Can Atheists be Moral?

I wonder. I guess it makes sense. He does have a friend I can have more weekday sleepovers where I leave them together for the day when I go to work. Then I need a camera to watch and see if he cares. I’m sure they would play a couple times during the day.

I give him good 1-2 hour walks after work and pay attention to him till I go to bed. He’s so spoiled. He goes everywhere with me. Screw me having two dogs. Impossible.

I had a neighbor her dog and mine hung out but she’s crazy and I don’t take her dog to the dog park anymore.
How will you know if he cares?
I would see them playing with each other.

They came over tonight. The dogs hardly played. But I am going to drop him off at her place tomorrow morning. They’ve been cooped up un -9 degree weather.

It’ll be 45 saturday and sunday
Maybe you aren’t making the proper comparison. It wouldn’t be the first time.
Now you want to snivel at him to try to debate his Dog's emotions?

Sick!
Are you still carrying that girl?

I left her at the stream.
That's ^ a meth post.

How will you know if he cares?

They came over tonight. The dogs hardly played. But I am going to drop him off at her place tomorrow morning. They’ve been cooped up un -9 degree weather.

Sick!

That's ^ a meth post.
You misspelled Zen Buddhist.

Sick!

That's ^ a meth post.
You misspelled Zen Buddhist.
You're pretty far from Zen, probably the farthest here besides the Civil War folks. I would say you're in the "conflict" phase of your conflict and confusion process.

the question for bing is whether humanity evolved from the same initial life template as all other physiological beings on earth or as being distinct from the metaphysical Garden which itself evolved on Earth's surface.
There’s only about 1% that separates us from the monkeys.

1% or 2% difference represents at least 15 million changes in our genome since the time of our common ancestor about six million years ago..

the question for bing is whether humanity evolved from the same initial life template as all other physiological beings on earth or as being distinct from the metaphysical Garden which itself evolved on Earth's surface.

1% or 2% difference represents at least 15 million changes in our genome since the time of our common ancestor about six million years ago..
Sod Jews are descended from apes.

That would be the great apes., Sirs to you.

So you believe in evolution. It's a start.

I did until I met you.

Now I also believe in devolution.

In full view of everyone here you went from a creature with the form and shape of a flabby human being and an intelligence just slightly above that of a monkey into a shapeless quivering puddle of smelly pond scum.

Its fascinating! People are taking pictures and jotting down notes

Last edited:

I did until I met you.

In full view of everyone here you went from a creature with the form and shape of a flabby human being and an intelligence just slightly above that of a monkey into a shapeless quivering puddle of smelly pond scum.

So Jesus descended from an ape?

I did until I met you.

Weird it's harder for Christians to believe that they evolved from a more primitive species but they have no problem believing they are gods in waiting.

636548323682224301-gv022218-color.jpg

Atheists can be ethical, but not "moral." Moral implies accession to a higher authority, and moral imperatives often involve behavior that is not overtly harmful (e.g., lust, greed, hatred), and their ethics only kick in when actual, demonstrable harm is imminent or visible.

A Moral person abhors abortion even while acknowledging that the beginning of "personhood" is in question. It is the mere possibility that abortion kills a person that makes it morally unacceptable.

The Ethical person sanctions abortion, as long as the personhood of the fetus cannot be demonstrated.

Huge difference.

Atheists can be ethical, but not "moral." Moral implies accession to a higher authority, and moral imperatives often involve behavior that is not overtly harmful (e.g., lust, greed, hatred), and their ethics only kick in when actual, demonstrable harm is imminent or visible.

A Moral person abhors abortion even while acknowledging that the beginning of "personhood" is in question. It is the mere possibility that abortion kills a person that makes it morally unacceptable.

The Ethical person sanctions abortion, as long as the personhood of the fetus cannot be demonstrated.

Huge difference.
I have a brother and his wife are church going Christians and like half the congregation, they are pro choice. How do you explain that?

I have a brother and his wife are church going Christians and like half the congregation, they are pro choice. How do you explain that?
Would these people choose aborting their own child? Or, are they telling others while they wouldn't do it, it is okay for them to do it?

Would these people choose aborting their own child? Or, are they telling others while they wouldn't do it, it is okay for them to do it?
Sure. I'm the same way right now. I wouldn't abort a child if I got a woman pregnant now that I can afford one. My freshman year of college I would have got one but not now.

If you don't want to get an abortion don't get one. Beyond that butt out.

Moral implies accession to a higher authority ...

nothing ambiguous with the above -

and being obsessed is your litmus test -

upload_2019-1-31_11-9-9.jpeg

there is not a moral tradeoff within the Garden ... or being obsessed in of itself is the key for a moralists. "build the wall".

I did until I met you.

Who can say? People have been searching high and low for a pair of his underwear so they could take a DNA test but so far, nothing.

I am beginning to suspect that he didn't wear any.

Sure. I'm the same way right now.

Is taking an innocent life right or wrong? Is slavery right or wrong? What would you say today if you read a statement by one of your ancestors that said, "I would never own a slave myself, but if someone else does, that is their choice." Or, "If circumstances were right, I might own a slave myself."

Just something to reflect on. What is the essential question.

Sure. I'm the same way right now.

Is taking an innocent life right or wrong? Is slavery right or wrong? What would you say today if you read a statement by one of your ancestors that said, "I would never own a slave myself, but if someone else does, that is their choice." Or, "If circumstances were right, I might own a slave myself."

Just something to reflect on. What is the essential question.
Good one.

Good one.
It is not meant to be good (or bad). It does seem that society is affected by what others believe to be right or wrong. It occurs to me that someone who would never have an abortion themselves telling others they would approve it if someone else did it, may not serve either the interest of that individual or society as a whole. As I said before, simply another angle or perspective upon which to reflect.

Forum List

Back