Capitalism as we know it is on the ropes ...!

If the Republican majority is able to pass Tax 'Reform' the goal of the plutocrats will have been achieved. America will become a nation of the rich, for the rich and by the rich.

Mr. B. Franklin is alleged to have said, "you have a republic, if you can keep it". If Ryan, Trump and McConnell manage to get their way, we have pissed on the graves of every man and women who died for the great experiment in self government given to us by the founders.
America will become a nation of the rich, for the rich and by the rich.

It's never not been that, although I think it'd more apt to say "elite" than "rich." Why do you suppose that the Founding Fathers enacted land ownership requirements for voting? It wasn't to keep blacks suppressed, it was to keep "unwashed masses," that is to say non-elite whites -- those who had not the benefit of a fine education and familiarity with world in general -- from gaining control of, well, anything. The Founders didn't object so much to one's becoming elite, just with the notion of that those who, at any point in time, were not having much of a say in how the country was run. To be perfectly honest, I don't have much, if any, problem with the Founders' mindset in that regard.

The problem with your analysis rejects several movements to belie your conclusion, though I do agree that the power elite include more than the 1%ers.

Beginning with the Progressive Era efforts to make America more democratic and fulfill the vision in our most cherished documents, i.e. the Declaration of Independence and the Preamble to the Constitution, had moved us closer to the vision therein.

The movements to which I alluded to include:
  • Labor laws and labor unions
  • The right to vote
  • Tthe Civil Rights movement
  • The Miranda Decision
  • Ending separate but equal
  • Ending Jim Crow Laws
The efforts to undermine our democracy include:
  • Pretending we are solely a republic and drop the word democratic
  • Efforts to make voting more difficult
  • Overturn efforts to make equal rights and equal opportunity a reality
  • Using "Right to Work" as euphemism to destroy labor unions
  • Supporting the two Citizens United decisions
  • Efforts to control the Free Press and the Internet
  • Packing the White House with Yes White Men (and a couple of Yes Women, and on black man)

If a Left Winger won the lottery would they hate themselves for being rich?

I recall a great comic from the reagan years.

guy walked into a bar. A long haired bearded guy is drinking and looking very depressed.

Asked what the problem?

THe sad guy wrote a book called "Eat the rich" or something, made millions.

That day he got a call from his accountant gleeful over how much money the guy was saving from Reagan's tax cuts.

He was in despair and confusion.

lol!

We have pretty much always been a plutocracy, and it is not going to change. It is funny to watch the two parites and how they go about "governing".

The Dems like to pretend to be the party of the people and they will occasionally nominate a person for president that is not already one of rich and powerful.

The Repubs on the other hand do not even bother to pretend, when it comes nomination time you can be assured it will be a rich white dude that gets the nod.

Both parties despise the middle class and want to do away with it. The middle class has enough resources to not be easily controlled but not enough to be able to help fund the cause. So the middle class is being systematically destroyed by both parties, with about 15 to 20 percent moving up and the rest moving down. This new tax "reform" is just one more step in that direction.

I don't agree with your analysis. There is no pretense or false pathos inherent to the Democratic Party, and the last multi millionaire Democratic POTUS was JFK. There is however an interesting question which needs to be answered, and that is how so many members of Congress are multi-millionaires.

All government officials - elected, appointed and civil servants, need to annually report on their income and business interests. The odd (not so much since the rules are written by Pol) truth is the reporting is not enlightening as everyone who has done this for years knows.

A pol needs to play by the rules, sadly the rules were wiped out by the two Citizens United decisions which puts more power in the moneyed interests and created an already serious problem for members of legislatures and the Congress.

The first and most important reform needed is something which cannot be done, and that is to take money and promises out of the game. The classic Hopson's choice, take the money or be upset in the primary by someone who does.

Last edited:
The leftist traitors want government rule. They're too damn stupid to think on their own two feet.

It seems you've put both of your feet in your mouth, Trump is an authoritarian who is ruling by fiat. Leftist, in the extreme, are anarchists, conservatives are authoritarian and trump is a megalomaniac.

If the Republican majority is able to pass Tax 'Reform' the goal of the plutocrats will have been achieved. America will become a nation of the rich, for the rich and by the rich.

Mr. B. Franklin is alleged to have said, "you have a republic, if you can keep it". If Ryan, Trump and McConnell manage to get their way, we have pissed on the graves of every man and women who died for the great experiment in self government given to us by the founders.

Whine, tears and butthurt.

It's a great plan for anyone who isn't a total butthurt leftist loser. Such person doesn't pay taxes anyway, only freeloads, so he can shut up about others getting a break.
I did 35 years in a steel mill and 11 years working for a non profit. Go fuck yourself Norman. I`ve probably paid more in taxes than you`ve earned.

hyperbolic vaginal discharge aside, no one really likes the "tax reform' thingy anyway.

The leftist traitors want government rule. They're too damn stupid to think on their own two feet.

It seems you've put both of your feet in your mouth, Trump is an authoritarian who is ruling by fiat. Leftist, in the extreme, are anarchists, conservatives are authoritarian and trump is a megalomaniac.
It seems you not too bright. An authoritarian is needed, and was called for, to undo the leftist principles put in place my the Muslim Blamer.

Whine, tears and butthurt.

It's a great plan for anyone who isn't a total butthurt leftist loser. Such person doesn't pay taxes anyway, only freeloads, so he can shut up about others getting a break.
I did 35 years in a steel mill and 11 years working for a non profit. Go fuck yourself Norman. I`ve probably paid more in taxes than you`ve earned.

I've probably had more taxes withheld aleady this year than Norman has earned this year.

It seems you not too bright. An authoritarian is needed, and was called for, to undo the leftist principles put in place my the Muslim Blamer.

Please do NOT forget to also include "half-black" when slamming Obama....Otherwise, Alex Jones and David Duke would be very, very disappointed with you.

LOL I may not be too bright, but I'm not a dimwit. A nation build on the principles of ours does not need an authoritarian and especially not a megalomaniac as POTUS. Why do you think that's a good idea?

hyperbolic vaginal discharge aside, no one really likes the "tax reform' thingy anyway.

"hyperbolic vaginal discharge aside" would have better to be left aside.

LOL I may not be too bright, but I'm not a dimwit. A nation build on the principles of ours does not need an authoritarian and especially not a megalomaniac as POTUS. Why do you think that's a good idea?
We went to war to stop the spread of communism more than once...now we have to do it here at home.

We went to war to stop the spread of communism more than once...now we have to do it here at home.

You think we went to war to stop the spread of communism? :haha:

Which wars do you think we fought for such a thing?

Wait, let me guess, I bet you believe we invaded Iraq because of WMDs also

You think we went to war to stop the spread of communism? :haha:

Which wars do you think we fought for such a thing?

Wait, let me guess, I bet you believe we invaded Iraq because of WMDs also
WW 1
WW 2
Korea
VietNam
Can I assume you are a college graduate?

Forum List

Back