Can someone explain why we can't just give freedom a chance?

Name a period in our history when Americans had more freedom than they have today......I'll wait

Name a time in our American history, except during the Civil War, WW1, and WW2, when Americans had LESS freedom than we have today..........we'll wait.

It's a shame to see a seemingly intelligent person (you), who is so drunk on the leftist Kool-Aid that he/she has lost any semblance of honesty, integrity, and objectivity.

A time when Americans had less freedom than today? How about when blacks were not free to mingle with whites? How about when women and gays were restricted in the military? How about when blacks and whites could not marry? When women could not apply for most jobs?

We have much more freedom today than we used to

There are some former homeowners in New London that might disagree with your stupidity.

Our society today provides more freedom to its people than that of the founding fathers

You shot yourself in the foot by super-imposing the word "society" onto what should have said "federal government." Which is philosophically and logically incorrect. Words cannot describe your ignorance and your disrespect. How I pity you.

You want to talk federal government?

How about the federal government of our founding fathers insisted on keeping men in slavery? How about the federal government not allowing women to vote or own property? How about the freedom the federal government provided native Americans?

Comparing the freedom provided by our founding fathers to the freedom we have today is a joke

You realize freed people of color fought alongside Washington right? Your history is jacked up. Also, yes we all know Andrew Jackson was an asshole. Lastly, you FALSLY ASSUME that those milestones in freedom could not happen without federal government authority. Yeah maybe that's debatable...but sad for you IT HAS NO PURPOSE IN THIS TOPIC. Please...how is government OVERREACH a good thing? Where do you draw the line? I draw the line at the constitution and that line has been crossed. What is your threshhold? Do you even have one? Do you even critically think about things like that? Would it take a government agent to sneak into your room and literally rape you for you to say, "Yeah that is going a bit too far."? What will it take?

Last edited:
Name a period in our history when Americans had more freedom than they have today......I'll wait

Name a time in our American history, except during the Civil War, WW1, and WW2, when Americans had LESS freedom than we have today..........we'll wait.

It's a shame to see a seemingly intelligent person (you), who is so drunk on the leftist Kool-Aid that he/she has lost any semblance of honesty, integrity, and objectivity.

A time when Americans had less freedom than today? How about when blacks were not free to mingle with whites? How about when women and gays were restricted in the military? How about when blacks and whites could not marry? When women could not apply for most jobs?

We have much more freedom today than we used to

Freedom would necessarily mean that which is shared by everyone. Not that someone has a particular freedom because the freedom of someone else has been taken away.

Blacks now have the freedom to sit at any lunch counter they want, but they have this freedom only because the freedom of the lunch counter owner has been taken away.

The loss of personal freedom we have today is tremendous. Go into some neighborhoods, the windows and doors of homes are barred. The inhabitants may not venture out of their doors after dark. Children don't play outside and dare not go to the park. Certainly these people have very little personal freedom. The reason they have such little personal freedom is because the government is protecting the rights and freedom of the very people who are making others prisoners in their own homes.

You shot yourself in the foot by super-imposing the word "society" onto what should have said "federal government." Which is philosophically and logically incorrect. Words cannot describe your ignorance and your disrespect. How I pity you.

You want to talk federal government?

How about the federal government of our founding fathers insisted on keeping men in slavery? How about the federal government not allowing women to vote or own property? How about the freedom the federal government provided native Americans?

Comparing the freedom provided by our founding fathers to the freedom we have today is a joke

You realize freed people of color fought alongside Washington right? Your history is jacked up. Also, yes we all know Andrew Jackson was an asshole. Lastly, you FALSLY ASSUME that those milestones in freedom could not happen without federal government authority. Yeah maybe that's debatable...but sad for you IT HAS NO PURPOSE IN THIS TOPIC. Please...how is government OVERREACH a good thing? Where do you draw the line? I draw the line at the constitution and that line has been crossed. What is your threshhold? Do you even have one? Do you even critically think about things like that? Would it take a government agent to sneak into your room and literally rape you for you to say, "Yeah that is going a bit too far."? What will it take?

The founding fathers owned other human beings. That shows their commitment to individual freedom.......only for white males

My threshold is individual freedom of American people and we have much more freedom to be employed, live where you want to live, marry, join the military, vote, go where you want to go than in any time in our history.

Last edited:
Americans today have more freedom to get a job, live in the neighborhood of their choice, join the military, marry, go where they want, eat where they want....than in any time in our history......all thanks to the Federal Government

Why can't the federal government just stick to the constitution? Since when has this become a bad thing? I don't understand...republicans complain, democrats complain, our whole system is just whiners with no real solution...when the solution is right in front of us. That's right. I am talking about the damn United States Constitution. All the rules are in place...but we don't follow them. The federal government grows and grows and grows, seizes power that by design the 10th amendment is supposed to protect, etc. etc. Maybe the reason why the country is declining economically, morally, etc. is because we strayed from our foundation...the foundation of liberty secured primarily by local government.

God help us.

Probably because if there were very limited government, the corporations would enforce their will with their own armies as the East India Company did at the peak of its power.

Americans today have more freedom to get a job, live in the neighborhood of their choice, join the military, marry, go where they want, eat where they want....than in any time in our history......all thanks to the Federal Government

All thanks to the Federal Government taking away people's freedom to do with their own property as they wish and to associate with whom the wish.

Imposing on others isn't freedom, except in the twisted mind of a shithead liberal.

Last edited:

All thanks to the Federal Government taking away people's freedom to do with their own property as they wish and to associate with whom the wish.

Imposing on others isn't freedom, except in the twisted mind of a shithead liberal.

Sure it is....

The government has no obligation to enforce or condone your denial of freedom to others.

Civil Rights legislation was the most significant grant of individual freedom in a hundred years. More evidence of the federal government protecting the freedom of it's citizens

Yeah RW, and I know you are a fucking idiot so I am going to let you being too dumb to answer the question posed slide and simply restate it more simply for your pea brain:

How far would the government have to go in taking freedom AWAY before you say enough is enough? Would you let an agent of the government anally rape you? Or is that too much power? Where do you draw the line personally?

Sure it is....

The government has no obligation to enforce or condone your denial of freedom to others.

Civil Rights legislation was the most significant grant of individual freedom in a hundred years. More evidence of the federal government protecting the freedom of it's citizens

no one is advocating against the amendment process, dipshit.

Yup, people aren't free to be racist or bigotted now LOL!

That passport for Canada sucks- many thank to Boooosh's BS homeland security overreach...

And guess what, ACA will make for more freedom. States rights is code for less freedom-

Yeah RW, and I know you are a fucking idiot so I am going to let you being too dumb to answer the question posed slide and simply restate it more simply for your pea brain:

How far would the government have to go in taking freedom AWAY before you say enough is enough? Would you let an agent of the government anally rape you? Or is that too much power? Where do you draw the line personally?

What a ridiculous response.........not worthy of reply

Sure it is....

no one is advocating against the amendment process, dipshit.

What does the amendment process have to do with it? There were no amendments granting civil rights protections, womens rights in the workplace, gay rights........all examples of the federal government protecting freedom

And your preposterous claim that the feds follow the Constitution was? :lol:

And your preposterous claim that the feds follow the Constitution was? :lol:

It sure is until you can prove otherwise

Number of Reasons:
Government fears the loss of power and control that comes with Freedom and Liberty.
Some people fear it because with Freedom comes personal responsibility and that is the last thing they want.

Forum List

Back