Can Liberals Criticise Obama?

I was hoping for more bipartisanship. I know Bush threw that kind of thing out the window, but I think a two party state can only be successful if both parties are involved. That's not to say I don't approve of the job Obama's done. But the country is super divided and I would like for that to change.

Excellent point, I agree.

I tend to blame the GOP for this more than Obama, but maybe back on his first day in power Obama could have really tried to open up a dialogue with the moderate limb of the GOP and offered them a couple of policy victories in order to establish common ground.

:lol::lol::lol:

You 'blame' the GOP? Obama is President - it is his fucking job to find compromise. And he is crap at it. 'Winning' does not mean you get it all your own way... it means you are supposed to fucking lead. LEAD. Not divide. You - and any other moron who voted for Obama - really need to learn that lesson.
Bingo......Obama does not lead, he does not have the capability, and that is why he is the most insulated, and non transparent President in US history.

But then, anybody who is surprised at that, is a friggin' idiot, seeing as though the man NEVER held any position of leadership in his life.....And it begs the question, who in the hell is actually acting as President?.....Jarrett?.....Biden?...... Axelrod by phone?

There's a reason why the man spends so much time doing things other than actually acting as President......No doubt that they tell him, "look, go play basketball, go play golf, go play with Tiger, we've got this."

What he is, is nothing more than a figurehead.....He's the liberals dream. Somebody they can prop up and say, "look, he's a clean, well spoken black man, and now he's President. See how cool, hip, and progressive we look, isn't he just dandy?"

No one needs to look any further then comments made by Reid, Biden, and a whole host of other libprogs to verify the above.

And the sad thing is, is look at the millions of americans who fell for their con game, not once, but twice.

Sure - but something this board suffers from is a lack of "self-cricitism" (for want of a better term).

Maybe if we were all more open about the faults our representatives have or mistakes they make - it would also inspire more understanding from the other side of the aisle?
I got no problem with publically stating my criticisms of Obama. And unlike the "rights" criticism of him, I don't have to make mine up. My criticisms of this President, just like my criticisms of the last one, are based on their policies and actions in office, not on what I thought they were doing or who or what I thought they were.

My criticism of him and his Administration are as follows:
  • his "kill lists". Thinking he has the authority to kill any American, anywhere, at anytime, for any reason, is just disgusting.
  • refusing to investigate former Administration officials for war crimes.
  • continuing the neocon foreign policy agenda.
  • not fighting for the "public option" in the healthcare bill.
  • supporting "indefinate detention".
  • supporting "drone" warfare.
  • not enough liberal legislation.
  • too many compromises with the right.
  • kissing too much Israeli ass
  • expanding warrantless wire-tapping
Let's get one thing perfectly clear, Obama is NOT a liberal President. He's not a liberal. His policies are not on the left. He has no liberals in his Cabinet. He has too many former financial industry heavyweights in his treasury department.

Does anyone remember former WH press secretary Robert Gibbs going off on liberals just before a press conference? Saying we had to give Obama "more time" to enact the liberal policies he said he was going to do during his campaign. That we were too impatient with him and he couldn't get everything all done at once.

Truth is, he didn't do any of it and I personally took the "time" option off the table 18 months into his Presidency and formally stated I no longer support the policies of his Administration. That was over 3-1/2 years ago and I still don't.

The one thing to remember about Obama, more than anything else, is that he is a "POLITICAN!" Never forget that and you will always keep what he says and does in perspective.

And pay no intention to what the right says about him, because they make everything up about him anyway. Nothing they say about him is true. But that's true about anyone they talk about.

He is a dictator wannabe, and the libs are being used. All he has to do is "stroke them" (with unfullfilled promises), and they will lie, cheat and steal to take away citizens' rights.

In truth, since none of us have walked in President Obama's shoes - we just don't really know. It's easy to criticize and pass judgement from the outside. I would say overall that he's done a fairly good job in spite of the obstructionist Congress he's had to work with.

He had the House of Representatives and the Senate for his first two years. Keep making excuses for him. Blame Bush. It is so much easier than reality.

In truth, since none of us have walked in President Obama's shoes - we just don't really know. It's easy to criticize and pass judgement from the outside. I would say overall that he's done a fairly good job in spite of the obstructionist Congress he's had to work with.

He had the House of Representatives and the Senate for his first two years. Keep making excuses for him. Blame Bush. It is so much easier than reality.

No one "walked in Bush's shoes" either.....

But that never stopped anyone from being shy about criticizing him or passing judgement....

Obama is very child-like, and it isn't his fault: His party and the media treat him like a child in their protectiveness, shying away from addressing his poor decisions (soylindra, sequester, etc.) and coddling him (Bill Clinton stepping in after the disasterous 2010 elections when dems lost the HoR).

I get so tired of him thinking he could work with these dingbat Republicans.

"we just really don't know", is the key look into a liberals mind in the post you quoted.....They just follow blindly along.

Of course they don't know, nobody does, because this is the most insulated and non-transparent President in US history.....The administreation needs it to be that way, because he obviously is not the one doing the leading.

It's just too damn obvious.

you gave him 4 more years to continue his damage to the country. its all on you now. do you think your criticisms will change him in any way? do you think he gives a shit whether you agree with him?

Hopefully. He has another 4 years, and plenty to with little to lose.

got some news for you. he got your vote, thats all he wanted from you. now he wants you to shut up and watch as he turns the USA into a marxist dictatorship.

