Carrying a gun while being minority; Reverse role

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I told this tale on the politics section, but, thought I'd share here.

Back when I lived in Atlanta, an old high school friend visited me. He went to the mall in Conyers, GA, which is a mostly black area, like many parts of ATL. I was at work, and he was killing some time.

He was always a bit.....observant, but not outwardly racist. He got back, and joked "I carried my gun (concealed weapon holder) in that place!". I asked why. He said, again, half joking, "I was the minority in there man!"

And then I realized why some black folks, who live in mostly white areas, carry a gun. Can you blame 'em?

Back when I lived in Atlanta, an old high school friend visited me. He went to the mall in Conyers, GA, which is a mostly black area, like many parts of ATL. I was at work, and he was killing some time.

He was always a bit.....observant, but not outwardly racist. He got back, and joked "I carried my gun (concealed weapon holder) in that place!". I asked why. He said, again, half joking, "I was the minority in there man!"

And then I realized why some black folks, who live in mostly white areas, carry a gun. Can you blame 'em?

I don't blame anyone for wanting to protect themselves and exercise their Constitutional right to bear arms.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to protect themselves and exercise their Constitutional right to bear arms.

I agree.

Forum List

Back