Can someone tell me when it was that Gays had different drinking fountains?...

Where did I argue about separate but equal or against equality of the sexes? That is the shit you are shoveling

Men shower with men and use men's restrooms
Women do the same

What has changed?

Equality of the sexualities, quit deflecting, that is what gay rights are all about.

Get with today's realities.

You argue that heterosexuals can not be treated equally

Two gay men go to a gym, they can shower together, in the same room with the sex they are attracted too. Am I afforded the right to shower with the sex I find the most attractive? No, the gay goes home after enjoying the sight, I go to jail!

Equality my ass

Who gives a fuck?

Gays have always showered with you in a public shower. You just didn't know. Get the fuck over it. Gay rights is not about restrooms and showers.
It is about serving their country, having jobs, marrying the person they love

Grow the fuck up

YOU posted the meme and can't justify it.

Because you can't justify the new reality, that being that sexualities now trump gender, you go off as though things don't have to change, just because of change?

Oh, from the guy who earlier stated that he didn't care what his wife would think if she had to shower next to a strange naked man.

It is you, not I that are afraid of the brave new world of equality.

Equality of the sexualities, quit deflecting, that is what gay rights are all about.

Two gay men go to a gym, they can shower together, in the same room with the sex they are attracted too. Am I afforded the right to shower with the sex I find the most attractive? No, the gay goes home after enjoying the sight, I go to jail!

Equality my ass

Who gives a fuck?

Gays have always showered with you in a public shower. You just didn't know. Get the fuck over it. Gay rights is not about restrooms and showers.

Grow the fuck up

Because you can't justify the new reality, that being that sexualities now trump gender, you go off as though things don't have to change, just because of change?

Oh, from the guy who earlier stated that he didn't care what his wife would think if she had to shower next to a strange naked man.

Where did I post that my wife should shower with a strange naked man? Are you on drugs?

Who gives a fuck?

Grow the fuck up

Where did I post that my wife should shower with a strange naked man? Are you on drugs?

I asked in Post 572

Your answer is "who cares" in post 573

Obviously your drugs are more powerful than mine

I thought you use a rest room to piss or shit. Why does it matter if the person next to you is gay or not? Just use the loo, have a shower, and get the fuck out of there. No sense wondering if the buff dude next to you is gay. Who cares?

Is there a law against gay marriage? Yes or no? The answer is "no".

So if something isn't illegal, then what is it?

By arguing that gay men should stay in the shower room with hetro men. Men in one, women in the other you are saying that separate but equal works.

You don't get to post a meme implying it doesn't work, when clearly it's appropriate millions of time each and every day

Off on massive pointless tangents are we?

If you want to go to the communal showers, then go.

I bring up showers and you respond with grade school restrooms? Oh, my.....

You might want to check with city/county building code departments to see if the restroom requirements have been court challenged.

Just sayin

How are showers relevant to ANYTHING? Lots of public showers where you live?

That was the prime objection to gays in the military

Showers

Yeah, I know...that was the greatest fear of the phobes was the "gays in the showers, oh my"...ignoring the fact that gays had been showering with them since the advent of group showers (which, by the way, there are very few of in the military). I even provided a detailed article on it from an actual military member that Pop ignored, deciding to focus on the potential titillation...of which there really isn't any.

So let's examine the issue in a rational way. The cultural norm in this country has always been: men shower with men, and women shower with women. It is unusual, even for opposite sex couples, married or otherwise, to shower together as a part of normal, daily life (excepting when it's part of sexual play). This means that it's quite rare for men to shower with women, but extremely common for men to shower with other men, and women to shower with other women. Thus gay men have been showering with straight men all along; and lesbians have been showering with straight women. To a gay man or woman, it's not a unique situation to shower with someone of the same gender. Consequently, instances of ogling, misbehavior and harassment are relatively rare. Reducing this fact to a sound bite, the gay servicemember would say, "Been there, done that, no big deal."

For a heterosexual man, however, showering with a woman would be considered a rare treat, indeed. Straight men can readily identify their own sexual interest in that situation and thus project that interest onto gay guys. After all, the thinking goes, men are men. Thus the heterosexual serviceman assumes that the gay serviceman will have the same interest in him as he would in a woman in the shower. He doesn't consider the reality of the situation that gay men have been in showers with other men their whole lives and don't necessarily find it titillating.

Gays in the Showers! Oh My!

How to tell the gay guy in the shower: He's the one facing the wall, washing and getting the fuck out...he's got a date.

By arguing that gay men should stay in the shower room with hetro men. Men in one, women in the other you are saying that separate but equal works.

