Caroline Kennedy: Ambassador to Japan?

Well, she has certainly travelled a lot, and lived in other countries as a child. The family always had homes in interesting places.

You do understand that, when rich people travel, they don't meet normal people.

She is not just a rich person. Not by a long shot. She is the daughter of a former president, a niece and cousin of senators and congressman. Someone who has met a great many of the most important people in the world of international relations. Someone whose name is well known and respected around the world. Someone who is very intelligent, a published author and researcher, and highly educated. Most ambassadors do not have her credentials.

I wonder, do those who think she is inappropriate have any problem with Shirley Temple being an ambassador? Why is a movie star an appropriate person to be an ambassador as opposed to a highly educated, published author with international contacts? Your only problem with Caroline Kennedy is that she is a Democrat. Period.

You want me to trot out all the idiots that call the Kennedys American Royalty just to shove your face in the fact that you just made my fracking point for me?

I'm sure there will be some sort of right wing opposition to it, even though it doesn't really matter. We could make Flava Flav ambassador to Japan, and I'm not sure it would affect our relations much.

There would be right wing opposition if Obama nominated Mitt Romney for the position. Their opposition has nothing to do with the person nominated, and everything to do with Obama. The right just naturally opposes ANYTHING he does and can NEVER give him credit, even when he's right.

Well, she has certainly travelled a lot, and lived in other countries as a child. The family always had homes in interesting places.

She is not just a rich person. Not by a long shot. She is the daughter of a former president, a niece and cousin of senators and congressman. Someone who has met a great many of the most important people in the world of international relations. Someone whose name is well known and respected around the world. Someone who is very intelligent, a published author and researcher, and highly educated. Most ambassadors do not have her credentials.

I wonder, do those who think she is inappropriate have any problem with Shirley Temple being an ambassador? Why is a movie star an appropriate person to be an ambassador as opposed to a highly educated, published author with international contacts? Your only problem with Caroline Kennedy is that she is a Democrat. Period.

This would be her first high-profile political position that I'm aware of. She's only been active politically since Obama's 2008 campaign, where she stumped for him and served on his VP search committee. It may not be well known, but her uncle Ted is the one behind pushing Obama onto the national stage and this ambassadorship may be Obama returning the favor, IF she has elected office ambitions.

Think...the Presidency after Obama term limits out. Is she the designated heir apparent and this important diplomatic post an entre' into a presidential campaign?

We'll see.

Hmmmm.... Well, if it were me... I'd ask you Liberal numbskulls what it's like to have your noses so far up the Kennedy's assholes?

You people have so much class.

You people???? Racist. So sorry that your dreams of a Kennedy Monarchy were shattered.

And you post this after the Dynastic rule of the Bushes.

Sweet.

Aren't YOU PEOPLE looking to run Jeb?

:lol:

Does anyone doubt that her family name plays a part in the decision to make her an ambassador?

I mean, she may be 100% qualified, but then too I have little doubt many people are.

Her Grandfather Joe Kennedy was ambassador to England. They ran him out of the country for supporting the Nazis

International people? Yup, Caroline Kennedy is exactly who I'd pick if I wanted someone to bridge the gap between Americans and International people... :cuckoo:

You really don't know anything about the Kennedys do you? But it is consistent with your ignorance of every topic.

The Kennedys have always been devoted to social justice. Bobby and Ted were champions of the poor, the disenfranchised and the oppressed. Eunice devoted her life to the mentally handicapped. And Bobby's son Joe II created Citizen's Energy to offer free heating oil to the poor and elderly.

Her Grandfather Joe Kennedy was ambassador to England. They ran him out of the country for supporting the Nazis

He never supported the Nazis, he supported Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's apparent policy of appeasement. He wanted to avoid war, and wanted to avoid sending his sons to war.

You really don't know anything about the Kennedys do you? But it is consistent with your ignorance of every topic.

The Kennedys have always been devoted to social justice. Bobby and Ted were champions of the poor, the disenfranchised and the oppressed. Eunice devoted her life to the mentally handicapped. And Bobby's son Joe II created Citizen's Energy to offer free heating oil to the poor and elderly.

Yep. It's a shame they couldn't have taken over a communist country in eastern Europe where they really could have made a name for themselves.

Yep. It's a shame they couldn't have taken over a communist country in eastern Europe where they really could have made a name for themselves.

On the day he bombed the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City in 1995, Timothy McVeigh wore a t-shirt that bore Jefferson's words with an image of a tree with blood dripping from its branches.

He never supported the Nazis, he supported Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's apparent policy of appeasement. He wanted to avoid war, and wanted to avoid sending his sons to war.

Joe kind of made a statement that he did not think England could withstand the Nazi invasion and advocated a US policy that assumed Germany would take over England

He was not too popular in England after that and FDR had to pull him out

I saw some interviews with Caroline when they were thinking of appointing her Senator from NY after Hillary left. Caroline is not that impressive. Horrible speaker and not a natural politician. She was sheltered her whole life...and it shows

I saw some interviews with Caroline when they were thinking of appointing her Senator from NY after Hillary left. Caroline is not that impressive. Horrible speaker and not a natural politician. She was sheltered her whole life...and it shows

I have seen her in various interviews and have thought quite the opposite. I think most people don't realize how unqualified most ambassadors are. Most are just friends or political cronies of the current administration. There are those who don't speak the language of the country where they will be (Caroline probably does not speak Japanese); there are those who have no experience of diplomacy; there are those who have no background or knowledge of the country where they will be ambassadors. I brought up Shirley Temple, who was ambassador to Mexico. What qualified her to be an ambassador? Nothing.

Last edited:

I wasn't going to say but now that you have........ I must agree. She belongs at home. Keep her away from Japan. They have enough problems right now. - Jeremiah

Forum List

Back