Candidate favorability ratings

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
Hillary Clinton has a favorability rating of 43%, which is higher than George Bush's approval rating upon leaving office (35%) and lower than Barack Obama's approval rating right now (51%)

Donald Trump has a favorability rating of 36%, which is 1% higher than that of George Bush upon leaving office, and 15% lower than Barack Obama right now.

My question - Why do you tools knowingly support candidates that are likely going to have an approval rating of 10% upon leaving office in 4 years? Hadn't you been through enough embarrassment with your previous respective presidents?

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump: Favorable/Unfavorable
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Clinton: Favorable/Unfavorable

Last edited:
I wonder how much oversampling it took to get that result.

I also wonder who taught you math, 55% is quite a bit higher than 43%.

How is 43% higher than 55%?
And considering you don't like government anyway, where do you come off advising anyone how to VOTE? Aren't you in to blowing shit up instead?

It is an average from all the polls. I am just the messenger.

What does math have to do with anything?

I made a mistake on Obama's approval rating, which I just fixed.

It is an average from all the polls. I am just the messenger.

What does math have to do with anything?

I made a mistake on Obama's approval rating, which I just fixed.

Well, math would state that 55% is greater than 43%...

Math would also state that when you over-sample, the expected result is biased.

Oh, my bad. I realized my mistake and fixed it.

And considering you don't like government anyway, where do you come off advising anyone how to VOTE?

I am not advising anyone on how to vote. I am wondering why anyone would want to subject themselves to 4 more years of embarassment.

My point is that both candidates have dirt low favorability ratings before entering office, and you guys are knowingly supporting two public embarassments for the next 4 years.

Well, math would state that 55% is greater than 43%...

I fixed that.

Math would also state that when you over-sample, the expected result is biased.

If you are implying that either candidate has a higher favorability rating, then you are delusional.

Half of both candidates supporters are just protest voting because they hate the other guy. It seems to me that their favorability ratings should be MUCH lower.

Oh, my bad. I realized my mistake and fixed it.

And considering you don't like government anyway, where do you come off advising anyone how to VOTE?

I am not advising anyone on how to vote. I am wondering why anyone would want to subject themselves to 4 more years of embarassment.

I am wondering why anyone would want to subject themselves to 4 more years of embarassment

How are you going to do that?

Find new candidates for both parties at this late date?

How are you going to do that?

Find new candidates for both parties at this late date?

I am a vocal proponent of not voting, ever.

For those that are voting, they should at least be weary enough to not go lionizing Trump or Clinton.

My point is that both candidates have dirt low favorability ratings before entering office, and you guys are knowingly supporting two public embarassments for the next 4 years.
Except Clinton. She'll fine, and I'm guessing no sex scandals...

Except Clinton. She'll fine, and I'm guessing no sex scandals...

I highly doubt that Clinton will have a higher approval rating than her current favorability ratings.

It is much more likely that it will tank to the lowest proportions in US history, rather than some naive fantasy that she is going to implement sweeping changes and win the hearts of the American people. Same with Donald Trump.

When, or if, you can run a valid third-party then you might have a chance. Whining about the other two isn't going to make that happen.

Yeah, you morons are not getting my point.

I am not criticizing you for voting for either candidate (not yet), but rather I am criticizing you tools for glorifying either candidate as the next Ronald Reagan or Franklin D. Roosevelt.

The alternative?

If there is no alternative I suggest we all cease and desist with all this nonsense about freedom, liberty, choice, representation and all the rest of the dishonest drivel and face the reality. Enough of us get there, we've got something to work with.

Last edited:
The alternative?

To not organize a parade for either Clinton or Trump, when the statistics heavily imply that either one of them will be the most hated president in United States history.
When, or if, you can run a valid third-party then you might have a chance. Whining about the other two isn't going to make that happen.

A third party will be valid if people vote for them. Why would it be the other way around? Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are on the ballot in enough states to be able to win the presidency through electoral votes. What other validity are you expecting?

If there is no alternative I suggest we all cease and desist with all this nonsense about freedom, liberty, choice, representation and all the rest of the dishonest drivel and face the reality.

Yes, I am quite tired of this inverted totalitarian oligarchy

At this point, I would much prefer living in a one party state rather than embracing all this imaginary bullshit.

Forum List

Back