Caroline Kennedy: Ambassador to Japan?

I'm sure there will be some sort of right wing opposition to it, even though it doesn't really matter. We could make Flava Flav ambassador to Japan, and I'm not sure it would affect our relations much.

I agree. Why not? She very well educated, very knowledgeable, very intelligent. She has more experience dealing with international people than most ambassadors. As far as her being liberal as opposed to conservative, it is well known Democratic presidents tend to appoint Democratic ambassadors and Republican presidents tend to appoint Republican ambassadors, so that really is no issue. Caroline Kennedy is far more qualified to be an ambassador anywhere in the world than most people who are appointed to an diplomatic position as most of them are just cronies of the current administration with little international experience. As well, her family name is well known and respected world wide, which will be to her advantage in that position. Does appointing Shirley Temple as an ambassador make more sense?

Last edited:

I agree. Why not? She very well educated, very knowledgeable, very intelligent. She has more experience dealing with international people than most ambassadors. As far as her being liberal as opposed to conservative, it is well know Democratic presidents tend to appoint Democratic ambassadors and Republic presidents tend to appoint Republican ambassadors, so that really is no issue. Caroline Kennedy is far more qualified to be an ambassador anywhere in the world than most people who are appointed to an diplomatic position as most of them are just cronies of the current administration with little international experienced. As well, her family name is well known and respected world wide, which will be to her advantage in that position. Does appointing Shirley Temple as an ambassador make more sense?

International people? Yup, Caroline Kennedy is exactly who I'd pick if I wanted someone to bridge the gap between Americans and International people... :cuckoo:

I agree. Why not? She very well educated, very knowledgeable, very intelligent. She has more experience dealing with international people than most ambassadors. As far as her being liberal as opposed to conservative, it is well know Democratic presidents tend to appoint Democratic ambassadors and Republic presidents tend to appoint Republican ambassadors, so that really is no issue. Caroline Kennedy is far more qualified to be an ambassador anywhere in the world than most people who are appointed to an diplomatic position as most of them are just cronies of the current administration with little international experienced. As well, her family name is well known and respected world wide, which will be to her advantage in that position. Does appointing Shirley Temple as an ambassador make more sense?

International people? Yup, Caroline Kennedy is exactly who I'd pick if I wanted someone to bridge the gap between Americans and International people... :cuckoo:
Well, she has certainly travelled a lot, and lived in other countries as a child. The family always had homes in interesting places.

Well, she has certainly travelled a lot, and lived in other countries as a child. The family always had homes in interesting places.

You do understand that, when rich people travel, they don't meet normal people.

I'd certainly believe that about the Romneys.

Only thing I see in her background that would qualify her is the name and the fact she supported Maobama, all things considered it's a cheap way for another Kennedy to get a title. I hope she does well.

Hmmmm.... Well, if it were me... I'd ask you Liberal numbskulls what it's like to have your noses so far up the Kennedy's assholes?

You people have so much class.

You people???? Racist. So sorry that your dreams of a Kennedy Monarchy were shattered.

All you do with a post like this is prove my point. BTW, I think you mean bigot, not racist. You need to work on your vocabulary, in a number of ways.

Last edited:

She is not just a rich person. Not by a long shot. She is the daughter of a former president, a niece and cousin of senators and congressman. Someone who has met a great many of the most important people in the world of international relations. Someone whose name is well known and respected around the world. Someone who is very intelligent, a published author and researcher, and highly educated. Most ambassadors do not have her credentials.

I wonder, do those who think she is inappropriate have any problem with Shirley Temple being an ambassador? Why is a movie star an appropriate person to be an ambassador as opposed to a highly educated, published author with international contacts? Your only problem with Caroline Kennedy is that she is a Democrat. Period.

Forum List

Back