Zone1 Can Black people be racist?

RACISM= Prejudice plus power. Without power, there is no racism. Thus, Blacks in America are not and never have been racist. Here is the difference: Racism is a system. It is not an indivisual's feelings; an indivisual's feelings is prejudice.
1) Have Black people ever been able to keep you from attending a school you wanted to attend?
2) Have Black people ever kept you from buying or renting a house in a neighborhood you wanted to live in?
3) Have Black people ever barred you from getting a job?

And last, but not least: Have Blacks in this country ever held Whites in legalized slavery? :no_text11:

I say that in my video too, but that only whites have the power is also not true. I said in my video "do you think barack obama, the naacp or whoopi goldberg cant get bubba from the trailer park fired from his job or get him arrested by the FBI?". Black nowadays do have lots of institutional power, the power is divided, into many fractions, it is not true that only whites have power.
Blacks don't have the power that Whites have. Here is proof: NO White person in the USA would want to trade places with a Black person--- not even a wealthy Black person. Because there is built in value in having White skin. I think it's called----White Privledge.

RACISM= Prejudice plus power. Without power, there is no racism. Thus, Blacks in America are not and never have been racist. Here is the difference: Racism is a system. It is not an indivisual's feelings; an indivisual's feelings is prejudice.
1) Have Black people ever been able to keep you from attending a school you wanted to attend?
2) Have Black people ever kept you from buying or renting a house in a neighborhood you wanted to live in?

And last, but not least: Have Blacks in this country ever held Whites in legalized slavery? :no_text11:
That's bullcrap and you know it. Stop making up definitions to suit your prejudices. Racism, simply, is believing that one race is superior to another.

Blacks don't have the power that Whites have. Here is proof: NO White person in the USA would want to trade places with a Black person--- not even a wealthy Black person. Because there is built in value in having White skin. I think it's called----White Privledge.
I can think of dozens of black people I'd trade places within an instant.

That's bullcrap and you know it. Stop making up definitions to suit your prejudices. Racism, simply, is believing that one race is superior to another.
NO. That isn't the definition of racism. The true definition is what I posted. What a person believes is not important. The systems put into place is what is important. The Founding Fathers of the USA put a system of White Supremacy in place here.

If you look hard enough, you can find a Yes for all 3.

Everybody is racist.

It is hard wired into the human animal to prefer the company of one's own kind.

Funny, the most racist people I ever knew were my Japanese in-laws who didn't trust Chinese, Koreans. Blacks or Jews.

I would say that racist is the wrong word. Those of similar race and ethnicity are naturally more comfortable with their own. That doesn't mean they have to be intolerant of other races/ethnicities.

Nonsense!!! I want reparations from Black and Brown slave owners' descendants for WHITE SLAVERY from areas such as the Balkans; the "Blood price" where children were taken was particularly disgusting. PS: just realised you're a girl. Adjusted .

Greg

Nonsense!!! I want reparations from Black and Brown slave owners' descendants for WHITE SLAVERY from areas such as the Balkans; the "Blood price" where children were taken was particularly disgusting. PS: just realised you're a girl. Adjusted .

Greg
Can you elaborate, please? I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:

Can you elaborate, please? I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:
Please read up on it. "Slave" is derived from "Slave" for a reason. If you really don't know then a few facts.....some call it a "Blood tax"....

Sort
Recommended

Profile photo for Rally Wally

Rally Wally
Author has 1.7K answers and 840.1K answer views3y
The Ottomans demanded that Christian families pay the so-called blood tax: they had to give their first-born son away. These children were then converted to Islam and fed with propaganda against their own people. They would then form a special legion called the Janissary and would be sent back to fight their own families. They were considered the most ferocious legion in the Ottoman army. Since they had no family that they knew of they were happy to die in battle…

The Blood Tax​

During the four hundred years of Ottoman rule over Bosnia and Herzegovina (1463-1878), the Ottoman Empire raided Christian villages, and kidnapped young boys ages 8 to 18, who would then be converted to Islam and trained for military or civil service to the empire. This practice was called “Devshirme,” also known as the blood tax.
Knowing that their boys may never return to them and forget their home–and in hope of staving off forced conversion–the Christian families in the region tattooed their children so that they would always bear a mark of their origins. It was a piece of home that could never be taken from them. “It is believed that Catholic women during this time started getting tattooed as a way to avoid forced conversions to Islam (through marriage) or to prevent being taken into captivity (i.e. harems) by the Ottomans.” Apparently, the practice predates the Ottoman Empire by centuries, but it took on new meaning and application as the threat of Ottoman kidnapping surfaced.
5547a8adb5d3555f65998e27c3bd9971ea8f0e05

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

The first time I learned of this practice was in the summer of 2016 when I peaked into the windows of a public library near the center of Zagreb, Croatia. The library had a display on the history of the practice. I saw photos and drawings of beautiful, delicate tattoos marking women’s hands, arms, necks and chests, and read the heartbreaking story that accompanied them. The practice was still alive in some villages in the early 20th century and taken up by some women in the modern times as an homage to their ancestors.

Greg

Forum List

Back