Cat Lovers Thread

Main Coon kitten

maine_coon_kitten.jpg

That's my Skip when we first got him. Just a little fluff ball, cripple front leg that he never seemed to notice. Our vet called to ask if we'd take him and when we got there, his cage was empty and no one knew where he was. The kids of the vets and staff work there, caring for the animals and cleaning cages. One of them was carrying him around in his pocket and had named him Skip for his crippled leg.

He was the same age as our other rescue - Brodie who was thrown out of a car but instead of landing in the water, hit the bridge where we found her huddled.

Wasn't long though before he passed her by. He was enormous but she was still the boss. The were raised together and were inseparable.

We saw he was skip on election eve and put him down less than a week later. A year later, we adopted another Maine coon rescued from a kitten mill. He's a year old now, trouble in a fur coat. Brodie has never accepted him but, every day, he becomes a nicer person to be around.

That kitten really really does look like Skip did.

Well, Skip must have been really, really cute, because that kitty is really cute.

How adorable.....they all look like mirror images of each other! :lol::lol:

the WORST!!!.....

i end up putting liquid paper and nail polish on them to keep them all straight!!!

"Here...we have 8 kittens for you to take home"....

"and what are they like?"

"they're all black"

:wtf:

OMG! That would be difficult. I guess collars would be out of the question? With their names? Mine don't have collars, but then, I can tell them apart....:lol:

How adorable.....they all look like mirror images of each other! :lol::lol:

the WORST!!!.....

i end up putting liquid paper and nail polish on them to keep them all straight!!!

"Here...we have 8 kittens for you to take home"....

"and what are they like?"

"they're all black"

:wtf:

OMG! That would be difficult. I guess collars would be out of the question? With their names? Mine don't have collars, but then, I can tell them apart....:lol:

we put collars on them when the go into the shelter..... but the collars are more trouble then they are worth....

sometimes the collar is bigger then they are :eek:

My little black cat is now sitting in front of the monitor, in her "Just try to ignore me now!" pose. Time to play the chase-the-mouse-pointer game with her.

I found her when out jogging a few months back. She walked over and cried at me, I felt her ribs poking out, and I had to take her home. She's a happy little pest now.

Kitty in my av was a semi-feral cat who hung around my house for a couple years. I hope he worked himself into a good home. He was handsome enough to catch people's attention. He didn't want to live with me, since my other boycat was hostile towards him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back