Cannabis Sativa Finally Looks Like It Is Going To Win Out Against American Douchebaggery

Why should we say that? Most kids I knew smoked before they drank.
Do you presume those kids are representative of all kids?

Parental influence is the critical component in this issue. If parents lie to their kids about the supposed dangers of "smoking pot" the kids eventually will discover those warnings were fabricated and they will assume everything they are told about every other recreational substance is equally false.

There also is the lure of the illicit, which is a significant factor in juvenile marijuana use. The Netherlands decriminalized marijuana in 1976. Among the beneficial results has been a significant reduction in adolescent use. Because it is no longer illegal the kids have lost interest.

As my friend Pete Hamill has wisely observed, "If you want to make sure your kids brush their teeth, make it illegal."

After seeing the video, all two hours, I can say I never saw so much BS in one place in my life.
Please be more specific. Tell us what was presented which you believe to be false.
The assumption that ancient cultures had widespread drug abuse. The assumption, based on no evidence whatsoever that greek philosophers were drug abusers. The assumption, based on nothing, that Shakespeare was a drug user. Why? As one idiot said, his plays showed imagination.

The justification for legalization that in the 1800s drugs were uncontrolled and opium given to babies.

Like all drug users, the stupidity that was in that pile of manure claimed that many of our medicines come from various vegetation which means that ALL plants are "safe". Which is about the single most idiotic thing I've ever heard. No scientist would ever make such a claim.

Oh, lets not forget one of the more bizarre claims, the joy of getting high on snake venom. Where were the toads? They forgot toad licking. Darn it, they missed a popular if deadly form of slime.

Hey, if anyone is interested in the history of cannabis in this country, as well as how the marijuana industry is doing today, at 7:00 pm (CST), the History Channel is running 2 documentaries this evening (January 11th, 2016). I recommend watching it, because their documentaries give you the reasons that it was made illegal in the first place.

It will also help to dispel some of the wrong information that some people like to tout as gospel about cannabis.

BTW...................if anyone is interested in knowing the truth, the TRUE gateway drug is alcohol. Why? Because it lowers your inhibitions, and you are more likely to do something drunk that you would never do sober. Cannabis? Has no such effect, because if you wouldn't do something sober, you won't do it when you're stoned.
If you liked it, it was a propaganda piece. Many people start pot before alcohol. Fail.

Nope, sorry, grew up in the small towns of Montana, and never even saw any or heard of anyone in the school having any.

Beer on the other hand.................well..............let's just say that keggers were a regular event at my high schools.
Sorry, but the rest of the world is bigger than the small towns in Montana you lived in.
i went to HS in OC California.....saw cigarettes and beer before any pot and seen "whites" before pot too....

146473-3.jpg

Are there really any limp wristed dumbasses really scared of hemp and pot? This is one way to make America great again.

Thats just fine as long as kids under 18 don't get ahold of it. Its a scientific fact their frontal lobe has not finished developing yet, as in an adult. The frontal lobe is where decisions like right and wrong, judgement and critical thinking take place. Ever wonder why these kids shooting people in school are the way they are ? yes, we all know many of them have been given meds that know one REALLY know what the fuck it is doing in their brain.

If you can guarantee that more and more young kids won't get their hands on weed because its now legal and laying around the house, then Im fine with it

[...]

If you can guarantee that more and more young kids won't get their hands on weed because its now legal and laying around the house, then Im fine with it

The Netherlands decriminalized the adult use of marijuana in 1976. One of the outstanding results of that experimental action has been the significant reduction in use by adolescents. It seems that making marijuana legal eliminated the lure of the illicit and the kids have lost interest. They know that as soon as they turn 21 they can get all the pot they want. So, along with whiskey and beer, it's no longer an exciting prospect to them.

Aside from that the most important factor in preventing adolescent use of recreational substances is parental influence. If your kids respect you they will listen to what you tell them. Based on your awareness of the neurological damage any mind-altering substance can cause to the developing (adolescent) brain I would assume your children will pay attention to your warnings unless they are affected by self-destructive impulses. In which case nothing but the attentions of a competent behaviorist will deter them.

I've seen what pot does to people. It turns them into liars and saps them of their ambition. Legalizing pot would mean the price would go down and more people would start using it. The only reason anyone would want to legalize pot is because they are a pothead.

I've seen what pot does to people. It turns them into liars and saps them of their ambition. Legalizing pot would mean the price would go down and more people would start using it. The only reason anyone would want to legalize pot is because they are a pothead.
How many marijuana users do you know, or are you related to, who have been turned into ambitionless liars?

And what exactly is a "pothead?"

Hey, if anyone is interested in the history of cannabis in this country, as well as how the marijuana industry is doing today, at 7:00 pm (CST), the History Channel is running 2 documentaries this evening (January 11th, 2016). I recommend watching it, because their documentaries give you the reasons that it was made illegal in the first place.

It will also help to dispel some of the wrong information that some people like to tout as gospel about cannabis.

BTW...................if anyone is interested in knowing the truth, the TRUE gateway drug is alcohol. Why? Because it lowers your inhibitions, and you are more likely to do something drunk that you would never do sober. Cannabis? Has no such effect, because if you wouldn't do something sober, you won't do it when you're stoned.
If you liked it, it was a propaganda piece. Many people start pot before alcohol. Fail.

Nope, sorry, grew up in the small towns of Montana, and never even saw any or heard of anyone in the school having any.

Beer on the other hand.................well..............let's just say that keggers were a regular event at my high schools.
Sorry, but the rest of the world is bigger than the small towns in Montana you lived in.
i went to HS in OC California.....saw cigarettes and beer before any pot and seen "whites" before pot too....
Yeah, keep the dreamland theme going, that will work.

How many marijuana users do you know, or are you related to, who have been turned into ambitionless liars?

And what exactly is a "pothead?"
There's plenty on this board, liars and potheads. Often the same person. A pothead is someone that regularly uses pot, how can you be ignorant of that?

so what i say is a dream,but what you say is the truth?...yea lets talk about dreaming,you are as bad as your good friend dottie,he is the same way...

so what i say is a dream,but what you say is the truth?...yea lets talk about dreaming,you are as bad as your good friend dottie,he is the same way...
Yeah, I don't believe you, it isn't credible. Pot was very easy to get, alcohol, not so much.

Yeah, I don't believe you, it isn't credible. Pot was very easy to get, alcohol, not so much.
sorry the guys i knew were smoking cigs and drinking before pot in HS, pot was a pretty rare thing....i did not see lots of pot till 1st year of college...and even then i resisted until my second year....

sorry the guys i knew were smoking cigs and drinking before pot in HS, pot was a pretty rare thing....i did not see lots of pot till 1st year of college...and even then i resisted until my second year....
It's been very available since the very early 70s.

It's been very available since the very early 70s.
i went to HS in the late 60's,not very available then....

There is one exception to that: using cannabis can cause otherwise-rational people to repeat the word, "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!" dozens of times.

You deal with pot users every day, and you don't even know it.

Forum List

Back