Can someone please explain what Trump did that was illegal.....LOL

He came off as very small and petty.
I completely disagree... He came off as humble, honest, objective, and fair minded. His testimony today will go a long way towards his credibility which is important in a "he said, he said" situation. Against a guy like Trump who consistently lies and manipulates and can't for the life of him admit he is ever at fault... It is a no brainer on who the more trustworthy of the two is.
I disagree. HIs credibility today wasn't as damaged as some make it out to be, but he came across as vindictive and the entire performance struck of payback.

Comey came across very credible in some aspects of his testimony. In others, I think he came across as covering his ass. He made a huge mistake letting it out that he was a leaker, but that wasn't the biggest hit to his credibility. I think that the biggest hit to his credibility was his mealy-mouthed way in which he tried to justify not having to report to Sessions about his claim that 'He took Trump's sentence as a direction". If that had actually been the case, he was obligated to report up the chain to a superior. He was obligated to do so right after the meeting, in fact.

So, I think that Comey tried to walk the fine edge, and fell off. There was reputational damage to Trump for those who were on the margins of support for him. Those who opposed Trump didn't and wouldn't have had their minds changed, regardless.

I think we're just going to have to wait for the Special Prosecutor.
You may not like any of the actions that Comey took and you may not agree with his justifications but what has he LIED about? He has definitely been controversial in his actions but he has always came across as a straight forward and honest guy. I can paint this board with Trumps lies and half truths, what has Comey lied about that makes you doubt his word?

He was set up with many opportunities to accuse Trump today during the hearing and he didn't take them. He stopped many of the narratives that tried to get Trump for obstruction and only talked about his account and experience.

As for your last point, I really don't understand... What do you think would have happened if Comey went to Sessions and said Trump told me he hopes the Flynn investigation ends soon and I think it was obstruction... He would have been laughed out of the room and fired the next day. It was inappropriate, but not obstruction, he was fine to sit on it, his actions were logical. The fact that he was fired for not obeying Trumps wishes, that is flirting with obstruction.
Well, should we begin with the possibility that he may have perjured himself with regard to leaking information to the Judicial Committee? Should we talk about the fact that he claims he woke up in the middle of the night with some epiphany that he better put his side out to the press because Trump made a tweet about tapes and none of that strikes anyone as true? He claims he memorialized his meetings, but what is he actually saying? He wrote down everything he heard? How do we know that? He's already lied with regard to the Clinton investigation. He lied about the thousands of additional emails from Uma's laptop, but then had to go back and correct it with a few dozen.

You're not the only one who could paint this forum with lies told by the participants in this fiasco.

So let Me ask you, what makes you so sure he is telling the truth? I see no reason to take his word for anything, just as I don't take Trumps word for anything.

Sorry, but Comey managed to harm Trump a bit, and damage himself a bit. What do we have for it?

Those who don't like Trump still don't and wouldn't if Comey said that Trump was clean as the driven snow.

Those who support Trump will continue to support him regardless of what Comey said.

Those who were on the fence with regard to Trump will stop and evaluate their position a bit more, those who were on the fence against Trump will stop and evaluate their postion a bit more.

In the end, no ones mind was changed and no ones mind will ever be changed in the current climate.

So, we are back to having to wait for the Special Prosecutor to finish his investigation. The circus act at the Congress will continue and no one will do anything about anything.
You didn't name one lie by Comey in that rant. Him "leaking" information is not lying. He didn't lie about the additional emails they found... There were 1000's but most were duplicates, they didn't know that until after they investigated and compared them to the batch they had already vetted.

He lied about "intent" being necessary to prosecute Hilary...he lied that she didn't show intent by destroying evidence......and by getting her people to destroy evidence....

I completely disagree... He came off as humble, honest, objective, and fair minded. His testimony today will go a long way towards his credibility which is important in a "he said, he said" situation. Against a guy like Trump who consistently lies and manipulates and can't for the life of him admit he is ever at fault... It is a no brainer on who the more trustworthy of the two is.
I disagree. HIs credibility today wasn't as damaged as some make it out to be, but he came across as vindictive and the entire performance struck of payback.

