Can Sarah Palin Win? ...You betchya!

I know this will provoke the lefties to come out of the woodwork and perform the familiar Sarah-bashing ritual, which always accompanies the mention of her name in politics. I know that so-called righties will weigh in to tell us how Palin is inadequate and unsuitable as a candidate. And I fully realize, such a candidacy would draw fire from the left, center, and right, like no one else who could be nominated. That's why it should be Sarah Palin!

The more I listen to her speak, the more I am convinced she is the voice conservatives need. Yeah, I know a lot of people don't like her, but a lot of people don't like Obama, right? A lot of people HATED Ronald Reagan. Generally speaking, the more the other side hates your guy/gal, the more it proves you've got the right person. There is no one on the right the left hates more than Sarah Palin, since George Bush can't run again. I say, GO FOR IT!

Let's nominate Palin, and maybe have Palin add Rand Paul or Marco Rubio as VP, and let's see what she can do? I think she could do very well, especially if she learns to deal with the left's constant attacks. What Reagan did, was pop them in the kisser with their own rhetoric. He would turn their criticism into a moment of levity with an incontrovertible sense of humor, and that's what Palin needs to do as well. When they launch a personal salvo attack, respond by turning it into humor, then quickly fire back about 3-4 conservative platform points, and move on. Eventually, what starts to happen (it did with Reagan) is the 'attacks' no longer work, and the public becomes more interested in the humorous response to the attacks. When the polls start dramatically shifting, they change strategy quickly, and the personal attacks stop.

Once this weapon is removed from the left, they will begin to attack Palin on policy ideas, and this is where I think Palin would change perceptions about her knowledge and ability to understand the problems we face as a nation, and how to deal with them. Let's face it, this is currently her biggest knock. Because we are stuck in this perpetual personal attack cycle, her ideas and knowledge are largely ignored. But if she can ever overcome that, which I fully believe she can if she follows Regan's model, then she could certainly end up being a conservative juggernaut. No one else on the right, even comes close in terms of appeal and charisma.

The left hates her, makes fun of her, even DARE the right to run her! The indies and elites, dislike her, because she is a populist who doesn't really concern herself with party politics. The libertarian conservatives suffer from brain damage, and can only vote for Gary Johnson or people with the last name, Paul. None of these types are EVER going to support Sarah Palin, she can't WIN their support, it's not possible. It's like Obama winning the racist Hillary vote, it's not going to happen, but it doesn't matter.

I honestly think, we should give the liberal lefties what they want, and run Sarah Palin! Especially, if we can give her a majority conservative congress in the process. Certainly Sarah is smart enough to sign legislation, and that's really most of what she would be doing. As for decisions regarding foreign policy and the middle east, I think she can do as good of a job as the current bunch has done, she certainly couldn't screw it up more.

Besides, I would PAY to see a Palin-Hillary debate!
I totally agree. Palin should run for president. The only thing that would make me happier is seeing Herman Cain run again. Heck, I might become a Republican again so I can vote for her in the primary.

you'd think she'd be better at speaking given she was a communications major. Instead we have her "word salad" XD :lol:

I know this will provoke the lefties to come out of the woodwork and perform the familiar Sarah-bashing ritual, which always accompanies the mention of her name in politics. I know that so-called righties will weigh in to tell us how Palin is inadequate and unsuitable as a candidate. And I fully realize, such a candidacy would draw fire from the left, center, and right, like no one else who could be nominated. That's why it should be Sarah Palin!

The more I listen to her speak, the more I am convinced she is the voice conservatives need. Yeah, I know a lot of people don't like her, but a lot of people don't like Obama, right? A lot of people HATED Ronald Reagan. Generally speaking, the more the other side hates your guy/gal, the more it proves you've got the right person. There is no one on the right the left hates more than Sarah Palin, since George Bush can't run again. I say, GO FOR IT!

