Can you name a more beloved comic actor today than Martin Short?

Short is still alive? Must have taken early retirement. Totally disappeared, like Three Amigos killed my career and living on a mountain top in Nepal disappeared.

^^^ I could be wrong but I believe Martin Short is Jack Frost in the third Santa Clause film which was released in 2006. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Can you name a more beloved comic actor today than Martin Short?

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Just someone who people just LIKE a lot and even feel a familiar kind of celebrity "love" about from afar.

My money is on Martin Short.

Funny AND beloved.

I think most comics today got their start in stand up, so that's really difficult. Not familiar with Martin Short though. If you had allowed stand up, I would have some suggestions. Oh well. :D

Seinfeld is both funny and beloved.
His legendary sitcom revolutionized sitcoms and is largely considered the best one ever.

His legendary sitcom revolutionized sitcoms and is largely considered the best one ever.

I agree that he's great, and Seinfeld is one of my favorite sitcoms, but he's a stand-up comic. The OP says no stand up comics. If that had not been a stipulation, it would make it a lot easier, since most of the comedians that I know of all got their start doing stand-up. Even Ellen Degeneres did stand-up.

What about that guy who played David Putty on Seinfeld and is now on "Rules of Engagement?" I can't remember his name and don't know if he was into the stand up comedy, but he is a funny guy. Most beloved? Don't know. :D

I agree that he's great, and Seinfeld is one of my favorite sitcoms, but he's a stand-up comic. The OP says no stand up comics. If that had not been a stipulation, it would make it a lot easier, since most of the comedians that I know of all got their start doing stand-up. Even Ellen Degeneres did stand-up.
You're right. I guess I didn't read it thoroughly.

I had to Google Image his name to know who he is. I know all of the other names mentioned here - so I can say that doesn't bode well for "America's most beloved..."

Most people do not even remember who Martin Short was or what was funny about him

Give me Dana Carvey or Rick Moranis any day

Jim Carrey. I looked him up, and it didn't mention he did any stand up comedy. He apparently got his start on Living Color. Anyone ever watch that show? It's pretty funny. :D

You're right. I guess I didn't read it thoroughly.

Not to sweat.

That's a common condition among Liberals.

Most people do not even remember who Martin Short was or what was funny about him

Both got started as stand up comedians, I think. That means they don't count.

Seinfeld was indeed in the top 10 of all time I would think.
But I don't know about "beloved"...as an example Jenna Fisher as Pam in "the Office"...hugely popular, her character was certainly in the top 10 most beloved.

Jenna Jis

Who can ever forget the "Church Chat" on SNL? Man that was funny!

Church lasy was always a crowd favorite.

And I'll give it to him and you that Dana Carvey is noth funny and beloved.

But he's no Martin Short.

When he appears on any late nighttalk shows he is hysterically funny, without fail. The crowds go nuts over him, without fail.

He's been in some significant films and he is currently seen in the new Fox hit comedy, Mullaney.

And once again, as usual, he is hysterically funny.

Here's the pilot episode of "Mulaney."

Forum List

Back