Comey came across very credible in some aspects of his testimony. In others, I think he came across as covering his ass. He made a huge mistake letting it out that he was a leaker, but that wasn't the biggest hit to his credibility. I think that the biggest hit to his credibility was his mealy-mouthed way in which he tried to justify not having to report to Sessions about his claim that 'He took Trump's sentence as a direction". If that had actually been the case, he was obligated to report up the chain to a superior. He was obligated to do so right after the meeting, in fact.

So, I think that Comey tried to walk the fine edge, and fell off. There was reputational damage to Trump for those who were on the margins of support for him. Those who opposed Trump didn't and wouldn't have had their minds changed, regardless.

You may not like any of the actions that Comey took and you may not agree with his justifications but what has he LIED about? He has definitely been controversial in his actions but he has always came across as a straight forward and honest guy. I can paint this board with Trumps lies and half truths, what has Comey lied about that makes you doubt his word?

He was set up with many opportunities to accuse Trump today during the hearing and he didn't take them. He stopped many of the narratives that tried to get Trump for obstruction and only talked about his account and experience.

As for your last point, I really don't understand... What do you think would have happened if Comey went to Sessions and said Trump told me he hopes the Flynn investigation ends soon and I think it was obstruction... He would have been laughed out of the room and fired the next day. It was inappropriate, but not obstruction, he was fine to sit on it, his actions were logical. The fact that he was fired for not obeying Trumps wishes, that is flirting with obstruction.
Well, should we begin with the possibility that he may have perjured himself with regard to leaking information to the Judicial Committee? Should we talk about the fact that he claims he woke up in the middle of the night with some epiphany that he better put his side out to the press because Trump made a tweet about tapes and none of that strikes anyone as true? He claims he memorialized his meetings, but what is he actually saying? He wrote down everything he heard? How do we know that? He's already lied with regard to the Clinton investigation. He lied about the thousands of additional emails from Uma's laptop, but then had to go back and correct it with a few dozen.

You're not the only one who could paint this forum with lies told by the participants in this fiasco.

So let Me ask you, what makes you so sure he is telling the truth? I see no reason to take his word for anything, just as I don't take Trumps word for anything.

Sorry, but Comey managed to harm Trump a bit, and damage himself a bit. What do we have for it?

Those who don't like Trump still don't and wouldn't if Comey said that Trump was clean as the driven snow.

Those who support Trump will continue to support him regardless of what Comey said.

Those who were on the fence with regard to Trump will stop and evaluate their position a bit more, those who were on the fence against Trump will stop and evaluate their postion a bit more.

In the end, no ones mind was changed and no ones mind will ever be changed in the current climate.

So, we are back to having to wait for the Special Prosecutor to finish his investigation. The circus act at the Congress will continue and no one will do anything about anything.
You didn't name one lie by Comey in that rant. Him "leaking" information is not lying. He didn't lie about the additional emails they found... There were 1000's but most were duplicates, they didn't know that until after they investigated and compared them to the batch they had already vetted.
When he told the Judicial Committe under oath that he had never leaked information and then stated he leaked the information to the NYT's is an outright lie.

Thanks for proving My point. Those who are against Trump won't believe anything anyone says and so it goes on and on and on....

There is no Trump Homey fight, as Homey is the only one fighting and he is making a moron of himself.

That "intent" is a necessary requirement to prove Hilary violated the law. He listed her felonies one after another and then said that she had no intent to break the law......tell that to the submariner who took photos of his work station on the nuclear sub who is now serving 6 years in prison.....
You can call that poor judgement but not a lie.

Plus you are comparing photos taken of a nuclear reactor compartment aboard a submarine compared to what? 3 emails on a private server that you don't know the content of? They could be meeting agendas or fwds of news articles for all you know. Comey actually saw the info, he had the full scope of the situation, I think he is a better judge of the situation than you.