Let's nominate Palin, and maybe have Palin add Rand Paul or Marco Rubio as VP, and let's see what she can do? I think she could do very well, especially if she learns to deal with the left's constant attacks. What Reagan did, was pop them in the kisser with their own rhetoric. He would turn their criticism into a moment of levity with an incontrovertible sense of humor, and that's what Palin needs to do as well. When they launch a personal salvo attack, respond by turning it into humor, then quickly fire back about 3-4 conservative platform points, and move on. Eventually, what starts to happen (it did with Reagan) is the 'attacks' no longer work, and the public becomes more interested in the humorous response to the attacks. When the polls start dramatically shifting, they change strategy quickly, and the personal attacks stop.

Once this weapon is removed from the left, they will begin to attack Palin on policy ideas, and this is where I think Palin would change perceptions about her knowledge and ability to understand the problems we face as a nation, and how to deal with them. Let's face it, this is currently her biggest knock. Because we are stuck in this perpetual personal attack cycle, her ideas and knowledge are largely ignored. But if she can ever overcome that, which I fully believe she can if she follows Regan's model, then she could certainly end up being a conservative juggernaut. No one else on the right, even comes close in terms of appeal and charisma.

The left hates her, makes fun of her, even DARE the right to run her! The indies and elites, dislike her, because she is a populist who doesn't really concern herself with party politics. The libertarian conservatives suffer from brain damage, and can only vote for Gary Johnson or people with the last name, Paul. None of these types are EVER going to support Sarah Palin, she can't WIN their support, it's not possible. It's like Obama winning the racist Hillary vote, it's not going to happen, but it doesn't matter.

I honestly think, we should give the liberal lefties what they want, and run Sarah Palin! Especially, if we can give her a majority conservative congress in the process. Certainly Sarah is smart enough to sign legislation, and that's really most of what she would be doing. As for decisions regarding foreign policy and the middle east, I think she can do as good of a job as the current bunch has done, she certainly couldn't screw it up more.

You're stupid.

Please nominate her.

i know this will provoke the lefties to come out of the woodwork and perform the familiar sarah-bashing ritual, which always accompanies the mention of her name in politics. I know that so-called righties will weigh in to tell us how palin is inadequate and unsuitable as a candidate. And i fully realize, such a candidacy would draw fire from the left, center, and right, like no one else who could be nominated. That's why it should be sarah palin!

The more i listen to her speak, the more i am convinced she is the voice conservatives need. Yeah, i know a lot of people don't like her, but a lot of people don't like obama, right? A lot of people hated ronald reagan. Generally speaking, the more the other side hates your guy/gal, the more it proves you've got the right person. There is no one on the right the left hates more than sarah palin, since george bush can't run again. I say, go for it!

Let's nominate palin, and maybe have palin add rand paul or marco rubio as vp, and let's see what she can do? I think she could do very well, especially if she learns to deal with the left's constant attacks. What reagan did, was pop them in the kisser with their own rhetoric. He would turn their criticism into a moment of levity with an incontrovertible sense of humor, and that's what palin needs to do as well. When they launch a personal salvo attack, respond by turning it into humor, then quickly fire back about 3-4 conservative platform points, and move on. Eventually, what starts to happen (it did with reagan) is the 'attacks' no longer work, and the public becomes more interested in the humorous response to the attacks. When the polls start dramatically shifting, they change strategy quickly, and the personal attacks stop.

Once this weapon is removed from the left, they will begin to attack palin on policy ideas, and this is where i think palin would change perceptions about her knowledge and ability to understand the problems we face as a nation, and how to deal with them. Let's face it, this is currently her biggest knock. Because we are stuck in this perpetual personal attack cycle, her ideas and knowledge are largely ignored. But if she can ever overcome that, which i fully believe she can if she follows regan's model, then she could certainly end up being a conservative juggernaut. No one else on the right, even comes close in terms of appeal and charisma.

The left hates her, makes fun of her, even dare the right to run her! The indies and elites, dislike her, because she is a populist who doesn't really concern herself with party politics. The libertarian conservatives suffer from brain damage, and can only vote for gary johnson or people with the last name, paul. None of these types are ever going to support sarah palin, she can't win their support, it's not possible. It's like obama winning the racist hillary vote, it's not going to happen, but it doesn't matter.