You don't get to post a meme implying it doesn't work, when clearly it's appropriate millions of time each and every day

It's funny...I haven't had to shower with anyone I wasn't sleeping with since boot camp. Do you guys like to shower together more than women?

Oh, my! There’s a gay dude in the locker room! Run!

Off on pointless tangents are we?

You argue that separate but equal does not work. I show it does millions of times each day.

It's funny...I haven't had to shower with anyone I wasn't sleeping with since boot camp. Do you guys like to shower together more than women?

You keep making my points for me.

You can shower in a gym shower room with yours, I can't.

I thought you use a rest room to piss or shit. Why does it matter if the person next to you is gay or not? Just use the loo, have a shower, and get the fuck out of there. No sense wondering if the buff dude next to you is gay. Who cares?

Correct, so why discriminate against heterosexual males who want to shower with the ladies at the gym. Why would they get arrested for showering with the sex they are most attracted to when gays get too?

Gee, I guess separate but equal works!

You argue that separate but equal does not work. I show it does millions of times each day.

LOL, I grew up with separate but equal.
You do not know what the fuck you are talking about.
You go ahead and continue to treat gay folk as "separate but equal" folk. Have at it.
But I will not stand for that so you need to get used to that fact.
I am no longer the maniac coming off the edge but in my older years with the scars to show from the past I am there to fight for the rights of anyone and everyone that is harming no one in pursuit of equal protection under the law. And your claims that gays have equal rights because they can marry someone they do not fall in love with are absurd.
And you know it yet keep offering it.
So just get used to it. Gay marriage is a non issue. Most folk know that now and from all political parties.

Do you have no understanding of cultural norms? Seeing women naked in the shower is not titillating unless we are alone and attracted to each other... and it's usually best if the shower is smaller...you need things to hold on to.

If you are uncomfortable showering in the gym because gay men might be in there showering at the same time, wear your gym clothes home and shower there.

Straight guys are much more likely to check each other out in the shower than gay men are.

Do you have no understanding of cultural norms? Seeing women naked in the shower is not titillating unless we are alone and attracted to each other... and it's usually best if the shower is smaller...you need things to hold on to.

If you are uncomfortable showering in the gym because gay men might be in there showering at the same time, wear your gym clothes home and shower there.

Straight guys are much more likely to check each other out in the shower than gay men are.

and as a lesbian, you know that, how?

1. You argue that separate but equal works. Thanks

2. You argue against equality of the sexualities. Thanks

Where did I argue about separate but equal or against equality of the sexes? That is the shit you are shoveling

Men shower with men and use men's restrooms
Women do the same

What has changed?

Equality my ass

If you go to the gym, you've been showering with gay men all along. What had changed? Nothing. Except your perception that you might somehow, strangely, be desirable to gay men.

Bull, explain the millions of dollars spent each year to repair those little holes in restroom partitions each year so gay men can check out other men in public restrooms across the country. They ain't putting them there to check on if the other stall has more toilet tissue then theirs!

And I have to chuckle at your "traditional" norms argument. As though you represent such traditions.

You just can't make this stuff up!

LOL, I grew up with separate but equal.
You do not know what the fuck you are talking about.
You go ahead and continue to treat gay folk as "separate but equal" folk. Have at it.
But I will not stand for that so you need to get used to that fact.
I am no longer the maniac coming off the edge but in my older years with the scars to show from the past I am there to fight for the rights of anyone and everyone that is harming no one in pursuit of equal protection under the law. And your claims that gays have equal rights because they can marry someone they do not fall in love with are absurd.
And you know it yet keep offering it.
So just get used to it. Gay marriage is a non issue. Most folk know that now and from all political parties.

You not only grew up with it, you experience it daily. This is too funny

I can't marry the one I might love also, I'm only allowed to marry one. If I fall in love with more than one the law excludes me from marrying another, even though all the parties agree.

Care to discuss why a marriage can only include two?

Bull, explain the millions of dollars spent each year to repair those little holes in restroom partitions each year so gay men can check out other men in public restrooms across the country. They ain't putting them there to check on if the other stall has more toilet tissue then theirs!

And I have to chuckle at your "traditional" norms argument. As though you represent such traditions.

You just can't make this stuff up!

LOL, you are a crazy hoot for sure.
Watch the Porkys movie as that is the best representation of holes being poked in walls for those seeking a thrill.
And that would be heterosexuals doing it.
But watch out Pop and do not bend down to pick up the hammer when you are poking a hole in the wall in the bathroom.
The gay boogeyman may be behind you. Be careful.

I know some gay people. They seem like decent people. I do not see why they should be treated like trash.

Forum List

Back