When he told the Judicial Committe under oath that he had never leaked information and then stated he leaked the information to the NYT's is an outright lie.

Thanks for proving My point. Those who are against Trump won't believe anything anyone says and so it goes on and on and on....

Mueller is going to have to arrest comey.....the memos are part of an ongoing investigation...and comedy leaked them.......they were not his private property, they were government work product when he was a federal employee.

He lied about "intent" being necessary to prosecute Hilary...he lied that she didn't show intent by destroying evidence......and by getting her people to destroy evidence....
Again, you get your talking points from bias news sources that only have access to a sliver of the real information. You are making an uninformed guess to fit a political agenda. Speak to matters that you can actually prove.

Again, you get your talking points from bias news sources that only have access to a sliver of the real information. You are making an uninformed guess to fit a political agenda. Speak to matters that you can actually prove.
So, you're a prosecutor and speak to direct lies told by...anyone?

Can you just try for a minute to be honest?

Comey said he never leaked any information to the press regarding the Clinton or Trump investigations... What he "leaked" to the Times was his account of an inappropriate meeting he had with Trump that led to his firing. Nothing to do with the investigations, not classified. Swing and a miss for ya.

I made a simple point that Comey is much more credible than Trump and his actions today reenforce that. I can make a list a mile long of PROVABLE lies from Trump. Just read his Twitter feed. You claim that Comey's words can't be trusted, yet you can't come up with a valid reason why

Mueller is going to have to arrest comey.....the memos are part of an ongoing investigation...and comedy leaked them.......they were not his private property, they were government work product when he was a federal employee.
Which investigation are they a part of? You do know that Comey met with Mueller before preparing his statement for his testimony today, right? They discussed what he could and couldn't talk about publicly. He got the green light to talk about his meetings with Trump, which is backed up by the memos.

I made a simple point that Comey is much more credible than Trump and his actions today reenforce that. I can make a list a mile long of PROVABLE lies from Trump. Just read his Twitter feed. You claim that Comey's words can't be trusted, yet you can't come up with a valid reason why
I have come up with valid reasons, and your statement that you can come up with a list a mile long is what you are claiming I'm doing.

I'm making the point that Comey has credibility problems in certain areas, which is a more honest reply than I've managed to get from anyone else, particularly with regard to the Presidency.

So, you'll forgive Me if I don't bother with the notion that you have some kind of proof that Comey is credible.

Comey said he never leaked any information to the press regarding the Clinton or Trump investigations... What he "leaked" to the Times was his account of an inappropriate meeting he had with Trump that led to his firing. Nothing to do with the investigations, not classified. Swing and a miss for ya.
I see. The fact that you disagree with Me makes Me dishonest. I've been much more honest than Comey has.

Now, have a nice day and you should work a bit more on your spin.

It's all over even that imbecile Maxine Waters has stop talking impeachment...what a waste of tax dollars this whole thing has been. Every American should be pissed at the dems and their butt hurt media over this.

I have come up with valid reasons, and your statement that you can come up with a list a mile long is what you are claiming I'm doing.

I'm making the point that Comey has credibility problems in certain areas, which is a more honest reply than I've managed to get from anyone else, particularly with regard to the Presidency.

So, you'll forgive Me if I don't bother with the notion that you have some kind of proof that Comey is credible.
Of course I don't have proof that anybody is credible. I think he had a stellar reputation and was well respected by members of both parties until this last election when he decided to go public with the findings of the Clinton investigation. I thought that was a mistake but I didn't find anything dishonest about it. Just like leaking the unclassified information from his memos is certainly not a dishonest thing to do. So i'm not seeing where the dishonesty is coming from that makes him not credible.

As for Trump, i'll save my fingers from unnecessary typing and just post a link:
All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

I see. The fact that you disagree with Me makes Me dishonest. I've been much more honest than Comey has.

Now, have a nice day and you should work a bit more on your spin.
I'm fine with differing opinions, i welcome the debate... but your last statement was dishonest. You claimed that Comey lied after making a statement saying he never leaked information about the Clinton or Trump investigations to the press... and then he leaked the details of his meeting with Trump after he was fired. Which happened after the testimony that you claimed he lied during...

