Can Mueller make copies?

of his report? And if the attorney general suppresses it can he release them? Would it be against the law to do so? What penalties could he expect either way?

Yes to the first part. He can make as many copies as he wants. There are no national security concerns here.

As for the 2nd part, the AG can do whatever he wants. However, after January 3, the House can subpoena the records of the IC. When asked about his report, the IC (Mueller) will say that there was a final report or not. If he says there was (or anyone on his staff), the House can subpoena that. If the AG tries to withhold it….then we have to get the courts to intervene. This is one reason why Mueller hasn’t been fired. If fired, he can say whatever he wants to whomever he wants. I doubt he would do it but the House can subpoena him and ask him what he found out. This is why Comey started a paper trail; knowing Trump has zero respect for the law. I would imagine Mueller did the same thing. Additionally, if Mueller is fired tonight, all that happens is the DOJ either appoints another IC or the evidence that Mueller has uncovered reverts back to the DOJ and should be assigned to another team of FBI agents. What was collected doesn’t go away.

As for against the law; that is for the courts to decide. Given that every IC in history TTBOMK submitted a report that was made public and given the nature of this investigation (no National Security implications), the public would have every expectation to be able to see the report.

Penalties? Don’t know.
The Democrats now have oversight. Oversight of the Justice Dept

Great news for the republic and the rule of law.

bad news for wingnuts like Rep Jordan, and criminals like Trump

post above proves:

member here hasn't a clue bear513 -- has no idea, what he has been regurgitating

just rep[eats shit he head from wingnutty sources

I just posted a supreme Court case.

And you wamt to post opinion?

you did not post a case before the Supreme Court. you posted a link to an oped LOL

hello?

I posted the court case..

You didn't follow up .

So it's still on the docket..

No?

post above proves:

member here hasn't a clue bear513 -- has no idea, what he has been regurgitating

you did not post a case before the Supreme Court. you posted a link to an oped LOL

hello?

You didn't follow up .

No?

what case before the Supreme Court did you post about? The imaginary one?

your opinion piece was a "maybe this could happen" bs idea written months before the oral arguments presented here:

Oral Argument Summary: McKeever v. Sessions

:21::114::auiqs.jpg::biggrin::laughing0301::laugh:

Copies of what?....charges against Russian companies he can never prosecute?.....he has nothing and if he were as smart as he is pompous he would have admitted so by now...so now since he has stretched this out to the extreme....he will be met with extreme embarrassment....
If all he had was simply charges against Russians do you think President Trump would be so dead set on demeaning Mueller and his team night and day, or try to fire him, or to belittle Sessions routinely for recusing himself from the Russian investigation, or to hire Giulliani as a PR Front man, or to fire Sessions and then side stepping the rules of succession for AG BY putting in his own unqualified ''acting AG'' without Senate confirmation to sabotage the investigation's report, and work so hard at brainwashing his followers in to believing its all a witch hunt before the results are made public... if it really did not involve him and his team conspiring with Russia?

I don't think so, and you shouldn't either....

post above proves:

hello?

You didn't follow up .

No?

what case before the Supreme Court did you post about? The imaginary one?

I posted you dumbass..

Can Mueller make copies?

there is no case before the Supreme Court that will be addressing this as a constitutional argument

LOL

poor little bear513 , Goldilocks must have pissed in his bed and shit in his porridge

I was asking nice..I couldn't figure out what happened to this and you had to attack me ?

‘Sleeper’ case could torpedo Mueller report

it's all over but the shouting... ;)

If Democrats win control of the House in November, the whole debate is likely academic. In that scenario, the House Judiciary Committee could subpoena any report as part of an impeachment inquiry. A judge would likely approve that request because of a D.C. Circuit ruling in 1974 that approved transmission of a report to the House on President Richard Nixon’s actions in Watergate'

Democrats did win the House.

Can Mueller make copies?

there is no case before the Supreme Court that will be addressing this as a constitutional argument

LOL

poor little bear513 , Goldilocks must have pissed in his bed and shit in his porridge

I was asking nice..I couldn't figure out what happened to this and you had to attack me ?

I attacked you? wtf?

Dear snowflake, I apologize.

What are you talking about? Go back and read the thread

actually, what I posted was: "not really. you're confused -- again"

it was in reply to: A supreme Court case about it right now

and I have no idea why you put a video of President Clinton in there. weird

If Democrats win control of the House in November, the whole debate is likely academic. In that scenario, the House Judiciary Committee could subpoena any report as part of an impeachment inquiry. A judge would likely approve that request because of a D.C. Circuit ruling in 1974 that approved transmission of a report to the House on President Richard Nixon’s actions in Watergate'

fade to black with music in the background...

Democrats singing...

:21::114::auiqs.jpg::biggrin::laughing0301::laugh:

Copies of what?....charges against Russian companies he can never prosecute?.....he has nothing and if he were as smart as he is pompous he would have admitted so by now...so now since he has stretched this out to the extreme....he will be met with extreme embarrassment....

That's dumb.

Why are you Trumpsters so worried about Mueller's report. If Trump is innocent, you have nothing to worry about.

Can Mueller make copies?

LOL

Yes there is and I posted it.

Can Mueller make copies?

LOL

I attacked you? wtf?

Bill Clinton?

What the fuck you talking pussy boi..

Can Mueller make copies?

LOL

Sleeper’ case could torpedo Mueller report
It might even keep the special counsel from sending a report to Congress, shaking Democrats’ hopes that such a document could provide the impetus for impeachment proceedings.

By JOSH GERSTEIN

08/27/2018 05:06 AM EDT

A little-noticed court case stemming from the apparent murder of a Columbia University professor six decades ago could keep special counsel Robert Mueller from publishing any information about the Trump campaign and Russia that he obtains through a Washington grand jury.

The substance of the case is entirely unrelated to Mueller’s investigation into whether any of President Donald Trump’s associates aided Russia’s efforts to intervene in the 2016 election.

Story Continued Below

But if a Washington appeals court set to hear the murder-related case next month sides with the Justice Department and rules that judges don’t have the freedom to release grand jury information that is usually kept secret, it could throw a monkey wrench into any plans Mueller has to issue a public report on his probe’s findings, lawyers following the issue said.

And it might even keep the special counsel from sending a report to Congress, shaking Democrats’ hopes that such a document could provide the impetus for impeachment proceedings against the president.

Can Mueller make copies?

LOL

I attacked you? wtf?

I've noticed on USMB a lot of folks resort to repeating the same opinion over and over, insist on the last word/comment and start shouting juvenile names to prove that they are right, despite a lack of any credible evidence. Case in point with bearboy.

Can Mueller make copies?

LOL

I attacked you? wtf?

I've noticed on USMB a lot of folks resort to repeating the same opinion over and over, insist on the last word/comment and start shouting juvenile names to prove that they are right, despite a lack of any credible evidence. Case in point with bearboy.

So do you know what happened to that case, dumb fuck?

And I provided evidence you just don't want to read it

The pentagon papers were top secret that Daniel Ellsberg took and released and the Supreme Court ruled that he didn't commit espionage or break the law because the papers were of great interest to the public.... in other words, we had a right to know what was in them.... or something like that....

The case against the NY Times was dismissed on First Amendment grounds before the Supreme Court. Ellsberg got off because of prosecutorial misconduct, namely the break in to get Ellsberg's medical records, and illegal wiretapping. The judge contended that the case was irreparably tainted and threw it out.

Forum List

Back