I honestly think, we should give the liberal lefties what they want, and run sarah palin! Especially, if we can give her a majority conservative congress in the process. Certainly sarah is smart enough to sign legislation, and that's really most of what she would be doing. As for decisions regarding foreign policy and the middle east, i think she can do as good of a job as the current bunch has done, she certainly couldn't screw it up more.

Besides, i would pay to see a palin-hillary debate!

you're stupid.

$Satute-of-libery-crying.jpg I could not even bear the thought of a Palin Presidency!

Many righties here have wondered why lefties keep bringing up Sarah Palin. The obvious answer to that is that the lefties would like nothing more than to shine the spotlight on her absolutely as much as possible. She's a net win for them.

But what's even better for the lefties is a thread like this, where a righty really thinks she's wonderful and could win. This thread's gotta be like freakin' Christmas morning for them. So those who question why the lefties keep bringing her up -- this thread is another great reason.

It occurs to me that Sarah Palin and Tim Tebow are similar - he's a lousy quarterback who has a small but solid and unshakeable fan base because he's good-looking, conservative and deeply religious. His form and mechanics are awful, but he sure looks good. His team -- when he has a team -- doesn't want to admit it in public, but the distraction of his presence combined with his lack of ability are a real pain in the butt for them.

His fans forgive the fact that he's a lousy quarterback, and demand that he's a featured (if not leading) part of a team. His fans steadfastly refuse to admit that he's probably hurting his team more than helping it. They love him, and they're simply going to forgive and/or ignore his glaring weaknesses no matter what.

Amazing to watch. Enjoy, lefties.

Sarah-Palin.jpg
th

Last edited:

rofl

So would I. It would be hilarious.

It's amazing that much of the base still doesn't realize how badly they lost in 2012, and why.

Say what you will about her, whenever her bus pulls into town, thousands are there to see her, and this happens all over the country, wherever she goes. The woman is the only personality in America who can Twitter something, and make the evening news.

Well, not the only person. Branjolina could roll into town and there would be thousands there to see them; if they posted something on Twitter, it would make the evening news. Should we elect them for Mr. and Ms. President?

Being popular, attracting crowds, being notorious and considered news worthy (by some), etc., does not equate with people taking her seriously enough to make her president.

I agree with those who say she could run for congress. In her home state, is she popular enough to win?

Say what you will about her, whenever her bus pulls into town, thousands are there to see her, and this happens all over the country, wherever she goes. The woman is the only personality in America who can Twitter something, and make the evening news.

I keep seeing the well-reasoned and brilliant argument presented, that "Palin is Stupid," but the thing I keep failing to see, is the evidence. It sounds a bit like a baseless opinion, because it is almost never presented with an example of said "stupidity." When I have pressed people on these examples, I usually get some example of something Palin never actually said, but was part of a skit on SNL, or some gross misinterpretation of something she did say. It seems as though people have judged her based on rhetoric from her detractors, and they are going to defiantly refuse to open their minds.

Again, the key to Palin being successful, would highly depend on her ability to change perception, and that starts with ending the personal attacks and rhetoric strategy of the left. Reagan was a master of this, some idiot liberal would throw something stupid at Reagan, and he would make them look like fools for bringing it up, and then fire off a series of sensible and pragmatic policies average Americans could relate to. He made the left look like absolute nut cases, and they had to abandon their strategy. He was beating their brains out in the polls, because people laughed along with him about the silliness of his rivals, and before they knew it, he was connecting with them about policy.

Reagan freaking LIVED for a nutbag liberal to hurl some stupid personal insult at him! He could knock those out of the park every time, and eventually, the personal attacks about his age, acting career, etc., all stopped. It was because he found a way to turn their strategy on them, and that is what Palin would need to do, or ANY candidate, for that matter.

Remember the 30,000 who showed up in support of Mitt Romney at that big rally in Ohio just before the election? Republicans were certain they were going to win Ohio and the election based on all the great turnout at rallies such as that one. What happened was that those on the fringe, the far right, got so riled up that they all showed up for these rallies. What was missing were the people in the middle. You can't win without them, and right now the Republican Party has lost most of them.

Forum List

Back