Can you list some Muslims that fight for peace?

Can you list some Muslims that fight for peace? These people work within the religion to strengthen ties with the west and advance peace. They pretty much want to live side by side with the west.

Can you name a Muslim that speaks out against the extremist?
Can you name a Muslim that speaks out against the violence and hatred they have for the west?
Can you name a Muslim that wants to work with us?

Who stands up for civilization and peace within the muslim world?

Fight for peace ... that's newspeak right ?...like Ignorance is strength and all that stuff ?

During the Vietnam era, you often heard that "fighting for peace is like fucking for chastity".

Can you list some Muslims that fight for peace? These people work within the religion to strengthen ties with the west and advance peace. They pretty much want to live side by side with the west.

Can you name a Muslim that speaks out against the violence and hatred they have for the west?

The Kurds.

2013-04-19-hijab.jpeg

2013-04-19-frozan.jpeg

slide_292351_2344995_free.jpg

slide_292351_2344997_free.jpg

slide_292351_2344999_free.jpg

slide_292351_2345003_free.jpg

slide_292351_2344994_free.jpg

'To Boston From Kabul, With Love': Beth Murphy On Why Afghans Held Her Sign (PHOTOS)

Those who do are targeted for death by other Muslims.

Ha ha ha. That's the same exact sign.

Nice photoshop work, NOT. They don't even brother making it look realistic.

A. http://www.masslive.com/living/inde...obel_peace_prize_to_receive_honorary_deg.html

Human rights lawyer Shirin Ebadi, first Muslim woman to win Nobel Peace Prize, to receive honorary degree from Westfield State University

B. Also Muhammad Yunus who won the 2006 Nobel for his work as founder of the Grameen Bank Foundation for the
most successful microlending program internationally to uplift the poor from poverty to break the cycle of oppression
(which of course prevents political takeovers by violent regimes)

List of Muslim Nobel Laureates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Banker to the Poor: The Autobiography of Muhammad Yunus, Founder of Grameen Bank. ISBN-10: 0195795377 & ISBN-13: 978-0195795370. ... “ Muslim Nobel laureates: ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_Nobel_laureates - Cached.

Muhammad Yunus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Yunus was born on 28 June 1940 to a Muslim family in the village of ... Professor Yunus was named "Nobel-Laureate-in-Residence" at Universiti Kebangsaan ...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Yunus - Cached

C. Mustafaa Carroll, Houston CAIR
His beliefs about Islam and religion in general, are consistent with both Christian and Constitutional principles. And plain common sense.

Yes

1. I have Muslim friends within the Peace and Justice activist community who are against violence everywhere, on all sides, and work for sustainable solutions that bring people together to invest resources more wisely. They believe in inclusion and building community outreach for lasting social change. Some of the most effective activists take Gandhi's approach of nonviolence, where the "fight for peace" is to overcome division that is exploited for political oppression, and not so much fighting as in militant defense.

Maybe it's because they are peaceful and nonviolent that you do not hear about them in the media
which only shines the spotlight on the jihadist terrorist violence that captures attention with more visual angry violence.

2. As for military defense, I am sure there are many loyal service officers who are Muslim.
I can ask around if you need to know specific names.

I'm sure there were some at the conference I went to, where a retired Veteran was honored by CAIR for his lifelong civil rights outreach work. I also met a Muslim college student who uses her poetry and spoken word to promote democracy and social change. If you look up some of the names of Human Rights lawyers in these countries fighting oppression, there is a very prominent woman lawyer at a university who won recognition for her work to fight for justice and democratic equality. I will try to find her name and see how many others working with her are also Muslim. Here's a link on her winning a Nobel Prize:

http://www.masslive.com/living/inde...obel_peace_prize_to_receive_honorary_deg.html

3. I am friends with Mustafaa Carroll of Houston CAIR who works with any person or organization concerned about civil rights and interest in combining cross-cultural outreach with community service to help people. He and Robert Muhammad of the nearest Mosque have Christian family, including traditional Baptist pastors, and work side by side with other community leaders and govt, especially on issues affecting the minority communities since the same solutions solve many of the same problems all groups have.

Maybe it's the Black community that has bridged this gap between Christian and Muslim; similar to how the Vietnamese have long cross-married between Buddhist and Catholic and do not have the same issues as other Americans do with understanding how "Buddhism and Christianity" can go together. Same with "Muslim/Christian."

Mustafaa believes in democratic/Constitutional principles as I do, so that's where we focus; we agree on the same basic approach to restorative justice to correct political problems.

