Capitalism responds to the crisis

Will 3m ship all its masks to America till it catches up with demand?
Moving the goal posts- that wasn't you initial question and had you bothered yourself with reading you'd see where they're going.

Face mask supplier 'charging hospitals $7 for 58-cent masks' as coronavirus crisis escalates

$7 for a 58 cent mask.!! Are there no laws protecting the public from this sort of abuse ?

Ever run a business? This is not unusual. When I was in business, I would get a brake disc hardware kit for 70 cents and sell it for $19.95. The cost of the part was minute in comparison to the related costs of running a business.

Mark
No one runs a private business in the UK anymore
Will 3m ship all its masks to America till it catches up with demand?
Moving the goal posts- that wasn't you initial question and had you bothered yourself with reading you'd see where they're going.
Do you object to pointing out that you dont know if 3m will fill the needs of America first or not?

there are many ugly details to globalism that globalists want to ignore

So you prefer your assumptions but not mine?
Where did I say anything about assumptions? Speculation isn't, which is what I said you were doing and not reading the articles linked to validate your "assumptions"- there. You happy now?

So you prefer your assumptions but not mine?
Where did I say anything about assumptions? Speculation isn't, which is what I said you were doing and not reading the articles linked to validate your "assumptions"- there. You happy now?
i do not assume that every mask produced overseas (aka china) by 3M will absolutely be shipped to the US

But you might

i do not assume that every mask produced overseas (aka china) by 3M will absolutely be shipped to the US

But you might
I'm gonna do you a favor since your too intellectually dishonest to do it for yourself.

The 3M Company will send 500,000 respirators to New York and Seattle as the cities combat the COVID-19 outbreak, its CEO announced in a statement Sunday.

3M CEO and Chairman Mike Roman said in a statement that the American company has doubled its global output to 1.1 billion N95 respirators per year, amounting to 100 million per month. Factories in the U.S. alone are developing 35 million respirators per month.
Roman said that more than 90 percent of those respirators are going to health care workers, with the other portion going to other industries “critical in this pandemic,” like energy, food and pharmaceutical companies.

“As I write this, more than 500,000 respirators are on the way from our South Dakota plant to two of the more critically impacted areas, New York and Seattle, with arrivals expected starting tomorrow,” he said in the statement. “We are also ready to expedite additional shipments across the country.”

The company is aiming to double its global capacity to 2 billion within the next year. 3M is working with the U.S. and other governments to see if other manufacturing strategies or partnerships can expedite doubling the capacity.

Roman also said the company has maximized the production of other products related to fighting the virus, like hand sanitizers and disinfectants.

“We are all in this together, and 3M will continue to do all we can to help protect lives and get the world through this crisis,” he said in the release.
3M’s announcement came as state leaders are calling on the federal government to access medical supplies as hospitals and other health care facilities experience a lack of equipment because of the growing number of cases.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) called on the federal government Sunday to order the manufacturing of medical supplies, so states do not have to battle each other to get access.
New York and Washington states have been hit hard by the virus, with more than 15,000 cases and almost 2,000 cases, respectively. New York state has seen the most deaths with 117 followed by Washington state with 94, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
King County, which encompasses Seattle, has recorded 934 cases and 74 deaths alone.

Tags New York Washington respirators medical supplies Coronavirus COVID-19 Seattle

But you might
I'm gonna do you a favor since your too intellectually dishonest to do it for yourself.

The 3M Company will send 500,000 respirators to New York and Seattle as the cities combat the COVID-19 outbreak, its CEO announced in a statement Sunday.

3M CEO and Chairman Mike Roman said in a statement that the American company has doubled its global output to 1.1 billion N95 respirators per year, amounting to 100 million per month. Factories in the U.S. alone are developing 35 million respirators per month.
Roman said that more than 90 percent of those respirators are going to health care workers, with the other portion going to other industries “critical in this pandemic,” like energy, food and pharmaceutical companies.

“As I write this, more than 500,000 respirators are on the way from our South Dakota plant to two of the more critically impacted areas, New York and Seattle, with arrivals expected starting tomorrow,” he said in the statement. “We are also ready to expedite additional shipments across the country.”

The company is aiming to double its global capacity to 2 billion within the next year. 3M is working with the U.S. and other governments to see if other manufacturing strategies or partnerships can expedite doubling the capacity.

Roman also said the company has maximized the production of other products related to fighting the virus, like hand sanitizers and disinfectants.

“We are all in this together, and 3M will continue to do all we can to help protect lives and get the world through this crisis,” he said in the release.
3M’s announcement came as state leaders are calling on the federal government to access medical supplies as hospitals and other health care facilities experience a lack of equipment because of the growing number of cases.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) called on the federal government Sunday to order the manufacturing of medical supplies, so states do not have to battle each other to get access.
New York and Washington states have been hit hard by the virus, with more than 15,000 cases and almost 2,000 cases, respectively. New York state has seen the most deaths with 117 followed by Washington state with 94, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
King County, which encompasses Seattle, has recorded 934 cases and 74 deaths alone.

Tags New York Washington respirators medical supplies Coronavirus COVID-19 Seattle
Thanks for verifying that masked produced outside the US will not all go to fill US needs

“3M is working with the U.S. and other governments to see if other manufacturing strategies or partnerships can expedite doubling the capacity.”

But at least 3M is boosting production in the US which is far more important to me than what they make and sell everywhere else

5.gif

2aguy is the only “dumb ass” here ...

Business Insider CORRECTION: “An earlier version of this article incorrectly said SEIU United Healthcare Workers West itself would be selling the N95 masks. The union said Thursday that it was connecting the supplier to buyers and did not have a financial interest in the sales.”

Of course right wing media in this country spread the original “Fake News” lie everywhere, and dumb ass Trump supporters got their rocks off repeating it. They still are.

This was actually excellent work by the union trying to protect its members. There was never any plan to profit, but merely hard work digging up suppliers pledged to selling at the (still far too high) price of $5 apiece.

Last edited:
Face mask supplier 'charging hospitals $7 for 58-cent masks' as coronavirus crisis escalates

$7 for a 58 cent mask.!! Are there no laws protecting the public from this sort of abuse ?

Hey...dumb ass....here are your unions looking out for the little gun....

2aguy is the only “dumbass” here...

Business Insider CORRECTION: “An earlier version of this article incorrectly said SEIU United Healthcare Workers West itself would be selling the N95 masks. The union said Thursday that it was connecting the supplier to buyers and did not have a financial interest in the sales.”

Of course anti-union right wing media in this country spread this lie everywhere, and dumb ass Trump supporters got their rocks off repeating it.

This was actually excellent work by the union trying to protect its members. There was never any plan to profit, but merely hard work digging up suppliers pledged to selling at the (still too high) price of $5 apiece.

Oh yeah.....the union won't get any of that...........tell me about that bridge you are selling....

Forum List

Back