Cat Lovers Thread

Ravens are big on carrion but I've never seen one kill.

Eagles are a serious threat where I live. On that account my remaining cat (the other died naturally) gets out only into a very large cage with a chicken-wire roof. Too many instances of small pets being carried off. I hate confining him but he has a demonstrated fear of heights (so un-catlike) and probably would be too paralyzed with fear to even try to fight back.

We watch the eagles every morning but this morning there were more than we usually see. At one point, we counted 14 adults and juveniles.

I have several hawks and owls I'm conditioning for release. Boy, did they get quiet and watchful. In spite of what you hear, hawks and owls will not usually take an adult cat but the eagles are big enough to get airborne with a good size cat.

However, hawks and owls will tear up a cat to the point it cannot survive.

Keep them in or in a cat run like what I've described in the past. Its the only way to really keep them safe from cars, dogs and the idiot people who kill or harm them.

Find the cat ...

There's a black and white cat in this photo. Can you find him?

If not, I did and would be more than happy to give you directions.

image0015.jpg

I found him....half way down the middle left.....white with charcoal gray spots on top walking downward......took me a while, had to see the large version of the picture before I could find him.

Cat Born With Backwards Legs Can Now Walk & Run
Stockings was born with backwards legs. He couldn’t stand or walk, but the people from Chicago’s Tree House wouldn’t give up on him.
Read more at Cat Born With Backwards Legs Can Now Walk & Run
cat-born-with-backwards-legs-can-now-walk-run

“It is incredible to see him take a few, tentative steps as he learns to navigate on his new legs.”

Look at this face -

stockingschristmas_lights_sitting.jpg

The story, more photos and a video at the link.

Our cat Skip, was a special needs kitten. We took him knowing we would have to amputate one front leg. He never seemed to notice - it never slowed him down.

We've decided its time to go back to fostering and told our vet and the shelter we would take the special needs cats.

I'm so proud of you - Yea, yea, yea........:clap2::clap2: Be sure and post pictures....we'll have to see them......

Cat Born With Backwards Legs Can Now Walk & Run
Stockings was born with backwards legs. He couldn’t stand or walk, but the people from Chicago’s Tree House wouldn’t give up on him.

“It is incredible to see him take a few, tentative steps as he learns to navigate on his new legs.”

Look at this face -

stockingschristmas_lights_sitting.jpg

The story, more photos and a video at the link.

Our cat Skip, was a special needs kitten. We took him knowing we would have to amputate one front leg. He never seemed to notice - it never slowed him down.

We've decided its time to go back to fostering and told our vet and the shelter we would take the special needs cats.

I'm so proud of you - Yea, yea, yea........:clap2::clap2: Be sure and post pictures....we'll have to see them......

Its all your fault.

Who can resist all those adorable kitten photos?

And, I've never been able to resist the little hurt, sick or abused ones.

Main Coon kitten

maine_coon_kitten.jpg

That's my Skip when we first got him. Just a little fluff ball, cripple front leg that he never seemed to notice. Our vet called to ask if we'd take him and when we got there, his cage was empty and no one knew where he was. The kids of the vets and staff work there, caring for the animals and cleaning cages. One of them was carrying him around in his pocket and had named him Skip for his crippled leg.

He was the same age as our other rescue - Brodie who was thrown out of a car but instead of landing in the water, hit the bridge where we found her huddled.

Wasn't long though before he passed her by. He was enormous but she was still the boss. The were raised together and were inseparable.

We saw he was skip on election eve and put him down less than a week later. A year later, we adopted another Maine coon rescued from a kitten mill. He's a year old now, trouble in a fur coat. Brodie has never accepted him but, every day, he becomes a nicer person to be around.

That kitten really really does look like Skip did.

Forum List

Back