YOU, the 51% that gave him a second term, are responsible. you deserve what you voted for.

Lay off the weed, it makes you paranoid.

got some news for you. he got your vote, thats all he wanted from you. now he wants you to shut up and watch as he turns the USA into a marxist dictatorship.

YOU, the 51% that gave him a second term, are responsible. you deserve what you voted for.

:cuckoo: whacko stories about Marxism when most normal people know that is bunk

What is more irritating, his paranoia or his stupidity?

It is up to Obama to offer compromise - but he can't make the GOP accept the olive branch.

"Olive branch"? :rolleyes:

The ignorant foreigner will swallow anything he's fed as long as it comes from the left.

Lay off the weed, it makes you paranoid.

don't do weed, what I said is true, you that voted him a second term are responsible. You did it, you wanted a liberal half black incompetent because you just "like" him.

Well, its on your heads now. You deserve what you voted for.

:cuckoo: whacko stories about Marxism when most normal people know that is bunk

What is more irritating, his paranoia or his stupidity?

tough choice, no nukes displays both characteristics, as do you.

As a liberal, my largest disappointment with Obama was that the ACA didn't go far enough. Somehow the sacred pact that we supposedly have with our fellow men and women doesn't include providing for their dental or visual care? I think he tapered the bill to get it passed instead of "going large"

As an American, the banks we bailed out at the beginning of his term because they were "too big to fail are still too big to fail. This is no one's fault but his.

As a liberal, my largest disappointment with Obama was that the ACA didn't go far enough. Somehow the sacred pact that we supposedly have with our fellow men and women doesn't include providing for their dental or visual care? I think he tapered the bill to get it passed instead of "going large"

As an American, the banks we bailed out at the beginning of his term because they were "too big to fail are still too big to fail. This is no one's fault but his.

Do you think it will be FREE for you? Do you think the govt should just pay everyone's medical bills including dental and vision and hearing?

Just one question: Where will they get the money?

Liberals should be criticizing Obama more than Conservatives.

1. His Health care plan mimics the one created by a Conservative Think Tank (American Enterprise Institute). It's the one Bob Dole advanced in opposition to HillaryCare. It's the one enacted by Romney. He didn't fight for the "Public Option". Instead he chose to feed people into the monopolized insurance system.

2. He didn't alter the Bush Surveillance State (Patriot Act and Homeland Security).

3. He stood idly by as the GOP Congress filibustered everything proposed by the Democrats. He just watched as the GOP filibustered even legislation that was proposed by the GOP.

4. His economic advisers are free market Wall Street guys. His Trade Policies are anti-labor.

5. He failed to explain the fact that Bush 41/43 and Reagan added government jobs during their recessions while he has made cuts to the federal work force. He failed to mention that Bush 41/43 and Reagan bailed the states out during their recessions so they could preserve police, teacher and fire fighter jobs. They did this to keep consumer spending high so there was no spiraling jobs loss. Obama, on the other hand, was bully'd into austerity for the states, which has blunted his recovery. Obama explains none of this.

The Left needed a fighter, like FDR or LBJ.

Instead they got Bush-Lite.

Last edited:
Of course Liberals can and do criticize Obama - but the smarter ones don't do it in public to give the rabid right unnecessary ammunition. I generally defend Obama rather than criticize him in public, but if I have worthwhile complaints - I email them to the DNC and White House.

Sure - but something this board suffers from is a lack of "self-cricitism" (for want of a better term).

Maybe if we were all more open about the faults our representatives have or mistakes they make - it would also inspire more understanding from the other side of the aisle?

Surely you've seen enough on this board from the right to know that is HIGHLY unlikely. It's a full-time job just trying to debunk their bullshit. Just take a look at the board right now...

We can't even get consensus on where Obama was born...or if he's a U.S. citizen...
I'm sure the concept of how laughable that comment is coming from you is totally lost on you as for the OP question for the most part liberals are only critical of Obama for not going far enough to the left to suit them just as the right seems to only want to criticize Republicans for not going far enough to the right.

Liberals should be criticizing Obama more than Conservatives.

1. His Health care plan mimics the one created by a Conservative Think Tank (American Enterprise Institute). It's the one Bob Dole advanced in opposition to HillaryCare. It's the one enacted by Romney. He didn't fight for the "Public Option". Instead he chose to feed people into the monopolized insurance system.

2. He didn't alter the Bush Surveillance State (Patriot Act and Homeland Security).

3. He stood idly by as the GOP Congress filibustered everything proposed by the Democrats. He just watched as the GOP filibustered even legislation that was proposed by the GOP.

4. His economic advisers are free market Wall Street guys. His Trade Policies are anti-labor.

5. He failed to explain the fact that Bush 41/43 and Reagan added government jobs during their recessions while he has made cuts to the federal work force. He failed to mention that Bush 41/43 and Reagan bailed the states out during their recessions so they could preserve police, teacher and fire fighter jobs. They did this to keep consumer spending high so there was no spiraling jobs loss. Obama, on the other hand, was bully'd into austerity for the states, which has blunted his recovery. Obama explains none of this.

The Left needed a fighter, like FDR or LBJ.

Instead they got Bush-Lite.

here, we go pretending to criticizing obama isn't going to work.

Forum List

Back