Can women rock too?

Belinda Carlyle and Grace Slick, for two, and several newish bands have female frontswomen who are great, I see them every once in a while on late night TV, but I can't remember the band names. Belinda Carlyle has a great version of The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde, in French, that is killer on her Voila album; highly addictive, and not one you want to play while driving on the freeway ...
Belinda Carlisle's best...

ARe you serious? Belinda Carlisle? Rock???? I am talking about women who can ROCK THE HOUSE!

Haven't heard much of her work, have you.

Sure. I liked the Go Gos. Don't get me wrong, they are good at what THEY do, but I wouldn't consider it anywhere NEAR the rocking talent of Metallica. Let's do a comparison for an example. Here is one of the most rocking songs (that I know anyway) of the Go-Gos.

Now, I think they are good and I like all kinds of music, but let's now take a look at Metallica.

Geez, there is just no comparison to be made. Metallica out rocks those girls by 1000 degrees. :D

It just comes down to gender/sex differences. Girls have higher pitched voices, and if girls try to "dude out" too much, they look like lesbeans or like . . . trashy. I hate to say this about my own gender, but generally speaking dudes are a lot cooler and badder, at least when it comes to rock and roll music and sports. Just the way it is. That's okay though, we girls have our things going for us too. :D

All hail Metallica! :bowdown::bowdown:

..Was just looking. No Johnny Winter? Rick Derringer? No Styx? REO? Triumph? Grand Funk? WtF?

Joan Jett and Madonna? I can see giving Joan Jett a pass because she plays rock and roll.

No Jethro Tull either and . . . no IRON MAIDEN. :ack-1:

Their labels don't lobby for them. Not yet, anyways; it all depends on who owns their songbook, really.
No it is because they are soy boys and butch lesbians

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about Jethro Tull and Iron Maiden? :lol: Lol!

And then there's The Donnas. :blahblah:

Yes, I get it. You love the Donnas. They are not bad, but they are not of the caliber of Metallica either. They aren't bad for what they do, but they are quite generic sounding.

GFY. Donnas>Metallica. Oh yeah, I'll take Allison over Kirk Hammet any day!
Metallica is not, and never has been Rock and Roll.
PS: They ain't got titties!:p

Yes, I get it. You love the Donnas. They are not bad, but they are not of the caliber of Metallica either. They aren't bad for what they do, but they are quite generic sounding.

When I was a kid I didn’t like a lot of women singers but today I do. I didn’t love Aretha but I love Beyoncé. I love Taylor Swift but didn’t love Cher.

Women are better today

GFY. Donnas>Metallica. Oh yeah, I'll take Allison over Kirk Hammet any day!
Metallica is not, and never has been Rock and Roll.
PS: They ain't got titties!:p

They aren't that good. Maybe if I listened to them for any length of time, they would grow on me, but my first impressions from the songs you have posted are "meh."

When I was a kid I didn’t like a lot of women singers but today I do. I didn’t love Aretha but I love Beyoncé. I love Taylor Swift but didn’t love Cher.

Women are better today

I like women singers. I am talking about a specific genre of music though. I have a very varied taste in music, but in this particular genre, the men win, IMO. I don't know if there any women alive who could actually rock like Metallica; it is too "manly" even for a lesbean. :D It's the kind of music that makes you wanna go out and break stuff!!

Women are better today

I like women singers. I am talking about a specific genre of music though. I have a very varied taste in music, but in this particular genre, the men win, IMO. I don't know if there any women alive who could actually rock like Metallica; it is too "manly" even for a lesbean. :D It's the kind of music that makes you wanna go out and break stuff!!

She would have to be an amazing singer and they’d have to be great songs. You’re right no woman has done it yet. I bet pink could have pulled it off. I’d love to hear her do the scorpions Holiday

Women are better today

FYI: Allison Robertson is moar Rock and Roll than Kirk Hammet, true story.

She could be like..Angus Young's love child. She's badass.
Tbh, unless you can provide proof, there's been nothing better since.

Arianthi doesn't count. Not no real Rock n Roll, not really putting herself out there.

Last edited:

Women are better today

FYI: Allison Robertson is moar Rock and Roll than Kirk Hammet, true story.

She could be like..Angus Young's love child. She's badass.
Tbh, unless you can provide proof, there's been nothing better since.

:lol:

Forum List

Back