeune, Professor of Genetics at the University of Descartes, Paris, discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down's Syndrome, and Nobel Prize Winner
So???

Edwards says the majority of feedlots feeding heifers palpate incoming heifers. Some feedlots forego palpation and simply mass abort all heifers upon arrival with a prostaglandin. However, pregnancies over 120 days of gestation may not be affected by prostaglandin alone. "Most feedlots would prefer to feed open heifers, but due to location, timing or lack of willing veterinarians to perform the pregnancy exam, they may or may not get them palpated," he says.
Do you seriously think either "Keith L. Moore" or "Dr Jerome LeJeune" would argue with Edwards there and say "No. Abortion is {limited to} the termination of a human life"?
Apparently so. Because you're such a dumbass.

And "After fertilization has taken place a new cow has come into being...[this] is no longer a matter of taste or opinion, it is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence...." - Dr Jerome LeJeune, Professor of Genetics at the University of Descartes, Paris, discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down's Syndrome, and Nobel Prize Winner

Why do you hate cows? I guess anti-choice nuts don't care about cows even if they can vote.

Last edited:
The magnetic field is caused by plate tectonics which was explained by creation scientist, Alfred Wegener.
Thanks. Hilarious!

MagnetEZ.jpg

Hmm, "caused by plate tectonics"?

:abgg2q.jpg: You can't tell the difference between a magnet and magnetic field. What else are you missing besides that hole in your head?
Why do you think that iron bar is hanging onto that horseshoe magnet? Invisible glue? Smoke and mirrors? Jeebus?
It definitely sounds like you do not know or else you would've told us. Since you brought it up, maybe whoever took the picture did glue what looks like two metals together. You posted the pic. What are we looking at?
As plainly described, you are looking at an iron bar hanging onto a horseshoe magnet. Ultimately the attraction is a manifestation of electricity as are all physical phenomena, but more specifically, you're witnessing a magnet exerting magnetic force upon an iron bar due to their mutual magnetic field interactions. To really learn something here's some Dollard from long ago:
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF LINES OF FORCE
Consider the space between poles of a magnet or capacitor as full of lines of electric force. See Fig.1. These lines of force act as a quantity of stretched and mutually repellent springs. Anyone who has pushed together the like poles of two magnets has felt this springy mass. Observe Fig.2. Notice the lines of force are more dense along AB in between poles, and that more lines on A are facing B than are projecting outwards to infinity. Consider the effect of the lines of force on A. These lines are in a state of tension and pull on A. Because more are pulling on A towards B than those pulling on A away from B, we have the phenomena of physical attraction. Now observe Fig. 3. Notice now that the poles are like rather than unlike, more or all lines pull A away from B; the phenomena of physical repulsion.
Dielectricity-fig2.png
Dielectricity-fig3.png

So it's an iron bar instead of two magnets, but whatever. How did the horseshoe magnet come to be? Are you saying that one has to have electricity in order to have magnetic force? There does not appear to be any electricity in the horseshoe magnet.

Edwards says the majority of feedlots feeding heifers palpate incoming heifers. Some feedlots forego palpation and simply mass abort all heifers upon arrival with a prostaglandin. However, pregnancies over 120 days of gestation may not be affected by prostaglandin alone. "Most feedlots would prefer to feed open heifers, but due to location, timing or lack of willing veterinarians to perform the pregnancy exam, they may or may not get them palpated," he says.
Do you seriously think either "Keith L. Moore" or "Dr Jerome LeJeune" would argue with Edwards there and say "No. Abortion is {limited to} the termination of a human life"?

And "After fertilization has taken place a new cow has come into being...[this] is no longer a matter of taste or opinion, it is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence...." - Dr Jerome LeJeune, Professor of Genetics at the University of Descartes, Paris, discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down's Syndrome, and Nobel Prize Winner

Why do you hate cows? I guess anti-choice nuts don't care about cows even if they can vote.

I can’t say I’m surprised at the Keith Moore copy and paste.

Keith Moore is a quack.

Embryology in the Quran - Professor Keith Moore

Links were provided. Are you allergic to reading, reason, AND logic? If not, try some!

Can't you answer my question by explaining what you know? You said "All real systems leak." What are you referring to? The engine oil from my car? I can show you that it isn't leaking. If it does leak, then I can have it repaired so it isn't leaking.

Are you allergic to reading, reason, AND logic? If not, try some!

Just what am I suppose to get out of it. I'm not a mind reader. Why can't you explain what you know in order to convince others? Otherwise, I'm wasting my time. Why should I read something which you cannot explain? That isn't an argument to convince me of something.

WTF? Same response!

Haha. So far, you haven't explained anything, but only dodging questions. I can explain thermodynamics to you. It's about heat transfer. We see heat flow from a hot place (source) to a cold one. Nothing happens on the planet or universe without it. Do you want me to go on to SLOT?

The Aether is the necessary background medium through which all energy exchange takes place. Boats need water in order to move. It's that simple and obvious.

Sounds like thermodynamics w/o heat transfer. So where does one get aether? I mean if I have a boat, then I go to a river or ocean to use it (work).

Last edited:

I can’t say I’m surprised at the Keith Moore copy and paste.

Keith Moore is a quack.

Embryology in the Quran - Professor Keith Moore
Seriously, the mother is given no consideration, nor is the baby once born. The fetus is all anyone's supposed to give a shit about. Fuck that!

Forum List

Back