He constantly speaks out, condemning any violence in the media tied to Jihadists, but most of his battles are fighting ignorance and fearful misperceptions in general. Blaming Islam for honor killings by Pakistani's is like blaming Hinduism for people in India burning widows on funeral pyres. The countries in Africa that impose shariah-law type punishments like cutting off hands for theft are dictator-like regimes and not democratic to begin with. So the problem is political. If those regimes used the Bible and Christianity to invoke authority, it would be as bad. Like extreme Zionist believers in Biblical Armaggeddon who wage war in Israel like the Jihadists.

Whatever problems other countries are having with abuses, it's because they don't have a strong Constitution as the US does,
which keeps most abuses in check. We have more problems with abuses of govt by political party than by religious groups.
Strong Constitutional standards keep religious and political groups in check, and that's what's missing from these other countries.

Either defending constitutional principles, or aligning on Christian scripture, is where I align the strongest with my Muslim friends.

My friend Mustafaa teaches about the democratic principles enforced by Mohammad, but these are taken for granted in America where there is already respect for those democratic principles here, so you won't see as much fighting in the media as you do in countries that don't have due process and petitioning protected. The people fighting for peace and justice through civil means will not be seen so much in the media, while the militants who use war and aggression get the attention easily.

4. The most heartfelt statement spoken out was actually the Uncle of the suspected bombers. That man made it clear that this radicalism is not what Islam is about; and he even offered to go himself to ask the families for forgiveness for what these nephews did.

5. My coworker at my night job is Muslim; he came from Africa as a businessman, so he works hard and knows the value of people's time and effort. Very sensible, straightforward and ethical. He fights every day to fix problems by younger workers without the same work ethics. Never ugly, constantly joking in good nature about the nonsense going on that just takes being a bit more conscientious to fix. So everyone respects him. He is the one who explained to me that the honor killing is mostly from the Pakistani culture taken to extremes, and the Shariah law happens in countries where the dictator/militant regimes take over.

Where Muslims practice in America, the alignment with Christian and with Constitutional principles normally prevents any conflict, so they can worship their own ways similar to how Hindus and Buddhists convene quietly in their own temples. Islam is very similar in tradition.

Where people get political, whether Christian or Muslim, if they don't respect religious freedom of others under the Constitution, any faith even Jehovah's Witnesses, get abused.
There are more Christian related religious abuses because there are more Christians.

6. I have another friend who would agree with you that there is a problem with Islam and how it is taught. He considers himself Buddhist Christian Muslim and Pagan. he says one problem is Islam only teaches to respect Jewish Christian and Muslim as being of God; while he believes in Pagan and Buddhist teachings as being true. While my friend Mustafaa teaches that Islam means all are free to follow their faiths, that Mohammad taught there is "no compulsion in religion." So he interprets peaceful coexistence as tolerance and respect for all faiths. My friend Ali also teaches it this way, respecting Buddhism also.

In general i find the fundamentalists in any faith even atheism or feminism who become problematic are the ones who "can't forgive." if you become hateful and reactionary rejecting others or groups, then that is what fuels political division that leads to abuse and violence. So the factor I find key is unforgiveness, independent of what faith you are.

I find people of ALL faiths and ALL backgrounds, even atheists and nonreligious, who fight to defend truth and democratic principles; and I find people in all groups who only fight for their own agenda while blaming some other group as the enemy.

the problem isn't Islam it's unforgiveness. So if Islam isn't taught correctly to include forgiveness as part of Christian scripture within Islam, then it's the lack of forgiveness that is causing the issues. This is true of all people from any group or background.

Last edited:
Perhaps I should start a thread.
"Name an American government since WWII that didn't start a war or have people murdered".

The Arab spring and Syria today.

Lots of Muslims were fighting for peace. We saw them being beaten and murdered in the streets.

Not all Muslims are like forum/blogging posting American patriots. Many Muslims actually fight and die for peace

Can you list some Muslims that fight for peace? These people work within the religion to strengthen ties with the west and advance peace....
I'm not sure that "strengthening ties with the West" is always compatible with "advancing peace." · ·
images

Can you name a Muslim that speaks out against the extremist?....
Nothing could be simpler: the Aga Khan and the Nizari community which he heads -- a branch of the Ismaili denomination of Islam, and closely allied to the Sufis -- who have been noted for centuries for their peacefulness.

