Capitalism responds to the crisis

If the journalist assumes news is accurate without verifying it some or much of what they report could be fake

He didn't assume anything. He reported what he was told. You once again didn't answer my question though.
Thats an assumption till it is verified

which is basic journalism 101

It is, which is why I provided other verified examples of the same type of things.
There is no verified evidence that the .58/$7 mask story is true

The company that is being accused is a Mexican company, not a US company. I researched the story. We still don’t have the name of the supplier in Mexico.

So, Scott Stein (that makes $1 million in compensation a year) the CEO of Pheobe Putney Health Care Systems is upset with a Mexican supplier for charging $7 for a .58 mask, while Pheobe Putney Health Care System is charging patients $25 for an aspirin that cost $.11, seems ironic.
Why do you point out how much he makes in compensation??

The head is about capitalism not the US specifically. The point still stands despite you not bothering to read the OP till now

I read the OP, the website would not let me watch the video, so unlike the lazy reporter I went looking for facts. So there are no laws in Mexico preventing this abuse, however the US has laws against it, but they don’t seem to apply for hospitals, go figure.

We also know your MO is to make the United States look bad.

Meanwhile, Britain had to make laws to cover this during your outbreak. Interesting, that only now your government cares about ripping the public off.
Curious that you think this is about making America "look bad". A Mexican company ripping off Ameican hospitals is anti American in what way ?

No, Tommy you purposely tried to make it look like US companies were doing this by not disclosing that it was a Mexican company and even after people mistakenly assumed it was a US company, you never attempted to correct it and most of us know why. Your are very transparent in your hate for my country when every thread attacks our system.
No I didn't. I provided a link that stated quite clearly it was a Mexican company.
But lets follow your argument. Even if it was an American company they would quite clearly be an enemy of the American people and worthy of criticism. Why would criticising an American corporation for ripping off American people be anti American ?
You make no sense.

The story contained nothing about which company was overcharging. Did the video? The video would load so I went and found a site that would load and that still didn’t later the fact you corrected no one calling it American. Your reputation and muck raking proceed you. The only reason you claim I don’t make sense is because I caught you again. You stay over in your perfect little world and leave us the hell alone. You have no vote, you aren’t a citizen, you are no better than the Russians that tried to influence our elections.
It was in the first few seconds of the video. I cant help the fact that your IT is not up to the job. You haven't caught me in anything you cheeky fucker. Just made yourself look stupid, again.

He didn't assume anything. He reported what he was told. You once again didn't answer my question though.

It is, which is why I provided other verified examples of the same type of things.

The company that is being accused is a Mexican company, not a US company. I researched the story. We still don’t have the name of the supplier in Mexico.

So, Scott Stein (that makes $1 million in compensation a year) the CEO of Pheobe Putney Health Care Systems is upset with a Mexican supplier for charging $7 for a .58 mask, while Pheobe Putney Health Care System is charging patients $25 for an aspirin that cost $.11, seems ironic.

He can take a pay cut if things are so rough for his staff, he seems just as greedy as the company charging $7 for a $.58 mask. Maybe his hospital wouldn’t need to charge $25 for a $.10 aspirin if the guy didn’t need to make 10 times more than his doctors make.

I read the OP, the website would not let me watch the video, so unlike the lazy reporter I went looking for facts. So there are no laws in Mexico preventing this abuse, however the US has laws against it, but they don’t seem to apply for hospitals, go figure.

We also know your MO is to make the United States look bad.

Meanwhile, Britain had to make laws to cover this during your outbreak. Interesting, that only now your government cares about ripping the public off.
Curious that you think this is about making America "look bad". A Mexican company ripping off Ameican hospitals is anti American in what way ?

No, Tommy you purposely tried to make it look like US companies were doing this by not disclosing that it was a Mexican company and even after people mistakenly assumed it was a US company, you never attempted to correct it and most of us know why. Your are very transparent in your hate for my country when every thread attacks our system.
No I didn't. I provided a link that stated quite clearly it was a Mexican company.
But lets follow your argument. Even if it was an American company they would quite clearly be an enemy of the American people and worthy of criticism. Why would criticising an American corporation for ripping off American people be anti American ?
You make no sense.

The story contained nothing about which company was overcharging. Did the video? The video would load so I went and found a site that would load and that still didn’t later the fact you corrected no one calling it American. Your reputation and muck raking proceed you. The only reason you claim I don’t make sense is because I caught you again. You stay over in your perfect little world and leave us the hell alone. You have no vote, you aren’t a citizen, you are no better than the Russians that tried to influence our elections.
It was in the first few seconds of the video. I cant help the fact that your IT is not up to the job. You haven't caught me in anything you cheeky fucker. Just made yourself look stupid, again.

Nope, you just played on it, you are scum and you keep getting exposed for being a hateful person. You go ahead and keep attacking, and we will just keep showing how disgusting a human being you are. Just stay the hell out of our elections, you Russian piece of crap.

Seeing this is a Mexican Company doing this should tell Tommy that he should not be making fun of this but should be angry at the owner of the Company and the Country of Mexico but instead Tommy want to play " Capitalism at it best " card while making him look stupid...

He can take a pay cut if things are so rough for his staff, he seems just as greedy as the company charging $7 for a $.58 mask. Maybe his hospital wouldn’t need to charge $25 for a $.10 aspirin if the guy didn’t need to make 10 times more than his doctors make.

Again, he likely is which is why many of us want reform.

I appreciate you helping to make that argument.

I never said anything about reform, I want reform, so I don’t know why you keep arguing with me about it.

I have trouble feeling sympathetic with a CEO that is bitching about overcharging when he does the same damn thing and no one says a word about it. He is what is called a hypocrite yet because he is bitching about capitalism, you nut jobs are sympathetic to him.
Plus the journalist is damn lazy and you defend second class, dumbass journalism.

Greed. Taking advantage of the situation. Capitalism.

That's just markets - supply and demand. Capitalism, as you say.

Stands to prove, capitalism doesn't care for, much less guarantee, keeping the medical personnel we rely on alive and healthy - the very folks working to keep us alive and healthy. There is a lesson in this for all those worshiping capitalism as some sort of ersatz-religion. That lesson should read like, whenever there's something you really care for, don't trust capitalism to attain it. Because, for whatever you really care, it's guaranteed capitalism does not.

I never said anything about reform, I want reform, so I don’t know why you keep arguing with me about it.

I have trouble feeling sympathetic with a CEO that is bitching about overcharging when he does the same damn thing and no one says a word about it. He is what is called a hypocrite yet because he is bitching about capitalism, you nut jobs are sympathetic to him.
Plus the journalist is damn lazy and you defend second class, dumbass journalism.

Is he likely a hypocrite? Yes, but that doesn't mean the issue isn't real.

No proof of the accusation being real or not. That is the claim, since no names or invoices are available, we have no idea if it’s true or not.

No proof of the accusation being real or not. That is the claim, since no names or invoices are available, we have no idea if it’s true or not.

This has been all over television.

Forum List

Back