Case closed, Zimmerman's a gonner

Status
Not open for further replies.
"appears" is not legal standard of proof, it is however mindful of the legal term "probable cause" and if I understand Cuyo correctly he believes from the reports made public that there was PC to issue the arrest warrant and to hold GZ to answer. To that I fully agree.

We're not talking about "probable cause"... We are talking about "beyond a reasonable doubt".

The prosecutor has not made his case - yet. The Defense Theory is self defense, time will tell who prevails and that is when "Reasonable Doubt" comes into play and six women decide the fate of GZ.

Consider these points:

1. GZ was out and about and legally carrying a deadly weapon. We don't know what his mindset was on that day, what we know is he discharged his weapon and killed an unarmed teenager.

2. TM was legally out and about and purchased an ice tea and candy. He was unarmed and we don't know what his mindset was that day.

3. At some point GZ and TM met, engaged in mutual combat and GZ drew his gun and killed TM.

4. We know GZ had contacted the police agency and reported suspicious activity. We know he was told not to engage the 'suspect'.

5, We know the deceased cannot give his version of the events which lead to his death.

"suspicious activity" in this case is a young black man walking down the street after returning from making a purchase at a local business. Thats Treyvon's crime. kgrill says it warrants his being killed but she's a good christian doncha' know? :rofl: In her own mind maybe :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Prosecution has evidence. How well it is presented will determine GZ's fate.

Correction. The State prosecutors have SOME evidence. Whether or not there is sufficient evidence will be the primary determiner of how well they fare.

But I predict that the truly big issue at this trial is likely to come down to a very imprecise legal definition. Did ANYTHING done by the defendant qualify him as a person who "initially provoked" the physical violence?

Even if Zimmerman did "provoke" Treyvon, how does that justify bashing his head against the ground and breaking his now? Unless Zimmerman physically attacked Treyvon, there is no legal justification for any violence on his part.

Case closed.

There is no conclusive evidence his head was bashed on the ground or his nose was broken.

IMO...if you are not able to defend yourself without a gun, then you shouldnt be following (legal or not) suspicious people in the dark....just saying....not a smart move by GZ. Not illegal, but not real bright either...I think that may have been why the dispatcher said "we dont need you to do that".

i guess i mostly disagree with that as too generalized

LOL...how dare you disagree with me!!:2up:

We're not talking about "probable cause"... We are talking about "beyond a reasonable doubt".

The prosecutor has not made his case - yet. The Defense Theory is self defense, time will tell who prevails and that is when "Reasonable Doubt" comes into play and six women decide the fate of GZ.

Consider these points:

1. GZ was out and about and legally carrying a deadly weapon. We don't know what his mindset was on that day, what we know is he discharged his weapon and killed an unarmed teenager.

2. TM was legally out and about and purchased an ice tea and candy. He was unarmed and we don't know what his mindset was that day.

3. At some point GZ and TM met, engaged in mutual combat and GZ drew his gun and killed TM.

4. We know GZ had contacted the police agency and reported suspicious activity. We know he was told not to engage the 'suspect'.

5, We know the deceased cannot give his version of the events which lead to his death.

"suspicious activity" in this case is a young black man walking down the street after returning from making a purchase at a local business. Thats Treyvon's crime. kgrill says it warrants his being killed but she's a good christian doncha' know? :rofl: In her own mind maybe :cuckoo:

Didn't you know walking while black is a crime?

SirJames, you are describing the white population of Joaquin and Logansport. Much of white East Texas is inbred.

Correction. The State prosecutors have SOME evidence. Whether or not there is sufficient evidence will be the primary determiner of how well they fare.

But I predict that the truly big issue at this trial is likely to come down to a very imprecise legal definition. Did ANYTHING done by the defendant qualify him as a person who "initially provoked" the physical violence?

Even if Zimmerman did "provoke" Treyvon, how does that justify bashing his head against the ground and breaking his now? Unless Zimmerman physically attacked Treyvon, there is no legal justification for any violence on his part.

Case closed.

There is no conclusive evidence his head was bashed on the ground or his nose was broken.
According to the medical report he had a bone fracture in his nose...he also received two black eyes from the punch to the nose.

The pictures of the back of his head were taken just 3 minutes after the incident by the neighbor who also called 911, so unless GZ caused his own injuries, then I think its pretty safe to assume GZs story to be correct here.

The point isnt whether the injuries were there or who caused them, the question is who was acting in self defense? It could be argued that Trayvon was, because when asked "whats the problem", Mr Z reached for something on his right side. As it turns out the only thing to reach for on Mr Zs right side was his gun. I would be arguing that if I were the prosecution.

No, there is no medical report that said anything of the sort.

Stop the lies.

No, there is no medical report that said anything of the sort.

Stop the lies.

I dont lie, brotha. I posted it. You will need to catch up.

"And there's Zimmerman's medical report. According to another ABC story from earlier this week, Zimmerman suffered two black eyes, a fractured nose, two lacerations on his head, and a minor back injury the night he killed Martin."~ABC

Last edited:
tm.jpg

Lookin' good!

BushFlip.png

Obama-Guns_Darg-2.jpg

Book: Bush was arrested for cocaine in 1972 - Salon.com

his abrasions are immaterial. What is material is that he stalked that unarmed young man and we know the rest of the story.

This case was over before Zimmerman was arrested.

Zimmerman is going to walk...

The only testimony about the actual incident is going to come from Zimmerman.

And that's the whole case...everything else is irrelevant.

"Martin attacked me, I was in fear for my life, I shot him once in self defense."

And the defenders say "but...but...but...Zimmerman followed Martin..."

So what?

It's not illegal to follow someone.

If Martin was in fear...why didn't he call the police?

He had a cell phone...he was on it talking to his girlfriend.

Instead, as Zimmerman will tell it on the stand...Martin ambushed him and attacked him.

And there is no evidence that this is not a true statement.

Case closed, let's all go home.

Case closed.

According to the medical report he had a bone fracture in his nose...he also received two black eyes from the punch to the nose.

The pictures of the back of his head were taken just 3 minutes after the incident by the neighbor who also called 911, so unless GZ caused his own injuries, then I think its pretty safe to assume GZs story to be correct here.

The point isnt whether the injuries were there or who caused them, the question is who was acting in self defense? It could be argued that Trayvon was, because when asked "whats the problem", Mr Z reached for something on his right side. As it turns out the only thing to reach for on Mr Zs right side was his gun. I would be arguing that if I were the prosecution.

ABC reported the a doctor report that Zimmerman said his nose was broken but there was never any x-rays taken and Zimmerman refused medical treatment at the scene.
And a small injury to the back of his head does not mean Martin was bashing his head on the ground.

"Martin attacked me, I was in fear for my life, I shot him once in self defense."

So what?

Instead, as Zimmerman will tell it on the stand...Martin ambushed him and attacked him.

And we have to hope the jury has the balls to agree . Might be tough with an all woman jury.:cool:

So what?

And we have to hope the jury has the balls to agree . Might be tough with an all woman jury.:cool:

Do I have to go over the whole affirmative defense thing with you people again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back