Nizari

Isma'ilism holds that there are seven pillars in Islam, each of which possess both an exoteric outer (Zahir) expression, and an esoteric inner (Batin) expression.
Seven Pillars? That sounds familiar, doesn't it? · ·
idea.gif

1. Walayah (Guardianship) : cultivating a pure loving, affection, attachment and intimacy to God, manifested in the Prophets and the Imams by continually offering loyalty, allegiance, devotion and obedience to God, and those who manifest divine guardianship: the Prophets and Imams. For the Nizari, God is the true desire of every soul.
2. Taharah (Purity) : physical cleanliness, keeping a hygienic home, and personal presence, but also a purity of the heart and the soul.
3. Salah (Prayer) : Nizari Isma'ili as Imami Shia practice the Salaah according to the Ja'fari madhhab, which is performed to mark important festivals. Nizari more generally perform a ritual du'a three times a day. The Nizari, like the Sufi, practice dhikr "remembrance" of God, the Prophets and the Imams, which can take the form of a melodic communal chant or can be performed in silence.
4. Zakah (Charity) : Volunteering, and sharing of ones own knowledge or skills, as well as tithing. Nizari are encouraged to actively volunteer in the running of community spaces, and offering their specialized knowledge to the wider community, legal, medical, or more vocational expertise. Zakah also refers to tithing, Islamic tradition holds that Muhammad was designated to collect zakat from believers, it is now the duty to pay the Imam or his representative; to be redistributed in local, and international development.
5. Sawm (Fasting) : Fasting during the month of Ramadan and to mark the new moon is believed to be beneficial for those who are overwrought with the base ego; desire, rage, and the self. Isma'ili who are following the tariqah (path) seek to transcend the base ego so as to attain an inner being that is in harmony, they absorb food as nourishment for a healthy, peaceful, body and mind; as the more important fast is that of mind and heart, where one abstains from unworthy concerns and worldly thoughts, and can be broken by succumbing to the base ego, and its insatiable desires.
6. Hajj (Pilgrimage) : The pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in an individual's life. For the Nizari, there is also a fuller discovery to be made regarding life. The Imams spirit, both a spiritual and physical glimpse (Deedar) aid them in transforming themselves into spiritual beings they cease to be ordinary people existing within the exoteric reality, but journey to and discover an inner reality of life.
7. Jihad (Struggle) : is a struggle against deeply personal and social vices, such as wrath, intolerance, envy, and that which removes one from the ease of the divine presence. The struggle may also take the form of a physical war against those that harm the peace, either militarily or through subterfuge, with the aim of restoring or creating a just society. Isma'ili are instructed to avoid provocation, and use of force only as a final resort, and only in self-defense.
The Aga Khan, and the Ismailis in general, are quite enlightened and well worth supporting. Here is a link to the Aga Khan Development Network, which gives some description of their activities.

Those of you who are victims of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome might do well to consider (as best as you are capable) that there many differing denominations of Islam, just as there are of Christianity, and that there are considerable differences among them -- just as there are with Christianity.

Last edited:
here's another to add to the list [oops I see that Numan already posted this sorry!]:

41-year-old Prince Rahim Aga Khan, is a graduate of Brown University and currently involved in "poverty reduction efforts, notably micro-credit activities" through the Aga Khan Development Network, in places as far-reaching as Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/kendra-sp...s-marry-prince-rahim-210000678-us-weekly.html

I also read that the son of Bin Laden living in Great Britain is a peace activist and had done outreach with his wife with a shared interest in either arts, media or music I think.

A. Human rights lawyer Shirin Ebadi, first Muslim woman to win Nobel Peace Prize, to receive honorary degree from Westfield State University | masslive.com

Human rights lawyer Shirin Ebadi, first Muslim woman to win Nobel Peace Prize, to receive honorary degree from Westfield State University

B. Also Muhammad Yunus who won the 2006 Nobel for his work as founder of the Grameen Bank Foundation for the
most successful microlending program internationally to uplift the poor from poverty to break the cycle of oppression
(which of course prevents political takeovers by violent regimes)

List of Muslim Nobel Laureates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Banker to the Poor: The Autobiography of Muhammad Yunus, Founder of Grameen Bank. ISBN-10: 0195795377 & ISBN-13: 978-0195795370. ... “ Muslim Nobel laureates: ...
List of Muslim Nobel Laureates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cached.

Muhammad Yunus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Yunus was born on 28 June 1940 to a Muslim family in the village of ... Professor Yunus was named "Nobel-Laureate-in-Residence" at Universiti Kebangsaan ...
Muhammad Yunus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cached

C. Mustafaa Carroll, Houston CAIR
His beliefs about Islam and religion in general, are consistent with both Christian and Constitutional principles. And plain common sense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back