Casey Anthony

YOU are the jury. What's your thoughts so far?

• guilty.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not guilty.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I said in an earlier post on this subject, I think she is very guilty. The facts in the case are a bit cloudy because of the testimony of her parents and brother. Her refusing to testify didn't help her cause any either. I think one of two possible events happened to the baby girl. Here are my thoughts:

(1) It is not unreasonable to believe that she had a habit of chlorforming the baby to induce her into sleep so she could go out and party. It is possible that she overdosed the baby and thus caused her death.

(2) Premeditated murder. Duct tape used to smother the baby thus causing her death.

Most likely, it was premeditated murder. That would be my verdict.

As I said in an earlier post on this subject, I think she is very guilty. The facts in the case are a bit cloudy because of the testimony of her parents and brother. Her refusing to testify didn't help her cause any either. I think one of two possible events happened to the baby girl. Here are my thoughts:

(1) It is not unreasonable to believe that she had a habit of chlorforming the baby to induce her into sleep so she could go out and party. It is possible that she overdosed the baby and thus caused her death.

(2) Premeditated murder. Duct tape used to smother the baby thus causing her death.

Because of a truly insane situation up here, where the doc thought he was a rock star and was proclaiming parents and relatives guilty of murder on a continual basis AND getting convictions based on ludicrous and crazy testimony, I've been very very cautious in coming to any conclusion in the Anthony case.

But I cannot come up with any other outcome than this mother having killed her child. Heavy heart to conclude this, but I can't come up with any other verdict from what information I have seen published.

Not one of us likes to see or even think that a mother would kill her own baby, tinydancer. Believe it or not, I share your heavy heart in that this case has made me feel very sad for the child that was made part of a mudpatch by a heartless mother. Thanks for the link. We have miscarriages of justice here, too. But the behavior of the mother--31 days of party immediately following the child's murder, and all the obfuscating and excuse making lies tell a sorry story.

Last edited:
I think she did it herself and big dog that sounds right, and Iam too. both of you have it, she gased her and then panicked.

IF there was an accomplice she would have given him or her up , this is a death penalty case.

as far as the verdict, they won't give her the gas despite the fact I think it would be justice its not justice if you get my drift.

How the charges are framed I think aggravated manslaughter is what they will come back with. The judge should slam dunk her though.

1 yes, 2 no. or at least they have not proved it...

Guilty of premeditated murder.

Guilty of aggravated child abuse, making premeditation moot.

That's my prediction, too. But it still will be appealed.

Planned incompetence on the part of a lawyer in order to secure an appeal in a losing case is inflicted against a court. I think the consequence should be disbarrment of the offending officer of the court.

Why should the overtaxed public be put through this loathesome episode again over a cagey play where the lawyer wins either way?

Disbarrment for intentionally throwing a case would send a message through the legal system that Americans aren't going to take it anymore.

I realize there is no DNA evidence in this case that proves that Casey did it, but there is a ton of other circumstantial evidence that convinces me she is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Most importantly that Casey was the last person to be seen with Caylee, and then all the lies about where Caylee was, and lastly that she was found dead and discarded. Not to mention the pictures of Casey having a good old time when her daughter was "missing".

To find Casey not guilty would be as bad and shameful as when OJ was found not guilty. Caylee deserves justice. That poor, sweet little girl. :(

Agreed, but Casey is cute, so no jail time for her.

Because of a truly insane situation up here, where the doc thought he was a rock star and was proclaiming parents and relatives guilty of murder on a continual basis AND getting convictions based on ludicrous and crazy testimony, I've been very very cautious in coming to any conclusion in the Anthony case.

But I cannot come up with any other outcome than this mother having killed her child. Heavy heart to conclude this, but I can't come up with any other verdict from what information I have seen published.

Not one of us likes to see or even think that a mother would kill her own baby, tinydancer. Believe it or not, I share your heavy heart in that this case has made me feel very sad for the child that was made part of a mudpatch by a heartless mother. Thanks for the link. We have miscarriages of justice here, too. But the behavior of the mother--31 days of party immediately following the child's murder, and all the obfuscating and excuse making lies tell a sorry story.

I've always loved murder. And murder cases. It's the Perry Mason kid in me. But some cases these days are so repulsive and I think this one qualifies to that degree.

And she and her legal team are attempting to diminish any rational thought on how the baby "died". Duct tape? Duct tape? Chloroform? Are we kidding here?

This is just sad all around. This one still doesn't match Randal Dooley, but it's close. Far too close.

1 yes, 2 no. or at least they have not proved it...

If I were one of the jurors, I could not ignore the Coroner's report that rendered Caylee's death a homicide. I could not ignore Ms. Anthony's propensity to engage in criminal hubris on each and every police report prior to her incarceration.

