Can we finally admit that blacks are against SSM?

You mean every single black person on the entire planet Earth?

Are you really asking that? Or do you mean, "some" blacks?

Why do rw's just LOVE these idiotic blanket questions but can't answer the same question about themselfves?

Or are we still going to blame Mormons for the opposition?

In passing the amendment, many conservatives and African-Americans set political differences aside to vote along spiritual lines. Conservative Christians believe homosexuality is a sin and that traditional marriage between a man and a woman is ordained by God as a cornerstone of life.
In Charlotte-Mecklenburg, the strongest support came from the predominantly white suburban areas of Mint Hill and Matthews. Across town, voters in the African-American neighborhoods of Coulwood and Paw Creek voted almost 2 to 1 in favor. The margin was the same in predominantly black precinct 79 near Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
While the NAACP campaigned hard against the amendment, many black voters continued to see same-sex marriage not as a civil rights issue, but as a lifestyle choice with which they don’t agree.
“This amendment has always been about one thing and one thing only, marriage and family,” said Bishop Phillip Davis, pastor of Nations Ford Community Church, a black congregation in southwest Charlotte. “The voters of North Carolina have chosen to protect the soul of the state and the nation; that is marriage and family.”

Amendment One: N.C. voters approve measure to block same-sex marriage | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

I know one black who isn't against it. Why are you?

In passing the amendment, many conservatives and African-Americans set political differences aside to vote along spiritual lines. Conservative Christians believe homosexuality is a sin and that traditional marriage between a man and a woman is ordained by God as a cornerstone of life.
In Charlotte-Mecklenburg, the strongest support came from the predominantly white suburban areas of Mint Hill and Matthews. Across town, voters in the African-American neighborhoods of Coulwood and Paw Creek voted almost 2 to 1 in favor. The margin was the same in predominantly black precinct 79 near Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
While the NAACP campaigned hard against the amendment, many black voters continued to see same-sex marriage not as a civil rights issue, but as a lifestyle choice with which they don’t agree.
“This amendment has always been about one thing and one thing only, marriage and family,” said Bishop Phillip Davis, pastor of Nations Ford Community Church, a black congregation in southwest Charlotte. “The voters of North Carolina have chosen to protect the soul of the state and the nation; that is marriage and family.”

Amendment One: N.C. voters approve measure to block same-sex marriage | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Blacks are not a monolithic community regarding some issues. there are plenty of Blacks who are for "gay marriage", plenty who don't care either way, and plenty who are against it. I think it may tend to be regional and other demographic factors as well.

Isn't it interesting how some think all of one minority or another is like some kind of collective mind?

The most prominent black politician in the United States certainly seems to be for it.

before he was against it? oh wait.....:eusa_eh:

Etch-a Sketching only counts if you are a Republican.

Etch a sketch is when you have a strong public opinion on something and then you hold the opposite view depending on the last person you talked to.

You can't say that about Obama.

Hey, did Mitt save any car companies lately? He said he did. Or did he?

Blacks are not a monolithic community regarding some issues. there are plenty of Blacks who are for "gay marriage", plenty who don't care either way, and plenty who are against it. I think it may tend to be regional and other demographic factors as well.

Isn't it interesting how some think all of one minority or another is like some kind of collective mind?

Republicans are 90% white.

NO!

you've been reported.

AttackWatch

Attack-watch-button.gif

Republicans are 90% white.

95% of black voters went to the ballot for Obama and only 4% for McCain.

Breakdown of demographics reveals how black voters swept Obama into White House | Mail Online

:eusa_hand:

Question: Will Obama's "new" position on gay marriage alienate his black support at all?

Why would it? Who are they going to run and vote for, Mitt Romney? :lol:

I think a lot of them will just not vote. Those black folk down south would rather get hit by a truck then support homosexuals in anything

I'm not so sure about that. I think that he will still get that support if the agree with him on 9 or 8 out of 10 issues, the homosexual marriage thing is a minor issue in my opinion, especially when the right wing talking heads and the Romney campaign starts their ads. Those attacks will galvanize that community and make his support stronger.

That explains why whites are more likely to support SSM than blacks, doesn't it?

Newsflash: Just because you are an idiot doesn't mean I am.

Where did you get those "stats", was it a nationwide survey?

Newsflash: I'm not an idiot, your post above reflects who the idiot is.

It certainly is quite "telling". :)

Correct, thus the answer to the OP is ‘no.’

Question: Will Obama's "new" position on gay marriage alienate his black support at all?

No, it’s a political win/win. It will continue to energize Obama’s base, such as younger voters, and make the president more attractive to left leaning and progressive independents, as well as a good number of moderates.

Romney’s continued attack of the 14th Amendment with regard to equal access to the law for gays will further alienate him from the very voters he needs to win.

Those who disapprove of Obama’s position on the issue weren’t going to vote for him anyway.

Correct, thus the answer to the OP is ‘no.’

No, it’s a political win/win. It will continue to energize Obama’s base, such as younger voters, and make the president more attractive to left leaning and progressive independents, as well as a good number of moderates.

Romney’s continued attack of the 14th Amendment with regard to equal access to the law for gays will further alienate him from the very voters he needs to win.

Those who disapprove of Obama’s position on the issue weren’t going to vote for him anyway.

Excellent points.

I know one black who isn't against it. Why are you?

Because I'm not, I just enjoy mocking idiots like you.

That explains why whites are more likely to support SSM than blacks, doesn't it?

Newsflash: Just because you are an idiot doesn't mean I am.

Where did you get those "stats", was it a nationwide survey?

Newsflash: I'm not an idiot, your post above reflects who the idiot is.

Did you read my OP where it broke down the results by race?

before he was against it? oh wait.....:eusa_eh:

Etch-a Sketching only counts if you are a Republican.

Etch a sketch is when you have a strong public opinion on something and then you hold the opposite view depending on the last person you talked to.

You can't say that about Obama.

Hey, did Mitt save any car companies lately? He said he did. Or did he?

Would that be something like Obama supporting same sex marriage in 1996, losing it after he lost the election and found religion and decided to run as a Christian in 2004. then evolving to supporting civil unions in 2008, declaring his views were evolving in 2010, and finally supporting them today? At this rate he will be back to being a right wing Christian by the time the election rolls around in November.

Forum List

Back