Cat Lovers Thread

FB_IMG_1619101161459.jpg

I've always wanted a desert cat for a pet.
Lately I'm in love with the Caracals........

caracal_gallery_6.jpg

The idea of having for a pet, a large cat of a sort not normally domesticated, appeals greatly to me. If I had the space for one, the resources to properly care for one, and could trust it not to harm me, what I would really like is a liger—a hybrid, that you get when you cross a male lion with a female tiger. They are, by far, the biggest and most impressive felines in the world.

I don't know how tame they are capable of being, or how safe they can be as pets. Hercules, the liger seems pretty docile in pictures and footage I've seen of him with his handlers, but these are people who are experts at working with large, wild cats.

1619970748675.png
1619970784316.png

1619970766448.png

Cheetahs, on the other hand, I understand to be very easily tameable and domesticateable, and can make very good pets. If I actually had the resources to acquire a nominally wild sort of cat, for a pet, a cheetah would probably be a good choice.

It's all fantasy, of course. I doubt that I'll ever have the resources to acquire and keep a wild-type of cat as a pet.

I've always wanted a desert cat for a pet.
Lately I'm in love with the Caracals........

caracal_gallery_6.jpg

The idea of having for a pet, a large cat of a sort not normally domesticated, appeals greatly to me. If I had the space for one, the resources to properly care for one, and could trust it not to harm me, what I would really like is a liger—a hybrid, that you get when you cross a male lion with a female tiger. They are, by far, the biggest and most impressive felines in the world.

I don't know how tame they are capable of being, or how safe they can be as pets. Hercules, the liger seems pretty docile in pictures and footage I've seen of him with his handlers, but these are people who are experts at working with large, wild cats.

View attachment 486295View attachment 486297
View attachment 486296

Cheetahs, on the other hand, I understand to be very easily tameable and domesticateable, and can make very good pets. If I actually had the resources to acquire a nominally wild sort of cat, for a pet, a cheetah would probably be a good choice.

It's all fantasy, of course. I doubt that I'll ever have the resources to acquire and keep a wild-type of cat as a pet.

Animals are like people........they all have different personalities, different likes, different dislikes, and different temperaments.

It's not difficult to teach and train an animal, if you do your research first.......and understand it's a living thing, not a battery operated toy, or something you can play with once in a while and then ignore. Like relating to another human, you have to take their personality, their traits, and their behaviors into consideration when dealing with them.

Humans who understand this can train any animal, if they start at the appropriate time in the animals life.

I have a stray cat living in my basement. Was likely looking for food and was sleeping on the landing of the steps to the basement. I keep that door and the exterior door open to air out my place. Luckily 1/2 of basement floor was never finished so it is dirt relative to getting it a litterbox. Super scared of people so someone must have messed with him/her. Have a water bowl and dry food bowl for him/her for 1 week now, and it has gained some weight. He/She found a hiding spot in the wall so when I go down there it immediately hides. The first 2 days it drank 2 large bowls of water, must have been dehydrated big time.

I have a stray cat living in my basement. Was likely looking for food and was sleeping on the landing of the steps to the basement. I keep that door and the exterior door open to air out my place. Luckily 1/2 of basement floor was never finished so it is dirt relative to getting it a litterbox. Super scared of people so someone must have messed with him/her. Have a water bowl and dry food bowl for him/her for 1 week now, and it has gained some weight. He/She found a hiding spot in the wall so when I go down there it immediately hides. The first 2 days it drank 2 large bowls of water, must have been dehydrated big time.
They are so cute at that age. Not so much when they get older and invite 6 or 8 of their friends to move in, and start spitting out a fresh batch of kittens with the regularity of a donut shop making glazed donuts.

They have injections they can give animals now to keep them sterile, so you don't have to have them operated on. I don't know if they are a good option, I don't know anything about the shot itself or any side effects, but I know its an option.

Forum List

Back