Cat Lovers Thread

Crazy_Cat_Lady_Organizer.jpg

hi guys, could use some prayer. I am a HUGE animal lover. I take care of 40-50 cats every single day in my city. One of my males (unfixed) ran away and its been more than a week. He is 1.5 years old and has never done this before. His mom and sisters are all fixed. If he comes back, he is getting fized asap. I miss him a lot and his name is Buddy. Please pray he isn't dead, hurt or sick and he is just wandering like unfixed males do? I do not know how he is getting fed? I always leave fresh food and water out for him and his mom, sister and other friends daily. I call him and look for him since last Friday. thanks guys. Kevin.

This one is really angry.

Poor thing. She does not want to be in a cage. She doesn't want to be at the vet. She wants to be home. She's probably scared to death.

Sometimes, cats that have been feral and they are caught and taken to the vet, will act this way. Poor things, they've never had good interaction with humans and it's more fear than anger that they are expressing. When we brought our son's cat home from LA, the first month she spent behind my art table, wouldn't come out and if you reached out to pet her she would snarl and hiss at you. Eventually she started coming out and we could pet her....it took her longer with my husband, maybe because he was the one that put her in the kennel. When we took her back this past September, she didn't act like that at all....she acclimated to their apartment really quick. You think she may have remembered my son? He is isn't even in the same apartment....it was weird that she didn't react the same way.

hi guys, could use some prayer. I am a HUGE animal lover. I take care of 40-50 cats every single day in my city. One of my males (unfixed) ran away and its been more than a week. He is 1.5 years old and has never done this before. His mom and sisters are all fixed. If he comes back, he is getting fized asap. I miss him a lot and his name is Buddy. Please pray he isn't dead, hurt or sick and he is just wandering like unfixed males do? I do not know how he is getting fed? I always leave fresh food and water out for him and his mom, sister and other friends daily. I call him and look for him since last Friday. thanks guys. Kevin.

Oh, so sorry to hear that. If you have had him a while he probably will come back. If he is new to you, who knows where he might have gone....maybe looking for familiar surroundings.

We brought a cat to Texas from Alabama (the whole story is at the beginning of this thread somewhere), our kennel fell apart as we were bringing him into the house, and he didn't know our house or us, for that matter, and he hit the ground running. We never found him. I was devastated for a while, felt so bad that we had taken him from his familiar surroundings just because I wanted him.

I hope you find him. He'll probably find food (lizards, birds, snakes) to sustain him, but I hope he realizes he had it better and comes back to you.

This looks a bit like our Brodie. She's the little girl who was thrown from a moving car and meant to go over a bridge and into the lake. Instead, they hit the concrete bridge with her. When we found her, she was starved and loaded with fleas and so terribly frightened.

She will never be completely comfortable in her own skin and still gets spooked but she's very loving. About 3 years old now and looks like a fur-covered loaf of bread.

And she's just beautiful.

Forum List

Back