So far, the only good thing Ms. Anthony has done was to cry when the prosecutor said she killed her baby so she could party in her closing statement. That is the very first sign of remorse I have seen in this craven killer's resume of acts.

I realize there is no DNA evidence in this case that proves that Casey did it, but there is a ton of other circumstantial evidence that convinces me she is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Most importantly that Casey was the last person to be seen with Caylee, and then all the lies about where Caylee was, and lastly that she was found dead and discarded. Not to mention the pictures of Casey having a good old time when her daughter was "missing".

To find Casey not guilty would be as bad and shameful as when OJ was found not guilty. Caylee deserves justice. That poor, sweet little girl. :(

I think the jury is over that, Zona. None of them got a vacation on the 4th of July. Cute goes out the window when overtime goes unrequited. Actually, that probably occurred at some time in the past two months when these people have been sequestered away from all contact with family and friends.

Nice theory, but it goes thud all the way to the bottom of the hill.

I think the jury is over that, Zona. None of them got a vacation on the 4th of July. Cute goes out the window when overtime goes unrequited. Actually, that probably occurred at some time in the past two months when these people have been sequestered away from all contact with family and friends.

Nice theory, but it goes thud all the way to the bottom of the hill.

I want to agree with you...I really do..but it only takes one.

Here is my thought on this casey woman. To kill a child is unthinkable....but a quick act really. To BURY your own child takes time. She wrapped that child up a bit and put that child in a bag and put her in a makeshift grave...that all takes time. That is what I dont understand how she does not lose her mind over.

I really dont believe in Heaven and Hell but dammit, if there is a hell, she will be there greeting new monsters daily.

I dont trust human nature, so I honestly think she will not do real time.

Any guesses as to how many years she does? I say under 3.:(

Firstly, the jurors will have to decide a unanimous choice. In the final analysis, there is an elephant sitting in the living room in this case, and his name is premeditation. The jury will not be able to shove this elephant aside. It is accompanied by a First Degree Murder assessment.

These people are good Americans, and they're not stupid. They have to get out of the way of the elephant sitting in the living room, and they can't.

They will either have to agree to a hung jury or a First Degree Murder charge.

Maybe they can, but I couldn't in good conscience ignore the factor of premeditation. The majority of them most likely will be quite persuasive with the nonbelievers if there are any after seeing all that stuff go past their very eyes.

Those of faith will pray for justice for that poor little discarded human being that Caylee was. Her memory is bigger than the elephant.

Casey Anthony is not going to get away with murdering her daughter in cold blood with three pieces of duct tape that most likely caused asphyxiation, which is a cruel way to leave this world.

Last edited:
OJ got away with murder. You have to keep this in mind. I hope you are correct and she spends the rest of her life with other women in gen pop. (They are mostly mothers themselves and they hate baby killers from what I understand).

If she does do serious time, do you think she will be like everyone else who murdered a kid...in gen pop fearing for her life everyday like she should be or will she be in a celeberty type jail?

OJ got away with murder. You have to keep this in mind. I hope you are correct and she spends the rest of her life with other women in gen pop. (They are mostly mothers themselves and they hate baby killers from what I understand).

If she does do serious time, do you think she will be like everyone else who murdered a kid...in gen pop fearing for her life everyday like she should be or will she be in a celeberty type jail?

No.

I just want to say thank you to all who have been on this thread, especially from the beginning. I've learned so much and am so appreciative to have had such a worthy group with which to spar and reflect.

Best,
Kiki

Last edited:
Casey Anthony is not going to get away with murdering her daughter in cold blood with three pieces of duct tape that most likely caused asphyxiation, which is a cruel way to leave this world.

Herein lies a horrid truth

If I could but hold that child and wrap her in love before death at the hands of her mother I would.

But I can't. Justice must prevail. It's the least we can do.

Any guesses as to how many years she does? I say under 3.:(

Firstly, the jurors will have to decide a unanimous choice.
In the final analysis, there is an elephant sitting in the living room in this case, and his name is premeditation. The jury will not be able to shove this elephant aside. It is accompanied by a First Degree Murder assessment.

These people are good Americans, and they're not stupid. They have to get out of the way of the elephant sitting in the living room, and they can't.

They will either have to agree to a hung jury or a First Degree Murder charge.

Maybe they can, but I couldn't in good conscience ignore the factor of premeditation. The majority of them most likely will be quite persuasive with the nonbelievers if there are any after seeing all that stuff go past their very eyes.

Those of faith will pray for justice for that poor little discarded human being that Caylee was. Her memory is bigger than the elephant.

No, actually, they don't.

Forum List

Back