Car Dealers Now Remotely Disable Your Car If You Miss A Payment.

After looking at the payment disable device's design, if properly installed & activated, it should give warning buzzer days ahead. Then it will only disable the starter, so the vehicle will continue on until it is turned off. After that it will not start again. It also has integrated GPS tracking so they always know where the vehicle is located.

I watched a video today that said it might be possible for a hacker to break into your cars computer, command your airbag to deploy while you're travelling at high speed, and cause a serious if not fatal accident.
These missed payment devices only interrupt the starter if hacked. It will only prevent the car from being started if hacked. It is not as risky as hacking the cars main computer to let air out of tires, disable brakes, explode airbags, kill engine, etc. all while it is flying down the road.

If you need a car and have bad credit or a history of missing payments, This is what you end up with.

Don't like it? don't get the loan....take the fucking bus.

Consider the OP source. Not the deepest starfish in the ocean if ya get my drift...
No doubt he'll be telling us any minute now how the lady in the article was a "slut" who was using the car to bring a "gang" to a "white dude's door".

The board notes you evaded the issue and stooped to namecalling. Thanks for admitting i'm right.
the board notes you still havent proved that the President is the one who sets the Postage Rates as YOU claimed....

Um... what do liberals have to do with this? :dunno:

Only welfare bum types get these disablers attached to the car and all welfare bums are libs.

Looks like a lot of cars in trailer parks in jesusland won't be running, they should do it with trailer houses too

5378d1362680744t-how-move-car-hates-roll-into-garage-3920365677_ef2001a409.jpg
you should either lose weight or tuck in your shirt.....you look like a slob Guno....but hey...neat car....

Liberals will howl but without these devices lots of people couldn't get cars at all.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/09...ype=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&src=twr&_r=1&

sep 24 2014

Ms. Bolender was three days behind on her monthly car payment. Her lender, C.A.G. Acceptance of Mesa, Ariz., remotely activated a device in her car’s dashboard that prevented her car from starting. Before she could get back on the road, she had to pay more than $389, money she did not have that morning in March.

“I felt absolutely helpless,” said Ms. Bolender, a single mother who stopped working to care for her daughter. It was not the only time this happened: Her car was shut down that March, once in April and again in June.

This new technology is bringing auto loans — and Wall Street’s version of Big Brother — into the lives of people with credit scores battered by the financial downturn.

Auto loans to borrowers considered subprime, those with credit scores at or below 640, have spiked in the last five years. The jump has been driven in large part by the demand among investors for securities backed by the loans, which offer high returns at a time of low interest rates. Roughly 25 percent of all new auto loans made last year were subprime, and the volume of subprime auto loans reached more than $145 billion in the first three months of this year.

But before they can drive off the lot, many subprime borrowers like Ms. Bolender must have their car outfitted with a so-called starter interrupt device, which allows lenders to remotely disable the ignition. Using the GPS technology on the devices, the lenders can also track the cars’ location and movements.

I'm a life long liberal and I think that it's a good idea.

I've done collections and it's a horrible job. I feel sorry for those who can't pay their bills but there's a lot of help out there and a lot of ways to be responsible for your debts.

If a person can't or won't pay for their car then they should trade it in for one they can afford or don't have one at all.

Interesting, from my experience in life, it's conservatives who believe they have a right to everything but don't have to pay for what they take.

Last edited:
I get why its being done, but I do feel for those who fall behind due to unfortunate circumstances that couldn't have been prevented which is what I guess was dumped on that woman's plate.

God bless you and the woman and her daughter always!!!

Holly

My sister has that system set up in her vehicle. When she is late on her payment a sensor starts beeping to warn her. Sometimes she may be behind on her payments, but just like any company you pay bills to they are usually lenient, as long as you call them and explain the situation. You can almost always set up a payment arrangement. In the end they just want their money.

Exactly.

Thank you.

I see cause for concern here but not alarm.

We do need to be sure these cars are not disabled while driving, and they are not supposed to be.

We probably need to be sure some warning is given and I bet it usually is.

And we probably need to be sure when someone turns off their car on vacation in Death Valley it is not disabled....then again in an emergency I call an ambulance....of course I have health insurance that is decent unlike the poor folks this targets.

People and their new cars and payments. I have three cars, none of which are newer than a 98.

The warning is given. In the contract, the terms of the loan and the six months of hey you are late notices.

The warning is given. In the contract, the terms of the loan and the six months of hey you are late notices.

If you want a neg make a clueless comment about my political affiliation.

those were the days my friend

those were the days

--LOL

you might have to update that

Um... what do liberals have to do with this? :dunno:
They think everything should be free.

-- link?
Link to what? Someone doesn't make their payments and still thinks they should keep the car. The thought process is pretty clear.

Link to document your blanket statement of course. Are you like, a slow reader or just dense?
Until you can back that up, the original question stands. To wit: what does any of this have to do with "Liberalism"?

We continue to wait on that.

Forum List

Back