You either knew that was a false comparison and were being dishonest or you were just mistaken. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and retract my dishonest statement and just go with you being mistaken... apologies.

Of course I don't have proof that anybody is credible. I think he had a stellar reputation and was well respected by members of both parties until this last election when he decided to go public with the findings of the Clinton investigation. I thought that was a mistake but I didn't find anything dishonest about it. Just like leaking the unclassified information from his memos is certainly not a dishonest thing to do. So i'm not seeing where the dishonesty is coming from that makes him not credible.

As for Trump, i'll save my fingers from unnecessary typing and just post a link:
Comey was doing a bad job of defending the nation. How many terror attacks have we had under his watch where the terrorists were already known by the FBI? He was a lousy FBI chief and I bet if they could speak freely the rank and file agents would agree with me. He almost had an agent walk out when he cleared Clinton on national TV cutting the legs out of any investigation of her.
We are lucky to be rid of that showboat tool, very lucky. He is a political hack with an ax to grind.

Comey was doing a bad job of defending the nation. How many terror attacks have we had under his watch where the terrorists were already known by the FBI? He was a lousy FBI chief and I bet if they could speak freely the rank and file agents would agree with me. He almost had an agent walk out when he cleared Clinton on national TV cutting the legs out of any investigation of her.
We are lucky to be rid of that showboat tool, very lucky. He is a political hack with an ax to grind.
Ok, that rant had nothing to do with the conversation but thanks for sharing

Can someone please explain what Trump did that was illegal
As far as I know, nobody who matters harbors a presumption that Donald Trump has anything illegal, at least with regard to the "Russia" matter. Be that as it may, there is circumstantially relevant information that militates for the existence of the "Russia" investigation in order to determine whether any illegal acts were committed and, if so, by whom. Additionally, Trump has a decades long track record of having no particular regard for what's legal and what's not. Trump in all likelihood isn't a violent criminal, but that the man is criminal isn't open to question.

In more distantly years gone by, Trump did somethings that could have lead to his arrest and conviction. Then there are the things he did that are civilly illegal even if not criminally:

In terms of acts for which Trump paid the penalty(s) for having committed them, there are at least a couple of those too.
Then there the things that haven't been examined in enough detail to know whether Trump committed an illegal act and/or that he proposed to do but has, thus far, not brought to fruition.

Excellent. Thanks for all that hard work.

Added to what we know trump is and what we know he has done is the list in my post above.

He's amazingly dishonest and corrupt.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Trump publicly stated to Lester Holt and the world that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation. What more proof does one need of obstruction of justice?
you have to cite a legality. given the scope of his power as President. i still don't hear the media talking about the art of the pardon.

Comey on the other hand shot himself in the foot. it's another abject failure. like the campaign and election, this latest attack was born from anger.

and the media can't fix it.... heh

Last edited:
In my mind this is no longer about Russian Collusion but rather Comey -Trump I said - he said.

Who's the liar? Who knows? Does it matter? Matter in what? The lines are becoming grayer and grayer. And in my mind, Who cares? I'd rather know what Congress is doing in making America work again.

The Trump-Comey fight is becoming sophmoric.
There is no Trump Homey fight, as Homey is the only one fighting and he is making a moron of himself.

I think Comey was fired and he was going to get "even." If Trump did anything wrong, this forthright Director would have hightailed to the DOJ... right? Right!
Prior to Comey being fired, Trump didn't do anything wrong except express his "hope" for Comey to drop the investigation... That might be inappropriate, and Comey handled it correctly by logging notes about the discussion and then meeting with his team to decide the proper actions to take. The debatable action that Trump took was in firing the guy in charge of the investigation. Add all that stuff up and it gets fishy. Comey had nothing to prove obstruction until he was fired and now the narrative flirts dangerously close to a case that can be made. We will see how Mueller treats it.
Muller.

Forum List

Back